Facebook poll: Which of the listed 65 ton 'Mechs would you most like to use?

169 replies to this topic

#81 FrOdO

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:16 PM

Why not just start a poll in the forums as well? To see where our heads are at as well as all of those on the Facebook.

Edited by FrOdO, 13 March 2012 - 05:17 PM.

#82 Helvetica

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:17 PM

I've always felt that melee weapons looking stupid on mechs and i stand by it. There is a reason it's never went into a mech game before. JagerMech +1 as i would rather see that than the god awful urbanmech and it will act as a pacifier for that crowd.

#83 Nataku

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:27 PM

Jagermech hands down.

#84 80sGlamRockSensation David Bowie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:43 PM

I really cannot understand why so many people want the Axeman. If you want an AC/20 pick either a 'mech that can take a bigger beating (Atlas) or one with more speed (Hunchback). Even if melee is even in the game, can you honestly see yourself running at a lance of coordinated 'mechs and even get a swing off before you're turned into fodder? No, will never happen. Smart players will keep their distance and laugh at you and your horrible 'mech decision. But then again, I do love getting free kills... maybe you'd stand a chance in Urban Combat. Until then, its a waste of tonnage and looks completely asinine.

As for the Bombardier, the Catapult already has this role and is better at it. Plus, it doesn't look nearly as good. As many others have said rather just have an Archer or Catapult.

The Jaggermech on the other hand would fill a role that we don't have yet. Long range fire support with a LOT of autocannons.

Jaggermech all the way.

#85 B a t s

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationMichigan, United States

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:45 PM

Crusader & Jagermech

#86 Karyudo ds

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,706 posts
  • LocationChaos March

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:54 PM

View Postmwhighlander, on 13 March 2012 - 05:43 PM, said:

I really cannot understand why so many people want the Axeman. If you want an AC/20 pick either a 'mech that can take a bigger beating (Atlas) or one with more speed (Hunchback). Even if melee is even in the game, can you honestly see yourself running at a lance of coordinated 'mechs and even get a swing off before you're turned into fodder? No, will never happen. Smart players will keep their distance and laugh at you and your horrible 'mech decision. But then again, I do love getting free kills... maybe you'd stand a chance in Urban Combat. Until then, its a waste of tonnage and looks completely asinine.

You cannot understand it? Not one bit? These posts are hilarious "it'd only be useful if we had melee" as if they would put it in just to carry the hatchet and not swing it right? That's just stupid unless they used the one with the gunpod.

OF COURSE MELEE WOULD BE IN IF THEY INCLUDED IT

Though to answer your question no, I wouldn't go running at a lance, I would be peppering you with LRMs and most of the time. There were other variants. I mean you can argue about whether they or any other mech period is useful all day long ;)

That said I painted an Axman picture in hopes of them including a poormans Rifleman- Er... wait. :P I'd vote Axman just to finally see a Mechwarrior half knowledge Battletech's existance, useful or not.

View PostGremlich Johns, on 13 March 2012 - 04:57 PM, said:

Getting the axe to actually work in this game (or any game, frankly) would be a real bother to code.

FPS's have been doing it since they began existing... so no it wouldn't be a real bother really, at least not more of a bother than any other code.

Edited by Karyudo-ds, 13 March 2012 - 05:57 PM.

#87 Caballo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 416 posts
  • Location"Mechs are mobile war machines. You're either moving, or you're dead"

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:03 PM

View Postmwhighlander, on 13 March 2012 - 05:43 PM, said:

As for the Bombardier, the Catapult already has this role and is better at it. Plus, it doesn't look nearly as good. As many others have said rather just have an Archer or Catapult.

The Jaggermech on the other hand would fill a role that we don't have yet. Long range fire support with a LOT of autocannons.

Jaggermech all the way.

nice... nice... well, i really cannot understand why you come that way if you already read the first post on the topic. There are three mechs to pick. No Fatlass, no hunchie, no catapult, no archer...

also, I respect your "tactical" playing, but i am on the side of the grunts: i am the guy who goes covered by his support buddies (if you noticed, the word itself implies you are supporting something) and get the job done, and from the three mechs offered, i, for example, consider the Axman is the better mech i can pick to do the job, because of the massive damage deal in short distances.

Plus, i guess you are not thinking i'm going to let you hit me with those lrms on your catapult, at least until i make you chop suey with my AC20. I'll use cover, i'll shut my radar off, i'll use any ECM avaliable, I'll tell one of my buddies: "Hey mate, can you keep that catapult busy with that gauss you wear while i get there and rip his arms off?" and then cut you to pieces, while you try to hit me with some unarmed long range missiles.

No offense, but yours is not the only way to move in the battlefield.

