A Mech Warrior MOVIE!

62 replies to this topic

Poll: mech warrior move (315 member(s) have cast votes)

do you think it would be a good idea for a mech warrior movie

1. YES OF COURSE (279 votes [88.57%])

Percentage of vote: 88.57%

2. possibly/meh (29 votes [9.21%])

Percentage of vote: 9.21%

3. NO WAY (7 votes [2.22%])

Percentage of vote: 2.22%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 GingerBang

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationThe Airport Hilton

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:38 AM

View PostMustrumRidcully, on 20 September 2012 - 01:12 AM, said:

So what, every movie has that risk. It wouldn't really hurt the Battletech franchise as a game setting. It just means that someone made a ****** Battletech movie. It's not like people would stop playing Mechwarrior or Battletech just because a movie was bad. There have been quite a few terrible Dungeons & Dragons movies already, and yet people still play D&D!

Don't be like the guy at Paramount that said. "No, we decided we do not want Las Vegas to get a real-size model of the Enterprise. It could fail and would tarnish our reputation". Talk about wasted opportunities!

I think with a sensible approach for a script, people could produce a Battletech movie that wouldn't even need to suck:
http://mwomercs.com/...ch-movie-ideas/

The key IMO is make something that works, story-wise, even without the specific Battletech tropes, but uses the universe as a backdrop and aid to define the characters and their relationships to each other. The game shouldn't be non-stop Mech battle action (as much as I'd love to see that), it would use them like, say the recent Batman movies use action. It's the go-to solution to resolve conflicts, but the story of the movie stands on it own.

I don't know, i still haven't played a game of Battleship since the movie Battleship movie came out. Coincidence?

#62 TB Azrael

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:05 PM

I heard rumors a year or so ago that they were going to make a Battletech movie (of some type) but haven't heard anything since.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users