33 replies to this topic

#1 Garth Erlam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:27 PM

Hey Guys and Gals, sorry for the late post but it's a holiday here in Canada, and I needed the morning to finish this up. So anyway, here we go:

Q: Is there any idea when death from above will be implemented? [Atayu]
A: It's already there in it's bare form, but we'll be improving it over time. Can't say exactly when, but it'll be there. [Garth]

Q: Have you ever eaten at the Red Wagon in East Van ??? If so , which do you prefer , pulled pork pancakes or the pork bellies ?? [whiskey tango foxtrot]
A: I haven't, but regardless of eating there the answer is pulled pork sandwiches. [Garth]

Q: Are there any plans to actually knock down trees instead of simply clipping through them? [bunk3rk1ng]
A: It will be added but we do not have a solid date yet. [Garth]

Q: The 55 ton mech you are planing to add will be an IS? [Odanan]
A: We will be adding a 55 ton Inner Sphere Mech at some point, yes. [Garth]

Q: Are there any plans to add penalties to the heat scale before the ultimate shutdown, such as reduced movement speed, reduced weapon accuracy, etc.? [pesco]
A: There has been talk on it but no concrete plans. It'll depend a lot on testing. [Garth]

Q: Is it decided yet if there will be the option to have a changeable Clan-tag attached to your name so we don't have to rename every time we join other units? [RedDragon]
A: I actually answer this question here, but to reiterate - this will not be added until Clan Warfare is 'live'. [Garth]

Q: I still want to know what style crust the PGI team prefers when you guys all order pizza. [Gun Bear]
A: The entire team? No idea. Me? I get 'original' because I am not tolerant of lactose in any form. [Garth]

Q: There have been rumors floating and even a thread made at the suggestion of making the "Somethingawful Goons" the clan forces when they are implemented. Is this the case? [Shibas]
A: No, that is not the case. A goon told you that, didn't they? [Garth]

Q: Can you tell us what a "Hero Mech" will be? [Redshift2k5]
A: We'll answer this in a future post. [Garth]

Q: Is it possible to make a head shot at a mech if you are at his back? (of course only if his head/cockpit is high enough so that you can see it?) [Nash]
A: Yes - I've done this to Catapults while in a Jenner. Jump jet over top, fire down, headshot. [Garth]

Q: Since we've all seen the picture, and the NDA is gone, can you guys comment on what Highlander variants might be added? [Norris J Packard]
A: I can only confirm the HGN 732, sadly. [Garth]

Q: will you add some life to the maps (driving cars..wind that effect trees, random rain, maybe some airplanes chasing each other in the air? maybe sounds of mg and artilleryfire from far away? and so on)? [Virisken]
A: We actually already have this - if you look in the background of River City, you can see and hear machine gun fire as well as explosions. So, yes. [Garth]

Q: Why did the Urbanmech cross the road? [AC Rimak]
A: To get to the curb for pickup? [Garth]

Q: Will there be changing weather condtions? For example, On the ice map you can occasionally have blizzards or on the forest a heavy rainstorm...etc...caustic map has acid rain... [Bakra]
A: There already are! In Frozen City, there are occasional blizzards that blow through, making it really tough to see. [Garth]

Thanks for tuning in, everyone! We hope you had a great weekend, and for you Canadians - Happy Thanksgiving!

Cheers,
The MechWarrior Online Team

#2 zer0imh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 581 posts
  • LocationFomalhaut

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:32 PM

good questions, good answers. ^_^

#3 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:35 PM

Thanks for the answers, Garth- not a lot of meaty answers but there weren't many critical questions, either.

If you absolutely must tell us "We'll answer this in the future" some hint of when would be appreciated. The Hero Mech thing is causing a lot of head-scratching and people are hungry for a definitive answer ^_^

#4 Drakeblade

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 89 posts
  • LocationOver dur

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:35 PM

Thanks again for the some Answers, to bad the drop of the NDA dosn't mean you have to divulge all your secrets
Also, I believe to the last question he ment Will you be adding more effects to the maps that are already in.

Edited by Drakeblade, 08 October 2012 - 01:38 PM.

