#81 G is for Gamma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 418 posts
  • LocationDr Dude, Dr Mom.

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:50 PM

View PostOni Storm, on 16 September 2012 - 05:21 PM, said:

and I thought I was terrible :huh: Gammadin for the win... Oh the Punniness of it all... What's worse I'm part Scottish and Irish... Just LOL terrible

I am legend.

#82 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:54 PM

View PostRogueSpear, on 16 September 2012 - 05:35 PM, said:

I'm Scottish living in Ireland. Are you actually one or other, or just an American who once descended :huh:

Well My dad was half Scottish and half English, my mother Irish / Cherokee. When they took me over there when I was like two, i was "accepted" (whatever that means) I was told into the clan of Robertson and my half-sister may still have the tapestry and tartan to this day. I remember we used to go up to Kentucky for a log throwing competition and the rolling and pipes and all. I had to wear a kilt for some of the parties but I haven't been involved since they both passed. So guess that means little to most, so yeah you'd probably consider me an American.

#83 G is for Gamma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 418 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:05 PM

View PostOni Storm, on 16 September 2012 - 07:54 PM, said:

Well My dad was half Scottish and half English, my mother Irish / Cherokee. When they took me over there when I was like two, i was "accepted" (whatever that means) I was told into the clan of Robertson and my half-sister may still have the tapestry and tartan to this day. I remember we used to go up to Kentucky for a log throwing competition and the rolling and pipes and all. I had to wear a kilt for some of the parties but I haven't been involved since they both passed. So guess that means little to most, so yeah you'd probably consider me an American.

Shout out to Kentucky.

#84 Nor Azman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 217 posts
  • LocationPeriphery

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:55 PM

Woow and hello! :( I think is Karma man, coming back just as steel and snow is gearing up. A good sign. I was thinking on 'Project Minmei' character think-up but I was kinda thinking of revisiting my Azman from No Return character, I had a blast rping back in Grafvitnir's Windborne Raven RP. Add 3063 - 3049 = 14 years and here we go! B)

View PostRogueSpear, on 12 September 2012 - 03:39 PM, said:

If people disappear for two weeks from the forum, I'll have to kill off/incapacitate the character.

...please dont kill azman.... *notice a woman in black wearing a bowler hat, arms folded under her brest, her fingers tapping furiously, glaring at him* ...gulp...

======================================

Charater Info

Character name: Azman

Born: 3020, No Return, Capellan Confederation, age 43

Description: Tall and skinny, with "little meat on him". 6'1 height, brown skin, black eyes, with "Eww, your hair feels like straw, do you ever use shampoo?" short black hair. Wears a well-worn large brown coat over nondescript shirt and pants. Usually straps a Periphery frontier rifle on his shoulder, a relic six-shooter revolver (with own made bullets) on a side holster and a wakizashi long dagger hidden at his belt. Does have some grenades in his pockets. Also carries a broken pocket watch. Wears a notched up pair of glasses and a sheepish smile ever on his face.

Last known affiliation: Browncoats IMC mercenaries

Usually pilots a beat-up COM 2D Commando (However for Steel and Snow, will be piloting a Vulcan VT-5S. hehehe. :) )

Callsign: Reptile

Background: [[Please read my profile-about me. Warning: Long though]]

Updated Background

The mercenary known as Azman was first highlighted during the ‘Sack of Rundvik’, FRR-Vekfaren, early 3049. His role in the incident is still unknown. Azman later resurfaced with the loose knit mercenary group known as the Browncoats IMC located in Periphery territory.

During the initial Clan Invasion, late 3049, Azman was among the mercenaries who fought side by side with the FRR against the inexorable march of Kerensky’s Children. Desperate retreat after desperate retreat, valour (or stubbornness) counted only so much when decaying Inner Sphere technology stood up to advance Clan Omnimechs. During the burning of those dark days, Azman formed a fierce kinship with his comrades-in-arms. To this day Azman holds an affinity to any mercenary who survived the initial slaughter of the Clan Invasion as well having deep respect for the warriors of the Free Raselhague Republic who fought and died for their lost independence.

