114 replies to this topic

#81 Legionn

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:21 PM

View Postzer0imh, on 12 October 2012 - 01:23 PM, said:

perfection :)

Posted Image

I am very partial to the original design. It projects an aura of sophistication with the overall rounded corners and edges and yet adds an elemental aspect of visual aggression with all of its non-90 degree interior angles.

#82 1stBEAST

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:54 PM

@apocalips07: it looks better and better :-)
if there will be any kind of vote or poll reagarding the design of the timberwolf to implement in MWO i will vote for your design

Edited by 1stBEAST, 18 October 2012 - 01:51 AM.

#83 NyxOOX

• PipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 46 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:07 AM

Lack of activity in this thread lately, can't wait for the next pic!

#84 Apocalips07

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 65 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:16 PM

View PostNyxOOX, on 21 October 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

Lack of activity in this thread lately, can't wait for the next pic!

Sorry for the inactivity I haven't been online since Thursday, but I plan to post new pictures up tomorrow.

#85 Apocalips07

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 65 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:47 PM

Posted ImageI've been putting off the legs because I was didn't like some elements of their design, but I should have worked most of those out and will start shading them soon.

Edited by Apocalips07, 25 October 2012 - 08:47 PM.

#86 Aegis Fate

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:51 PM

Critique: The LRM are facing too far to the right, the gun arm being a perfect example of a forward facing weapon. Still beautiful work, but those LRMs :P

#87 Sean Ward

• PipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 37 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:19 PM

Very nice work man. I really like it. I personally like the Timber Wolf original better but this is a very nice reimagining.

If I could bring in a two bits of constructive criticism one would be to not forget the scale of the mech. With the cockpit as big as it is this would make the mech as big as the commando or have such a huge window it would be crazy. I do like the window but its just a bit big for a 75 tonner in my opinion.

The other is about the missile bays. they do look a bit off in that they are pointing to port (the left of the mech) maybe you could fix this a bit by not making the top and the bottom of the pod parallel (like the starbord pod) and maybe tilt the face of the pods back to match the body of the pods?

I hope this helps but definatly keep going because its awesome. I really like it :)

#88 Imagine Dragons

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,324 posts
  • LocationLV-223

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:44 PM

Mmm...
Both versions look pretty... They should use both... The rounded one as the madcat and the angular one as the DCMS's mad cat copy.

#89 Apocalips07

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:33 PM

View PostSean Ward, on 23 October 2012 - 12:19 PM, said:

Very nice work man. I really like it. I personally like the Timber Wolf original better but this is a very nice reimagining.

If I could bring in a two bits of constructive criticism one would be to not forget the scale of the mech. With the cockpit as big as it is this would make the mech as big as the commando or have such a huge window it would be crazy. I do like the window but its just a bit big for a 75 tonner in my opinion.

The other is about the missile bays. they do look a bit off in that they are pointing to port (the left of the mech) maybe you could fix this a bit by not making the top and the bottom of the pod parallel (like the starbord pod) and maybe tilt the face of the pods back to match the body of the pods?

I hope this helps but definatly keep going because its awesome. I really like it :blink:

Thanks Bud. Yes the LRMs still need work and you are right the windows are huge. thew windows on the original blueprints are really big as well, but that's no excuse. I might be able to pass it off as a Mad Cat MkIII the Medium version or just say the pilot has a really good field of view. I will try re-sizing them though, but may just leave them alone if I don't have time to get them to look right. I'm getting anxious about finishing this project, but I don't want to rush things either.

#90 Apocalips07

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 65 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:45 AM

Latest update, still messing around with the launchers, and an Owens I whipped up while taking a break.Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Apocalips07, 25 October 2012 - 08:47 PM.

#91 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:56 AM

If there is one thing battletech can take from gundam, it would be to get rid of the glass/transparent armour around the pilot, and put the cockpit behind a big ol' slab of metal and use monitors to look outside. Tanks don't use a windshield for a reason.

#92 Imagine Dragons

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,324 posts
  • LocationLV-223

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:49 PM

That wasn't glass, those were monitors.

Never saw an Owens with that type of head... looks neat.

Edited by XenomorphZZ, 24 October 2012 - 02:50 PM.

#93 Apocalips07

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 65 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:20 PM

The latest progress until Monday, probably. more work on the leg, and added some fluff to the paint job, it may stay or it may get changed but I think it works for now.
Posted Image

#94 1stBEAST

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:36 AM

nice one.
i just want three of them on prime, on with my initials in the plate and one without the roof :-D
keep it up.

EDIT: i think a gold/orange tone for the windows will look a bit better than the green one, buts your choice

Edited by 1stBEAST, 29 October 2012 - 06:42 AM.

#95 The Blazer of Lasers

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 80 posts
  • LocationIn a peaceful meadow on terra pondering the meaning of flamers.

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:48 PM

I have been following this thread for a long time. Good Job. The re-angling of the lrms is a huge improvement. like the way the legs are coming along too. Keep going. :blink:

#96 Apocalips07

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 65 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:51 PM

Yay the forums are back up!
Posted ImageTrying out the orange windows. I still need to tweak the stance and that one toe other wise things are coming along nicely.

#97 NyxOOX

• PipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 46 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:17 PM

The right leg overlaps the left gun pod a bit. You might want to fix that.

#98 ChapeL

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:04 PM

I haven't read the whole thread but I am going to say the first thing that came to mind when I saw your first drawing : "That's a Rakshasa"

http://www.sarna.net...5u_Rakshasa.jpg

I think it's the way you redesigned the shoulder. Still it's a nice concept for a difficult job. A Classic is hard to re-imagine.

#99 Apocalips07

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 65 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:25 AM

Almost done.
Posted Image

#100 D R E A D N A U G H T

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder