So, how many female pilots are out there?

168 replies to this topic

#101 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:40 PM

View PostBluey, on 11 March 2012 - 12:33 PM, said:

She is 47 years old oi

I'm 47 years old *SMACK*

#102 Skadi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:41 PM

Posted Image
Disclaimer: I am not a female for posting in this thread.

#103 Chrystoph

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:06 PM

View PostSkadi, on 15 August 2012 - 11:41 PM, said:

Posted Image
Disclaimer: I am not a female for posting in this thread.

Obviously...

#104 ChaosGrinder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 881 posts
  • LocationNew Eden

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:30 AM

*Waves*

uh, why are you all so old :P I´m 15 :S
Is it just me or has my generation lost it´s sense for good games ? :/

#105 Phii Phy Pho Phum

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 261 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:42 AM

I'm not sure if she'll see this thread but my right hand in recruitment for the Dirt Nap Squad is Valen. She's an excellent pilot both in mechwarrior and EvE Online.

#106 Elessar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,100 posts
  • LocationHesperus II

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:50 AM

Well, would be a pity if there weren´t any female pilots, considering such role models as Natascha Kerensky or Katrina Steiner (with which I mean the true Katrina Steiner of course, not her mother murdering granddaughter Katherine :P )

#107 Arkhell

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 79 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:17 AM

I'm planning on buying a new computer somewere later this year ( if the funds allow it that is..) and then use my old one (still pretty much capable of running this game without to much hassle) to ambush my girlfriend into playing this game.

so basicly wish me luck with that and i'll get you another female mech pilot :P

#108 Chrystoph

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:39 PM

View PostChaosGrinder, on 17 August 2012 - 05:30 AM, said:

*Waves*

uh, why are you all so old :D I´m 15 :S
Is it just me or has my generation lost it´s sense for good games ? :/

Welcome to the jungle.

I suppose as far as this game goes, it was a dead franchise, especially when FASA went out of business. For the others, I think there are actually too many games on the market these days. Hard to consolidate when EVERY venue has at least 2 or 3 competitors.

#109 Hope2

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Georgia

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:17 AM

~Raises hand I do believe those are boobies under my shirt~ :)

#110 Ramblin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:06 AM

So... about that sammich?

Posted Image

Just kidding... of course... im sorry... I love you?

Edited by Ramblin, 18 August 2012 - 04:09 AM.

#111 Salixthedead

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:22 AM

Awesome!

#112 Voridan Atreides

• 2,149 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSittin on Turn 3 at Elkhart watchin the Corvettes roar by....I wish. (Stockholm, WI, USA)

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:22 AM

As always they are usually all 50 year old men....

#113 xxx WreckinBallRaj xxx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:13 AM

Nice to see females on this genre but I doubt we will see many of them on this game come release unless Piranha sells pink skins at the store or allows you to hang a stuffed bunny in your cockpit. This type of customization is entirely what sells a game for most female players. It's the main reason why they like MMOs instead of shooters. MMOs allow you to open pick a gender, shooters force male. This game doesn't really have gender since you're in a Mech, but there is still your pilot that might be visible at some point and the color/style of the skins. Sure, in the logical sense of the world's universe, you wouldn't see a pilot in a hotpink Mech skin with hello kitty logos, but in the real world almost no girl will want to play this game if they can't do exactly that. I hope they correct this injustice when the cash shop is released and whenever pilot avatars/characters come into play.

View PostArkhell, on 17 August 2012 - 06:17 AM, said:

I'm planning on buying a new computer somewere later this year ( if the funds allow it that is..) and then use my old one (still pretty much capable of running this game without to much hassle) to ambush my girlfriend into playing this game.

so basicly wish me luck with that and i'll get you another female mech pilot :)

Just get her to roll a bunny ear Catapult and shoot missiles at everyone. She'll feel safe with a huge Atlas in front of her.

#114 Chrystoph

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:24 AM

View PostBluten, on 18 August 2012 - 06:13 AM, said:

MMOs allow you to open pick a gender, shooters force male. This game doesn't really have gender since you're in a Mech, but there is still your pilot that might be visible at some point and the color/style of the skins. Sure, in the logical sense of the world's universe, you wouldn't see a pilot in a hotpink Mech skin with hello kitty logos, but in the real world almost no girl will want to play this game if they can't do exactly that. I hope they correct this injustice when the cash shop is released and whenever pilot avatars/characters come into play.

Just get her to roll a bunny ear Catapult and shoot missiles at everyone. She'll feel safe with a huge Atlas in front of her.

What utter hooie!

Shooters have have had female skins since Quake 2 and *shudder* Lara Croft. Combat Arms, a current FPS, has an entire female line of characters. They may be semi-naked gun bunnies, but they ARE there.

Second, your gender bias, whether meant as a joke or serious, is thoroughly out of place. Your attitude, in the real world, borders on getting you into legal trouble as sexual harassment.

My wife, who plays the Gunner (heavy in Mech terms) of our household team for Battlefield Heroes, had comments about you that I cannot print in this venue.

Remember, perception is at least as important as intent, and the perception you encourage is not a positive one.

#115 Mr D One

• Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationMmmmmm yes

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:28 AM

hmmmmmm dunno about that. If mechwarrior remains trueish to its roots where looking after the mech and strategy and teamwork are key.

Here on site when we service the big trucks, the female operators machines seem to be treated a bit better and seem to require less maintenance.

I know they are not mechs but if this is the mechwarrior piranha is aiming for (and I hope it is) then the female mechwarriors could do well.

Edited by Dar1ng One, 18 August 2012 - 06:30 AM.

#116 Glory in the Highest

• WC 2017 Participant
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:19 AM

<stares balefully at the internet>

<presses X on the internet>

#117 Elessar

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,100 posts
  • LocationHesperus II

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:29 AM

One has to admit that it would be a funny sight ...
a pink Hello Kitty - Atlas, standing above the smoking wrecks of Atlases in normal Camo Paint,
which were piloted by male Players who underestimated said female pilot, because of the way she had painted her mech ;)

#118 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:39 AM

Well, to all the ladies out there, at one point in my younger days (I'm 41 now) I might have had a virtual raising like these youngsters and immature oldsters do, but now I'm just happy that you're all part of the community; welcome, and let's play ball.

#119 Hawks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationFalling Outside The Normal Moral Constraints

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:44 AM

One of the coolest things about the Battletech universe is that the women in it are often just as badass as the men - if not more so. Hopefully this will be reflected in the MWO player base.

#120 Elessar

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,100 posts
  • LocationHesperus II

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:50 AM

View PostHawks, on 18 August 2012 - 09:44 AM, said:

One of the coolest things about the Battletech universe is that the women in it are often just as badass as the men - if not more so. Hopefully this will be reflected in the MWO player base.

Aye...
noone would like to face Natasha Kerensky, the black widow, in her Marauder (at least not in a 1:1 situation) ;)

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users