Any old Battletech MUD players out there?

125 replies to this topic

#41 RSharpe

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 27 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:57 AM

View PostRand 3065MUX, on 12 June 2012 - 06:51 PM, said:

BOG!

Mermak's wife was probably the only real chick ...

... everybody wingchun tonight ...

BOG! Oh the memories. I remember Rand and Mermak well. Is merm still around somewhere? I also remember an obnoxious guy called doo that I used to have a blast with on 3065.

Vincent_Vega (slot)

#42 Cardosis

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 13 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:29 AM

Oh yeah... 3056 (see my sig). :) Helped build parts of that world... boy, that was a long time ago.

#43 Hunson Abadeer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 183 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:42 AM

I played Frontier Lands long ago (can't even remember my handle).

#44 Bogart Vaperson

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:18 PM

Played almost exclusively RS MUXs. Some memories of Pendo(OTL) and Ching(PHX) in the strikemunch squads. Back when trolling meant hiding in water with EM sensors at a bridge. Van (masterful with an ARC) showed me what effective cover/range padding plus LRMs can do. Rommel loved his Stalkers. I was pretty crappy at it but that's one way to improve your typing and reading speed.

Plus ASCII skulls and mushrooms.

Why are all you guys turning up in here anyway? :P

#45 Girochen

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:26 PM

I used to play for FWL on 3056. Was Selim Malas for a while. Other than that, I was Z_Guillotine.

#46 Ryubane

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:13 PM

I was also played on Kesmai Online still use the same handle to this day.

Still using the same handle there as I am here.. Hoping to catch those same ole folks eons ago..

#47 Douglas Ross

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:52 AM

Hi. :rolleyes:
Another Kurita player from the MU*s of the mid-90s.
Same name then as now.

Takashi, your name rings a bell. I think you were my lance leader back then.

#48 flyn taggart

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:20 AM

you guys are all talking about the game on scean, juat how far back did you want to go tam? i've still have all my stuff form the table top game not the one with the tape but the one with hexs on the map sheets and your mech had to be painted, but i also played the video. :rolleyes:

#49 Midnite Kage

Rookie

• Point Commander
  • Point Commander
  • 5 posts
  • LocationMidwest, USA

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:16 PM

I was in the 12th Vegan Rangers on 3056; also played on 3025 though cannot recall what faction I was in then. The only experience I have with graphical b'tech was in a simulator in southern CA back in the mid-90's.

#50 ZeuS MPBT

• PipPip
  • Kashira
  • Kashira
  • 39 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:21 PM

zomg, was there a BT mud? oO i wish i could know that 20 y ago ^^

#51 nimrodusmaximus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:29 PM

View PostAlexandr Britten, on 17 November 2011 - 03:41 PM, said:

I played a bunch of different BTech MU's/MOO's in the 90's in college and some after 1996. Usually went by Alexandr Britten (MRX)... played Clan Nova Cat on BTech 3056. I played a bunch of other names after college, but usually used the alias MRX. I wish I could find others who played those early telnet text games. nimrod, Darkhosis, gigglecow... where are you?

I am one of the above named :D i wanted my old name, but someone beat me to it:( Nice too see all these old btech players!

#52 Samual Sneede

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:31 PM

View PostZeuS MPBT, on 30 July 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

zomg, was there a BT mud? oO i wish i could know that 20 y ago ^^

Not mud, but MUSE/MUSH/MUX's that are (or I should say were) environments with realtime conversions to tabletop rules. Nice big ASCII hexagon maps with objectives for forces to fight over to get money and build more mechs and repair what was damaged in the fighting :D

This is a small window into what it looked like:

Posted Image

#53 D0GGY W0GGY

• Pip
  • The Dreadnought
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:20 PM

All we need now are LW, Foxy, VP'z mom, AoD and robo and this 3065 party is complete.

#54 Tam Wolfcry

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 77 posts
  • LocationPortland

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:52 AM

***** It was BT 3034 that I spent all of my time on. I remember going over to '56 when Bryant shut down, but that was at the end of my college career and I never really got into it. I've been doing BT for almost as long as it has been out. I have the original BT box set still. I didn't get into it when it was called BattleDroids.