<S>

Edited by Caballo, 13 March 2012 - 06:09 PM.

#88 Felix Dante

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 400 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:13 PM

I love the 65 Ton range, but these choices...ehhh. :lol:
If I had to pick:

1. Axeman :ph34r:
2. Jagermech ;)
3. Bombardier :P

#89 Sinitron

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • LocationDjevelens Bakende Kanal

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:14 PM

This is a pretty hard choice. The Axman is badass, but the Jagermech is pretty hardcore too. Both are lovely, but I think I'll show the Jagermech some love this time around.

#90 Dlardrageth

• 1,198 posts
  • LocationF.R.G.

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:18 PM

Axeman.

Gotta love that "IN YOUR FACE!" menacing look of its axe/hatchet. ;)

Edited by Dlardrageth, 13 March 2012 - 06:19 PM.

#91 Randal Waide

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 217 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:38 PM

Well, Axeman has an Axe, but since that won't be in game in the beginning, Crusader is out and I don't really care for the other choices, I'd like an Exterminator. That being said, I'll bet the Jager shows up before any of those.

#92 Man From AUNTIE

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationWA state

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:52 PM

I chose the Axeman over the JagerMech. I want the AXM-2N though until melee is added.

#93 Big Bad Werewolf

• Pip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:11 PM

It's all about the Ax, nothing like getting up in someones face and ruining their day. Plus we have been waiting for too long for a Mechwarrior game that actualy incorporates melee attacks. God knows I've been wnating to punch someone with an Atlas forever.

#94 Ian MacLeary

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationChiron Beta Prime

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:49 PM

'Cause I'm the Axman, yeeaahh, I'm the Axman
And you're running from no-one else but me

#95 ethnic minority

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:55 PM

I'm conflicted... Axman offers something different, but Jagermech offers nothing but blissful autocannon love. Gonna have to go with the Jagermech. It just looks like a rustic war machine that's seen better days.

#96 Jeager51

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • 120 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:09 PM

Axeman.
Unless of course there is no Melee. Then have to take the Jagermech. Just do not like the Bombardier, its like someone went to the Generic Isle in the supermarket and grabbed the box labled "Support Mech".

#97 Kid Weeb

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationDundalk, MD

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:10 PM

The Jagermech, JM6-DD.

#98 80sGlamRockSensation David Bowie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:59 PM

View PostCaballo, on 13 March 2012 - 06:03 PM, said:

nice... nice... well, i really cannot understand why you come that way if you already read the first post on the topic. There are three mechs to pick. No Fatlass, no hunchie, no catapult, no archer...

also, I respect your "tactical" playing, but i am on the side of the grunts: i am the guy who goes covered by his support buddies (if you noticed, the word itself implies you are supporting something) and get the job done, and from the three mechs offered, i, for example, consider the Axman is the better mech i can pick to do the job, because of the massive damage deal in short distances.

Plus, i guess you are not thinking i'm going to let you hit me with those lrms on your catapult, at least until i make you chop suey with my AC20. I'll use cover, i'll shut my radar off, i'll use any ECM avaliable, I'll tell one of my buddies: "Hey mate, can you keep that catapult busy with that gauss you wear while i get there and rip his arms off?" and then cut you to pieces, while you try to hit me with some unarmed long range missiles.

No offense, but yours is not the only way to move in the battlefield.

<S>

Ok, good reasoning, but here's another downside of melee: It by nature implies point blank and usually limited movement while making that swing to "chop" my or any other 'mech to pieces. In doing so you both become an easier target while if you're in front of your buddies leading the charge you have now effectively blocked the LoS for anyone directly behind you. Again, even if they include melee (weapons, *shudder*) into this title which I doubt.

But Hell I'm not stopping people from picking melee at this point. By all means take the axe/sword/giant pipe into battle with you! I'd rather have my enemy bring a knife to a gun fight. I can debate this all day and say how "wrong" you are, but I'll never tell you to "shutup" about it. Everyone has their different opinions, with their own validity.

<S>

Edited by mwhighlander, 13 March 2012 - 10:01 PM.

#99 Karyudo ds

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,706 posts
  • LocationChaos March

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:02 PM

View Postmwhighlander, on 13 March 2012 - 09:59 PM, said:

I'd rather have my enemy bring a knife to a gun fight.

How about a bazooka and a knife? Then you can stick the knife in the bazooka!

#100 80sGlamRockSensation David Bowie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:04 PM

View PostKaryudo-ds, on 13 March 2012 - 10:02 PM, said:

How about a bazooka and a knife? Then you can stick the knife in the bazooka!

We've got ourselves a thinker....

25 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 25 guests, 0 anonymous users