Whos looking foward to Armored Core 5?

51 replies to this topic

#1 Mech Crusader 5000

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationAny place that has Mechs, like here

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:36 PM

I am taking a little survey. Who is going to get Armored Core 5 when it comes out? March 20th is the release date. I am definatly going to get it because the Armored Core series is awsome. The only thing that stinks is that the official website is practically all in Japanese because it is a Japanese game. So, whos going to get it when it comes out and what about the game do you think looks the most awsome? :)

#2 Bluey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • LocationAnatolia

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:41 PM

Ready tomatos ?
"Mechbay filled AC5s with tomatos"

Fire at will...... on Armored Core 5

#3 Kenyon Burguess

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:57 PM

armored core series is too complicated for me to enjoy. I like to tweak mechs some, but FFS that series has way to many options.

#4 Zakatak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,673 posts
  • LocationCanadastan

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:24 PM

Japan ruins mechs.

Among most other forms of entertainment.

#5 HeroicTofu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the Ford Galaxy

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:32 PM

Being a fan of all things mech and mecha related, yes, I very much look forward to Armored Core V. It seems to be going to a more strategy oriented route in contrast to the ohmygodspeed route that Armored Core 4 and For Answer took. It's also decreasing the size of the mechs so that urban environments don't just consist of running into the building and destroying it. I know a lot of people take issue with the 8 billion different ways to customize your mech in this series, but for me personally, I love it and wish they'd release DLC expansion packs to further add equipment to the game! You hear that From Software?! That's money right there!

Admittedly, I can't justify buying the game at release but I'll probably get it come May since I do like to get at least -one- game for my b-day!

#6 Evinthal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 660 posts
  • LocationGig Harbor, Wa

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:13 PM

View PostMech Crusader 5000, on 02 March 2012 - 04:36 PM, said:

I am taking a little survey. Who is going to get Armored Core 5 when it comes out? March 20th is the release date. I am definatly going to get it because the Armored Core series is awsome. The only thing that stinks is that the official website is practically all in Japanese because it is a Japanese game. So, whos going to get it when it comes out and what about the game do you think looks the most awsome? :)

I am! I have mine on pre-order. :) The multiplayer looks interesting with the whole 5 people on a team with 4 being in ACs and one being the operator having to relay information like enemy positions and status. I think the operator is going to be the hardest thing to play in AC5.

#7 Miles Tails Prower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • LocationStrike Cruiser: "Fury of Descent"

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:40 AM

After playing AC4, I am disinclined to buy AC5. If it gets a decent Metacritic score(80+) or if a friend lets me hold their copy, then I'd be willing to give it a shot. AC4 felt like an arcade title, I was really glad I didn't buy it but instead borrowed it from a friend.

The last halfway enjoyable robot game I played was Front Missions Evolved. Despite the unbalanced multiplayer, it was fun for a while.

Edited by Miles Tails Prower, 03 March 2012 - 02:41 AM.

#8 Mech Crusader 5000

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:27 AM

Cool! Its great hearing from all of you and everyone's opinions! :) About Front Mission:Evolved, I heard the game got mixed reviews. Some people said they liked it and others didn't. I might give the game a shot though. It looks pretty good in my opinion.

#9 Night of shadow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 117 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationQueensland, australia

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:03 PM

hell yeah im gonna buy AC:V the first armored core game i played was 4 which i smashed then i got armored core for answer and again i crushed it the games are great mind teaser you cant just charge in you have to think to beat your enemys un like so many games i've played before i mean all you had to do shoot em enough and they'd die i mean come on weres the fun in that you know what im saying right?

#10 Mech Crusader 5000

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:08 PM

Yeah, I know what your talking about. :ph34r: Speaking of which, I just got Armored Core 4 today. I can't wait to play it! :rolleyes:

#11 Dakkonn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 120 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:22 PM

<---- This guy.

Played them since Ac2 not going to stop now.

