Mechcommander Gold for PC "Free"

30 replies to this topic

#1 Bluey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • LocationAnatolia

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:25 PM

MechCommander Gold
http://gamestand.net...tails/id=8.html Its an iso file burn into a CD or use deamon tools after download to use it.

To play in windows 7
Just copy all the content in the CD or Virtual CD into a folder in your pc and start with MCX.EXE

Its legal.Its the original game; no custom campaigns or random missions.

#2 Kraktzor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationEdmonton

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:32 PM

Is it compatible with the newer versions of Windows, cause I am getting an error saying it isn't and can't be run.

#3 Bluey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • LocationAnatolia

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:33 PM

Just copy entire CD content on a folder and run MCX.EXE if you cant able to install it.

#4 Kraktzor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationEdmonton

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:46 PM

Just whenever I try to install it through the Daemon, it says my 64-bit version of windows is not compatible, and it can't do it. Am I missing a step in this somewhere?

<---- Likes playing on computers, not that good with them)

#5 Bluey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • LocationAnatolia

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:50 PM

as I said if you cannot install the game due to windows ,just copy entire cd*virtual cd deamon tools show* content to a folder on your pc and run MCX.EXE

Edited by Bluey, 02 March 2012 - 04:50 PM.

#6 Kraktzor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationEdmonton

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:08 PM

Oh, I have to burn it to a CD first? I thought the Daemon could just play it.

#7 Alabamatick

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:13 PM

View PostBluey, on 02 March 2012 - 03:25 PM, said:

MechCommander Gold
http://gamestand.net...tails/id=8.html Its an iso file burn into a CD or use deamon tools after download to use it.

To play in windows 7
Just copy all the content in the CD or Virtual CD into a folder in your pc and start with MCX.EXE

Its legal.Its the original game; no custom campaigns or random missions.

i tried this quite a few months ago, but i couldn't get it to work no matter what i tried :)

#8 Joe Davion 86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 269 posts
  • LocationCLT-NC

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:16 PM

all you have to do is set compatibility mode to win98 i believe and make sure the image is mounted in daemontools

#9 Kraktzor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationEdmonton

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:25 PM

Compatibility Mode? (sorry, Windows 7 is a very recent upgrade for my CPU, not sure what all the buttons do yet) That in the control panel somwhere?

Edited by Kraktzor, 02 March 2012 - 05:26 PM.

#10 Joe Davion 86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 269 posts
  • LocationCLT-NC

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:35 PM

View PostKraktzor, on 02 March 2012 - 05:25 PM, said:

Compatibility Mode? (sorry, Windows 7 is a very recent upgrade for my CPU, not sure what all the buttons do yet) That in the control panel somwhere?

no just right click on the MCX.exe and select properties, it will have a tab at the top called compatiblity.

#11 Kraktzor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationEdmonton

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:06 PM

I can't find MCX.EXE in files....
Nevermind found it..
Thx guys :) :mellow:

Edited by Kraktzor, 02 March 2012 - 06:14 PM.

#12 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:01 AM

Thanks. I never tried these games before. I'll give it a go.

#13 SamJay

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:17 AM

There was a site which had the windows 7 fix on it guys http://mechcommanders.shorturl.com i think it was

#14 Alizabeth Aijou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:01 AM

Is that download even legit?

#15 Kyle Hawkins

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationSearching for Gensokyo

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:58 PM

Brilliant game, I had no idea it was free now. Very cool. Everyone agonising over waiting for MWO should definitely try it out. It remains my overall favourite Battletech computer game to this day.

You don't need to install the game to play, and it is actually only the installer that is incompatible with newer windows, not the game itself (in my experience). Mount the ISO using Daemon tools, and then simply "open" the virtual CD drive via your "My Computer" area, where you should be able to see all the files in their natural state. They aren't encrypted or anything so all you have to do is select all of them at once, and copy+paste them into a folder somewhere. You can in fact even run the game right off the ISO by running the '.exe' file right there without moving it, though I believe that would probably prevent you saving. Not sure.

But yeah, to repeat that...
Don't worry about installing, just copy and paste the files off the disc, and hit the exe file.

I would definitely recommend this game to any Battletech or Mech Warrior fan. For those who want to play it "properly" you should note that the games options may be set to rookie/easy difficulty in the options menu before you start the campaign and it won't ask you. Easy mode will make the game feel like a rather mindless and dull exercise overall (in my opinion), with all your units being near invulnerable to fire and enemy mechs practically just laying down to die before you. If you want to actaully feel like you're commanding a highly dangerous invasion force company, then consider checking the difficulty is set to normal before hand.

If you want to feel like an Urbie staring down an Daishi, then go for hard mode. (That's a joke, don't do it...)

Edited by Kyle Hawkins, 11 June 2012 - 04:00 PM.

#16 Hawkeye 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArcadia

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:46 PM

Good game. I must recommend you instead play Mechcommander: Omnitech. It is an updated, patched, and expanded game. The "Exodus Road" campaign is awesome and they added in 50 some mechs. Nothing like laying siege to Clan Wolf with 6 lances of mechs

#17 Totec

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

I have tried a few different things to get this to work with no avail. At first I didnt think the ISO was burning to my cd at all because none of the files showed up. Then I looked at the properties and the disc space used was the same size as the file size downloaded..but still could not get any files to show up visibly. I am not the most savviest tech person..so does anyone have any pointers or ideas as to what I am doing wrong. Thanks!

#18 remedi

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:12 PM

Any insight on this at all? WIndows 7 64-bit, already burned the files to the disk and run in Win95 compatibility mode and when I try running MCX.exe I get an error that says the disc isn't in. When I try running setup, it says it's not compatible with my OS, even when in compatibility mode.

Help!!!

#19 Soy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:56 PM

Make an .iso file, mount in a virtual CD drive with Daemon Tools, and try going from there..? That's what I do, cuz my ******* MC disk is literally cracked right down the middle... :angry:

...also, such an awesome game. like, top 10 all time game for me.

Edited by Soy, 04 June 2013 - 03:57 PM.

#20 Uncleclint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 200 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:25 AM

View PostHawkeye 72, on 11 June 2012 - 06:46 PM, said:

Good game. I must recommend you instead play Mechcommander: Omnitech. It is an updated, patched, and expanded game. The "Exodus Road" campaign is awesome and they added in 50 some mechs. Nothing like laying siege to Clan Wolf with 6 lances of mechs

thx for the info, downloading right now :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users