***** Tam

#55 Shuyen

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 84 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:23 PM

Another old timer...I actually got here (to this site) on a random wild hair search for Battletech MUSE. :P

I was on 3025, 3034, 3056 and Solaris, played with House Kurita and Clan Wolf as either Marlon (or Marlon VonHimmelburg) and Shuyen. For some weird reason when I played an IS faction I specialized in small, fast, hit and run tanks. They took a crap ton of skill to pilot in those games. The slightest bit of lag and you'd slam your Pegasus into impassible terrain or a building. With Clan Wolf it was all light, fast, jump capable recon and strike mechs.

Man, that was a ton of fun. I'd love to play again if someone brought one of 'em back up online. Good times!

Peace,
- E

P.S. Mermak!!!! Man! I was in a faction with him. What a great dude...

Edited by Shuyen, 07 August 2012 - 01:25 PM.

#56 Shuyen

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 84 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:31 PM

View PostJake Simmons, on 20 June 2012 - 10:35 PM, said:

LAF BOG.

I wasted tons of time on 3056/4001, then something happened where it went **** up.

I did have fun playing on mccool.cbi.msstate.edu 4001, the 4001 MUX was the bestus. It was just about RS.

There were a few others after 4001 blew up. I think we were on a RS with Dave called 3036, then a few others.

Used to pal around with Armistead, Rakshasa, Taram, Frutius_Ceasar.

Hosis, Sin, and the Genocide crew were always fun to play with too, they would always annoy the folks who took the game way too seriously.

heh.

RS was easily one of the most incredible and entertaining things I've done in a real time, multiuser online game. Man! I haven't thought about that stuff in forever!

#57 Shuyen

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 84 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:35 PM

View PostTakashi Fuchida, on 02 November 2011 - 01:36 PM, said:

I have played all the variations of the BTech muds since the 90's myself.
My Callsign/Name has always been Takashi Fuchida, unless i was in a clan then it was dependant on base bloodname for the lastname etc "Takashi Ward"

Wassup, Takashi-san? It's been a long *** time, man.

Edited by Shuyen, 07 August 2012 - 01:40 PM.

#58 Jayson McKenna

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:47 PM

View PostRSharpe, on 25 June 2012 - 07:57 AM, said:

BOG! Oh the memories. I remember Rand and Mermak well. Is merm still around somewhere? I also remember an obnoxious guy called doo that I used to have a blast with on 3065.

Vincent_Vega (slot)

Whatever portion of my brain is left post-college distinctly remembers the craziness of Doo. Sadly this was before I ever thought to take screenshots or the like, but he definitely was the resident Internet Weirdo before forums made them commonplace :)

#59 Deathstroke

• Pip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 12 posts
  • LocationWashington D.C.

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:22 AM

View Postdeputydog, on 24 May 2012 - 05:10 AM, said:

Good to see all the old Muse/Mux players coming back. I played for years and years.. Even tried a little Mux play late last year with the new graphical clients. Got my start with House Kurita on 3056 so I figure I will gravitate towards them again.
You may remember me best from 3065 along with my friend Garet Jax who I will drag kicking and screaming to play this game if it is any good.

You literally taught me how to play on 3065. I was a little unrememberable nobody who favored the Firefly (yes, the newbie mech) and the ANH. gord and goat were the aliases I went by. I think you hooked me up on one of the other MUX at one time. But still, I remember you specifically for showing me the ropes on 3065.

#60 Gram Langlow

Rookie

• Overlord
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:44 PM

Wow, I see a whole lot of names that are very familiar in this thread. I played a whole lot of 3030 some 3065 and messed around on a few other servers back in the late 90's. It was a lot of fun and from time to time I miss RS, even with the 3 hours of boredom for a 30 minute fight. But boy some of those fights were fun.

Gram Langlow (gl) here just giving a shout out to all of you who used to play 3030.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users