Sides I love spending 3 hours tweaking Cores getting the balance just right. (I E take bolt A off knee joint D and add 1/57 a ouch to right elbow and ITS PERFECT, balanced on all 4 sides evenly)

#12 Masakari666

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:04 AM

Love Armored Core, looking forward to the new system they have in 5, specially the online features.

That satellite / command view reminds me of Battlefield 2.

#13 Dr Killinger

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg, South Africa

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:13 AM

I've loved the Armoured Core series since I was a kid with a PS1... played every single game in the series, just love the customization. It's totally different to Battletech, but it scratches an itch that BT doesn't.

#14 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:46 PM

View PostDr.Killinger, on 04 March 2012 - 09:13 AM, said:

I've loved the Armoured Core series since I was a kid with a PS1... played every single game in the series, just love the customization. It's totally different to Battletech, but it scratches an itch that BT doesn't.

I started with Silent Line, but have since played all of the PS2 titles (AC2 through ACLR, minus Formula Front) and both AC4 and AC4A.
My sentiment is the same as Dr.Killinger's - it does satisfy a love for mecha-related media with interesting storylines and characteristics, but does so in a different way from BattleTech/Mechwarrior.

I'm looking forward to AC5 (and still hoping for an eventual revival/release of the OVA, Armored Core: Fort Tower Song).

#15 Maris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:44 AM

This is going to be my first PS3 game after a LLOOOONNNNGGGG time.

My last was Infamous 1. lol.

#16 Kurayami

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 916 posts
  • LocationSochi

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:58 AM

My alltime favorite mecha series. Of course i'm looking forward to V

as for EVOLVED - dumbed down casual arcade version of AC NEXUS without balance, customization and even sight of variety - no wonder it got mixed scores. imho even SHOGO have better mecha action then this.

#17 Alaskan Viking

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationPalin Prime, Capital of the Alaskan Federation of Planets

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:40 PM

Armored 2 is one of my favorite games of all time, it is up there with MechWarrior 2, Diablo 1, C&C Red Alert 1 and Golden Eye 64.

#18 Lorcan Lladd

• 1,037 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:47 PM

I've never played any Armored Core games, basically because I don't own the gaming systems they were released for...
...I have heard, however, that this new entry would also be released for the PC, so I may end up playing it.
From what I've seen in the trailers, it looks like Starsiege on crack, so I'd probably enjoy it.

#19 Evinthal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 660 posts
  • LocationGig Harbor, Wa

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:28 PM

View PostMiles Tails Prower, on 03 March 2012 - 02:40 AM, said:

After playing AC4, I am disinclined to buy AC5. If it gets a decent Metacritic score(80+) or if a friend lets me hold their copy, then I'd be willing to give it a shot. AC4 felt like an arcade title, I was really glad I didn't buy it but instead borrowed it from a friend.

The last halfway enjoyable robot game I played was Front Missions Evolved. Despite the unbalanced multiplayer, it was fun for a while.

Eh, AC:4 I didn't like because they changed the controls from what they had been in every other Armored core game and I just could NOT get the handle of it. Armored Core: 4 Answers went back to the old controls and I loved that one. Except for White Glint. Dear lord how I wanted to put my controller through my tv serveral times over while fighting her. over and over and over and over and over again.

View PostMech Crusader 5000, on 03 March 2012 - 06:27 AM, said:

Cool! Its great hearing from all of you and everyone's opinions! :) About Front Mission:Evolved, I heard the game got mixed reviews. Some people said they liked it and others didn't. I might give the game a shot though. It looks pretty good in my opinion.

I bought it on Steam while it was on sale a few months ago, I thought it was okay. nothing spectacular but not really horrible either.

#20 Masakari666

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:30 AM

Yeah, White Glint was tough! It'll be interesting to see how AC5 turns out, after they improved on AC4 with AC4A, which was better in every way, I didn't think they would go back to the drawing board so soon.

FROM is also doing Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor for 360+Kinect. Previews have been extremely positive. Since my Kinect sits here (mostly) unused, some Mech action might be just what the doctor ordered.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users