#5 Aym

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:40 PM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 08 October 2012 - 01:35 PM, said:

Thanks for the answers, Garth- not a lot of meaty answers but there weren't many critical questions, either.

I'd consider the trial mech-grind vs. 1 starter mech to be a meaty question that could have been answered...

#6 Nacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 661 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:41 PM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 08 October 2012 - 01:27 PM, said:

Q: Will there be changing weather condtions? For example, On the ice map you can occasionally have blizzards or on the forest a heavy rainstorm...etc...caustic map has acid rain... [Bakra]
A: There already are! In Frozen City, there are occasional blizzards that blow through, making it really tough to see. [Garth]

I think he was hoping something little more than just Frozen City's blizzard.

#7 Adrienne Vorton

• 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:42 PM

Q: will you add some life to the maps (driving cars..wind that effect trees, random rain, maybe some airplanes chasing each other in the air? maybe sounds of mg and artilleryfire from far away? and so on)? [Virisken]
A: We actually already have this - if you look in the background of River City, you can see and hear machine gun fire as well as explosions. So, yes. [Garth]

didn´t you realize the aerospace fighters? when i first saw them i was like "oh a bird...a big bird...a fast b...damn, it´s a plane!!!" cool stuff:)

#8 QuantumStorm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 148 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:42 PM

I don't want to complain as I appreciate that you take time during the week to do these Q&A's.

That being said I would appreciate that you would take a few of the more "Hardball" questions head on. I know by not answering them you keep the forum crying to speculation. But sometimes like the Gauss Rifle or Gaussapult issues it would be nice to have a definite answer, and the losers be damned. the level of forum volume over some of these issues is already at ridiculous levels and addressing them isn't going to make it any worse.

#9 Fonix

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:12 PM

what types of game modes will we be seeing in the future, and when will they be added to the game?

#10 pesco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:17 PM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 08 October 2012 - 01:35 PM, said:

The Hero Mech thing is causing a lot of head-scratching and people are hungry for a definitive answer ^_^

Am I the only one who thinks it is obvious that what is meant by "Hero Mech" is a named variant known from the fluff, such as the CPLT-C1 Jenny "Butterbee"? This idea came up in the tweetchat with Russ a while back.

#11 Atayu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 815 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:24 PM

Q: Is there any idea when death from above will be implemented? [Atayu]
A: It's already there in it's bare form, but we'll be improving it over time. Can't say exactly when, but it'll be there. [Garth]

Right now If you land on a jenners cockpit with a catapult it hurts the catapults legs and they both fall down dose no to minimal damage to jenner. Landing on a atlas with a catapult means your catapult is taking leg damage and falling and 5- percent of the time the atlas will take no damage and get to shoot you while you are on the ground. If it is in there it needs a major major rework as the mech that should smash the other is the one taking more damage at this point.

#12 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:24 PM

View Postpesco, on 08 October 2012 - 02:17 PM, said:

Am I the only one who thinks it is obvious that what is meant by "Hero Mech" is a named variant known from the fluff, such as the CPLT-C1 Jenny "Butterbee"? This idea came up in the tweetchat with Russ a while back.

No, you're not the only one. but it still leaves many unanswered questions even if that is the case- If it is CPLT-C1 Butterbee, it is a C1 with +2 missile hardpoints. That leaves the regular C1 obsolete; why would anyone ever buy a C1 ever again? does the hero mech cost money, or only C-bills? how do you reconcile the canon mech (which is a single specimen) versus thousands of players having one? It's nto clear the hero mech is a fancy named variant, but if it is, that still leaves us with questions, and there are other possibilities for what a hero mech may be.

#13 pesco

• 1,008 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:32 PM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 08 October 2012 - 02:24 PM, said:

No, you're not the only one. but it still leaves many unanswered questions even if that is the case- If it is CPLT-C1 Butterbee, it is a C1 with +2 missile hardpoints. That leaves the regular C1 obsolete; why would anyone ever buy a C1 ever again? does the hero mech cost money, or only C-bills? how do you reconcile the canon mech (which is a single specimen) versus thousands of players having one? It's nto clear the hero mech is a fancy named variant, but if it is, that still leaves us with questions, and there are other possibilities for what a hero mech may be.