Azman was at Luthien, making a personal choice, when Theodore Kurita made the call for mercenaries to come defend the Draconis Combine homeworld. The sun did not set on the Dragon that day but Azman, only a lone mercenary among many, paid a deep personal cost.

Wars and battles raged on and the name Azman was glimpsed from time to time in reports but quietly, the man faded into mercenary obscurity.

In 3061, Azman resurfaced during the ‘Riots of the Dispossessed’ at Harlech’s TempTown, Outreach. When Comstar’s neutrality was shattered during Operation Scorpion, 3052, and the consequences thereof, powerful mercenary groups, most notably Wolf’s Dragoons, positioned themselves in the centre of the mercenary world. Growing unease, if not muted resentment came from the bottom half at the ‘self-anointed Kings’ of the free mercenary trade. The gulf between ‘the haves and the have nots’ among mercenaries was becoming a chasm. A storm was slowly brewing in a teapot…

Azman, mysteriously vanished without a trace in early 3062 until 3063….

=====================================

Um, a bit rusty so bear with me. :P Also need to inform, my 'vast' battletech knowledge is usually gleaned from sarna.net and for battletech tech specifics, well its hard for me to tell the difference between a heat sink from my kitchen sink! :lol: My extensive combat knowledge boils down to 'aim weapon, shoot weapon' *que star wars sound effects* :P So I'll play everything by ear and hopefully everything will end up alright. :D

Laterz.

Edited by Nor Azman, 16 September 2012 - 10:15 PM.

#85 Nor Azman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 217 posts
  • LocationPeriphery

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:10 PM

Hopefully this is the mech I can pilot.

Vulcan VT 5S
Posted Image

Vulcan VT 5S

Mass: 40 tons
Class: Medium
Speed: 97.2 Km/h with MASC equipped for 129 km/h short bursts (really good for running away. hehehe. :( )
Jump Jets: Yes

Armmaments:
U/AC 5 x 1
Medium Laser x 1
Flamer x 1
Machine Gun x 1

...I shall call her my 'Millenium Vulcan'! *geek snort* :)

Laterz

Edited by Nor Azman, 16 September 2012 - 10:13 PM.

#86 RogueSpear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts
  • LocationOn the dim edges of the map labelled only: Here be Urbanmechs.

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:40 AM

A rifle, revolver, grenades and a sword on a mechwarrior? What do you get up to?
Screw it, it's Azman. Approved!

#87 Vodkavaiator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:27 AM

View PostNor Azman, on 16 September 2012 - 09:55 PM, said:

I was thinking on 'Project Minmei' character think-up but I was kinda thinking of revisiting my Azman from No Return character, I had a blast rping back in Grafvitnir's Windborne Raven RP. Add 3063 - 3049 = 14 years and here we go! :D

Whilst I am sure you would have made a lovely new character for the RP, Azman is simply a classic/legendary(in my view) character on these forums(he was the reason I joined after all :D ).

--------------

I have pretty much finished the basic organization of the Green Hearts for this RP, Battletech as some hilariously bad rules for how an infantry unit should be organized(at least when you try and translate from RL). :P

I used the British Army as a base for how they are organized, so thanks to the Brits I guess...

Edited by Vodkavaiator, 17 September 2012 - 09:47 AM.

#88 G is for Gamma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 418 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:36 PM

Any word on Warder joining the party?

#89 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:44 PM

British Army is pretty solid for infantry.

Not heard anything from him since Friday, will try to chase him.

#90 Durgan Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 103 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:14 PM

If were sharing here is my Komodo :)

Posted Image

#91 MacabreDerek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • LocationManitoba

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:34 PM

Some slight modification and extension done to Juri's bio. I find it odd how most assume she's in the combat to get away from her pain, I guess that's a bad bit of writing on my part, will try to fix it (or run with it perhaps) at a later date.

