Oohh... Shiny!

65 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:00 PM

(08 March 3049)

Let me tell ya, gents, I’m getting sick and tired of the bellyaching in merc circles. Ever since the holier-than-thou Gray Death Legion found that thrice-damned Star League Memory Core before the Fourth War, pencil-geeks ‘round the Sphere have been hammering back their caffeine-laced cool-aids for all-nighters trying to crack lostech. And we all know it’s happening. The War of 3039 was ample proof the empires are bringing on-line ancient tech not seen on battlefields since the middle of the Second Succession War.

But percentages are low. Listening to the griping ‘round me, you’d think every House regiment was stocked to the gills with shiny tech straight out of a Star League Defense Force recruiting vid from some dusty museum vault. I’m telling ya, gents, just not the case. Only the elite of the elite are getting these toys. The Royal Guards, the Sword of Lights, Death Commandos, the Davion Guards. You gonna stack up that many C-bills to crunch out some shiny hardware, any House is gonna make sure it’s put to best use.

Now I hear the whining already: “What about the Gray Death Legion or Wolf’s Dragoons? I hear even their second-string ’Mechs are loaded with lostech.” Sure, and I hear every Canopian Pleasure Circus has a lost princess, painted in gold and just waitin’ for a hero to come rescue her. Sure, the Dragoons…what’ya gonna say.

They’re as mysterious as they come, showing up out of nowhere in ’05 with five full regiments and ready to rock…but the Legion? Lapdogs, gents, lapdogs.

For the rest of us sell-swords? We’re the mastiffs on the ridge and we get dropped into the gristmill first. So you’re not gonna lavish bills on a manicure and coat-trimming for the dog going down first.

But that’s the lot we’ve chosen…not to mention, lostech makes you lazy in the head. It’s the blood behind the myomer that takes the salvage, boys….

Keep it locked and loaded, gents.

-Jacob Hardenson, MercNet

#2 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:02 PM

This is aimed at you, Clanners. :P

#3 Steadfast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 767 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:02 PM

Hey! Don'T mess with me Heroes of my youngling times, them gray deaths are heroes, I tell ya!
Damn cancer :'(

#4 Listless Nomad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:03 PM

Lol - sounds like this will shout down the "pulse lasers were rediscovered by now" crowd.

Forget about LosTech for the time being - its standard stuff all the way!

Probably also means the GDL and the Dragoons wont be playable just yet.

Edited by Listless Nomad, 08 March 2012 - 01:04 PM.

#5 Morashtak

• Mercenary
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:05 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 08 March 2012 - 01:00 PM, said:

(08 March 3049)
Only the elite of the elite are getting these toys.... the Davion Guards.

Walks away muttering "And this should shock anyone that the Houses that pour the R&D C-bills into retrofitting their Mechs would be the first to field the goodies? How?"

#6 Listless Nomad

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:08 PM

View PostMorashtak, on 08 March 2012 - 01:05 PM, said:

Walks away muttering "And this should shock anyone that the Houses that pour the R&D C-bills into retrofitting their Mechs would be the first to field the goodies? How?"

I don't think that was a derisive comment - I think it was just telling people - shut up about elite weapons. Only the elite get them. Probably a hint that the highest rank house players get to join elite house units and then finally get access to good weapons.

#7 Felix Dante

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 400 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:09 PM

Grey Death Lives!

#8 RedHairDave

• 1,299 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:09 PM

love this post. keep it simple is the best motto. once its all smooth, then add the wacky stuff

#9 GDL Irishwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:11 PM

View PostListless Nomad, on 08 March 2012 - 01:03 PM, said:

Well, that would be...Inconvenient :P. However, I have hope - the post said that the lostech goes only to the elite of the elite,, rather than to everyone in a certain unit/house. I suspect that rather than not allowing certain units to be playable, there will simply be an unlock system for lostech once we reach a very high level

Edited by GDL Irishwarrior, 08 March 2012 - 01:11 PM.

#10 Listless Nomad

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:12 PM

View PostGDL Irishwarrior, on 08 March 2012 - 01:11 PM, said:

Well, that would be...Inconvenient :P. However, I have hope - the post said that the lostech goes only to the elite of the elite,, rather than to everyone in a certain unit/house. I suspect that rather than not allowing certain units to be playable, there will simply be an unlock system for lostech once we reach a very high level

I know that's true for the house units - but I'm not sure for merc corps. For your sake - I hope you are correct and that you wont have to be disappointed.

#11 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:15 PM

I don't care about LosTech if it means you need teams of LosTechnicians to keep it running, stocks of LosAmmo to load it, and hoards of LosCash to pay for it all.

#12 Frantic Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • 714 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:15 PM

Well..I got a few gauss rifles and a few tons of ammo laying aroud here that I'm not using and I'm selling em cheap! Noww your rag-tag merc unit can have the shiny toys the big units have! :P

#13 Skwisgaar Skwigelf

• 1,136 posts
  • LocationMordhaus

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:16 PM

We will get access to LosTech - but it will be expensive!

#14 Brakkyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:21 PM

View PostListless Nomad, on 08 March 2012 - 01:03 PM, said:

And if we're lucky, not at all.

#15 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:26 PM

View PostMorashtak, on 08 March 2012 - 01:05 PM, said:

Ehm...I guess the Royal Guard wasn't mentioned for nothing. :P

#16 Namwons

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 546 posts
  • LocationFactory, Solaris VII

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:29 PM

Salvage you say?

#17 Gunslinger2

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationFt Worth TX

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:29 PM

Key word in that whole statement...... Salvage!
lets just hope it's in the game somewhere.

Guns

#18 Valdor Constantine

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 157 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:31 PM

SKILL>LOSTECH

#19 Darkhammer

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 26 posts
  • LocationDo not look, I am behind you.

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:32 PM

One day I will get some of this lost tech. It could just be a peace of armor plate i melt unto me Mech but hey if it me lost tech it be lost tech.

#20 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,456 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:47 PM

"keep that tri-vid sound down, will ya!?" a voice came from the disambled Gray Death Marauder in mechhangar bay 4.
The bright floodlights desperately tried to give the oil-smeered mechwarrior inside of the mech's torso enough light to work on the internal systems.
"aw, come on Reno. Let them have their fun on the radio and we have our fun with the ****** tech to fix with the new shiny stuff." the second voice answered from the other side.
"we will see, how many years i have to work on one tiny part to fix that damn thing and show these annoying radio geeks what it means to own a lostech upgraded Battlemech!" both of them laughed.
"you wanna do a bet on how many years?" Reno rose his arm outside the mech and showed the other the middle finger as answer.
"remind me, when i catch up to you with my mech-kill-count and get us some more salvage from the house units which try to stand against the Legion!"
"I will, buddy. I will."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users