I see, you are correct, these are the interesting questions. Well, we shall soon find out... (and rage about it appropriately, I'm sure).

#14 Kenjiro Takeda

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 57 posts
  • LocationSugar Hill, GA

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:30 PM

Q: Is it decided yet if there will be the option to have a changeable Clan-tag attached to your name so we don't have to rename every time we join other units? [RedDragon]
A: I actually answer this question here, but to reiterate - this will not be added until Clan Warfare is 'live'. [Garth]

@Garth: Uh...what "here" are you referring to? Was there supposed to be a link "here?"
@RedDragon: According to a couple of posts (227401 and 227523)by PGI Creative Director Bryan Ekman, the Clans, once released upon our poor, unsuspecting Inner Sphere, as well as mercenary companies will be treated in the same manner as the existing House Factions once Community Warfare is implemented(still a long ways down the road). This means that when a player swears allegiance to a House Faction or Clan (dev/CSR controlled) or joins a Mercenary Company (player organized and controlled) they will have that faction's tag (abbreviation/short name - typically 2 or 3 letters) added as a prefix to their player name. This will be visible both here on the forums as well as in-game, allowing you to more easily know who to blow up in order to earn additional LPs with your own chosen faction. ^_^

Hope this helps!

#15 Kenjiro Takeda

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 57 posts
  • LocationSugar Hill, GA

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:38 PM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 08 October 2012 - 02:24 PM, said:

does the hero mech cost money, or only C-bills?

This question even I can answer...

While purchasing a hero mech may require a certain rank/level with a particular faction or some other such restriction, there will not be a mech which is purchasable by "real money" only...one of the key pillars of PGI's philosophy towards MWO is that there will NEVER be ANY item/mech which is not earnable through traditional, free gameplay. This philosophy is one of the biggest reasons I am a hard-core supporter of what PGI is trying to do here...that and my absolute maniacal devotion to any and all things BattleTech. ^_^

/em gets off of his soapbox and wanders off, muttering incoherently to himself.

Edited by Kenjiro Takeda, 08 October 2012 - 03:38 PM.

#16 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:02 PM

View PostKenjiro Takeda, on 08 October 2012 - 03:38 PM, said:

This question even I can answer...

While purchasing a hero mech may require a certain rank/level with a particular faction or some other such restriction, there will not be a mech which is purchasable by "real money" only...one of the key pillars of PGI's philosophy towards MWO is that there will NEVER be ANY item/mech which is not earnable through traditional, free gameplay. This philosophy is one of the biggest reasons I am a hard-core supporter of what PGI is trying to do here...that and my absolute maniacal devotion to any and all things BattleTech. :)

/em gets off of his soapbox and wanders off, muttering incoherently to himself.

I believe that whatever the Hero Mech is, it will be either:

a. purchaseable with C-bills, or

b. be cosmetic-only/convenience-only and sold for cash (like a Founder Mech)

#17 Kenjiro Takeda

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 57 posts
  • LocationSugar Hill, GA

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:21 PM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 08 October 2012 - 04:02 PM, said:

I believe that whatever the Hero Mech is, it will be either:

a. purchaseable with C-bills, or

b. be cosmetic-only/convenience-only and sold for cash (like a Founder Mech)

AH! My apologies for misunderstanding, then. Those are both excellent possibilities.

#18 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:01 PM

Now that was a good collection of answers. I even got one question in! :)

#19 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:38 PM

Q: Since we've all seen the picture, and the NDA is gone, can you guys comment on what Highlander variants might be added? [Norris J Packard]
A: I can only confirm the HGN 732, sadly. [Garth]

Because there can be only one?

#20 Monsoon

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:55 PM

Q: Is it possible to make a head shot at a mech if you are at his back? (of course only if his head/cockpit is high enough so that you can see it?) [Nash]
A: Yes - I've done this to Catapults while in a Jenner. Jump jet over top, fire down, headshot. [Garth]

I can confirm doing headshots from behind (without Jumpjets) on a couple of different mechs (and yes they're mechs with heads high up - viewable from behind.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users