#92 G is for Gamma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 418 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:39 PM

View PostRogueSpear, on 13 September 2012 - 01:56 PM, said:

Maybe mix some in, but not go all out?
Also, anyone have thought's on Mac's bio? I must run, but the good ser was looking for feedback, see that he gets some :)

I missed this post or something, so here is my two cents on Mac's bio if we're still giving feedback.

I like. Needs some fleshing out, but it gives me a good feel of the individual. Makes me interested to see some more back story

Unlike errbody else, I don't see the need for a "brawler" mech for the character. The stalker is a good match, not a fire support nor a brawler it gives the "Black Butterfly" the ability to pull the wings off her enemies, as she marches slowly into the thickest of combats where she can bring a massive amount of fire (twin Srm's and a poop ton of medium lasers) to bare against whatever is shooting back.

EDIT: As i was posting my feedback, Mac went and updated his Bio. Looks good to me, one more on the "F the clans" train.

Edited by Gammadin, 17 September 2012 - 06:42 PM.

#93 Listless Nomad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:20 PM

I can't wait to read this - seems like an awesome group. Azman was awesome from the 'Raven.

#94 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:40 PM

Hopefully I can GM to match my awesome players :)
If this experiment works out, you may just get an invite next round Nomad :D

#95 Vodkavaiator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:15 AM

View PostGammadin, on 17 September 2012 - 06:39 PM, said:

Looks good to me, one more on the "F the clans" train.

The more the merrier... :P

#96 Nor Azman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 217 posts
  • LocationPeriphery

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:58 AM

Hey Listless Nomad! :) Even today, months later, I can still remember your character James in his Centurion back at Raven. I always thought he was the feeling knight in the story. Had a good glance at what you guys are doing in Grafvitnir's Tharkard City RP. Am really appreciating the craftsmanship going on there. Honestly there are good RPs going on all about in the forums. I think because there's so many great RP guys here. MWO Fan Fiction rocks! :D

Dont worry RS. Steel and Snow gonna reek of awesomeness. Another excellent adventure! *air guitar*

Now, am still squibbling with pencil and paper for ideas....

ps. Cool Komodo Durgan! :D

#97 Durgan Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 103 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:32 AM

Thanks, just replying here in response to the PM I received... can't wait to start.

#98 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:36 AM

Good to hear Durgan, so how are you all forming up :D

#99 G is for Gamma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 418 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:51 PM

I still say the concept of Thom pulling together his own unit might be the most reasonable way to go with this. Past associations with RAI could go a long way for a recently formed unit looking to make a big splash. Its the easiest way I can think of to Tie the newly formed unit to the RAI without it seeming to forced.

Honestly, a core group of us could "skip" the interview process having already been hired by Thom, while those that want to be late comers can RP meeting Thom (and who ever he picks as XO) and play 20 questions about their character. The rest of us RP "a day in the life of a Merc" and fill in our backstories with out, talk about our super cool paint jobs, make silly faces at each other Etc etc.

And then we all meet up, and go solve some crimes, rescue the princess, look for Carmen Sandiego ..... fight the bad guys.

Or we could go through the entirety of recruitment, just depends on how fast or slow everyone is wanting

#100 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:58 PM

View PostRogueSpear, on 18 September 2012 - 08:36 AM, said:

Good to hear Durgan, so how are you all forming up :D

"eww eww mister Carter.. Mister Carter!!!"

How about we all crash land on our way to Outreach, Solaris, or wherever mercenary's apply their trade? Just and Idea, but think it's one that I haven't seen in the Battletech Universe so far. Would be kinda a neat starting point for that matter, the ship crashed the Mechs and such survive but literally you have to get in maneuver, lift and in some cases claw, to get them out

The crash could even be from a failed jump and maybe we're on a hostile planet, etc etc. Just an option.

EDIT: Just read Gammadin's idea, that can work too. If so I claim all rights to my idea and well use it in the future for a different game ;) This idea is the sole property of Oni Inc, all rights reserved, any copy, description or ideas similar to it are the express property of Oni Inc and may not be used without the express written consent of the Oni Roleplay League. :P

Edited by Oni Storm, 18 September 2012 - 01:06 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users