Discussing the First MWO Developer TweetChat Topics

154 replies to this topic

#1 Aegis Kleais

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:57 PM

It's starting in 5 minutes. Let's use this thread to discuss the points brought up in it. Hopefully we'll see some good things. (Uses the hashtag #mwochat) Seems the chat was earmarked for 30 minutes.
  • No current plans on releasing an SDK/Editor — Bryan
  • No limit on number of Mechs that can be owned. Confirming dozens of variants (24+?) — Russ
  • Mechs are not limited to a house, however their costs can adjust based on your allegiance — Bryan
  • PGI is working to ensure servers available in all major regions. In talks with 3rd parties — Russ
  • Legs cannot be separated from chassis on destruction, but result in Mech limping animation — Bryan
  • Re-confirmation of game max player size being 3 lances (1 company) vs another (24 total players) — Russ
  • PGI understands its players value VOIP but are looking into exploring official options — Russ
  • Multiple monitor support (as well as joysticks) are supported however makes and models are not listed — Bryan
  • PGI currently employs ~40 developers + IGP and other support staff — Bryan
  • Matchmaking will start off simplified but will be developed and evolved over time — Bryan
  • Quad Mechs are not planned for at launch, but they may be added if their technical challenges can be overcome. — Bryan
  • Plans for an Open Beta are (re)confirmed. — Bryan
  • Information about the Beta is coming next week — Russ
  • The game will feature a Quick Zoom Reticule (ala MW3's) but its implementation will be different — Bryan
  • Damage done into a destroyed area will not overflow into nearby areas — Bryan
  • No environmental destruction (outside trees and small props) is planned — Bryan
  • Notable named hero Mechs may be implemented as "premium" content — Russ
  • Matchmaking will limit at launch to basic pairings and evolve to use class, tonnage and a form of BV — Bryan
  • Players get 1 free Mech to start. They can choose from 4 (1 in each class) — Bryan
  • Mech models do a fair amount of visual model change as different weapons are added, and more will happen later in development. — Russ
  • You can group together with friends and then launch as a group to ensure you play alongside each other — Bryan
  • More information on minimum system requirement specs may be released in the next couple of weeks — Russ
  • Internal components can be destroyed. Enemy weapons systems can be taken out — Russ
  • Players will receive triple XP bonuses for killing Mechs in pink and $20 in the mail for killing Paul. — Aegis*
* Might be $20CAD, conversion rates apply**

** This was a joke.

Edited by Aegis Kleaisâ„¢, 16 May 2012 - 03:43 PM.

#2 Kanatta Jing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:12 PM

Bryan Ekman ‏@bryanekman
@TeH_EMaN legs cannot be blown off. However you can do critical damage. The leg becomes useless and the mech limps. #mwochat

Remember "Critical hit hip, critical hit hip"? I do. It always meant I was going to die.

Edit: Hisssss!

And of course someone asks about premium mechs instead of the more information laden "What do you want in the cash shop"

Russ Bullock ‏@russ_bullock
RB - as to all the questions about Beta! Ready? Stay tuned for that info soon ( as in next week ) ;) #mwochat

Squee? Squee!

@QmanGaming RB - I think there are some really neat ideas like notable named hero mechs.#mwochat

Okay, so we might see the Catapult: Butterbee in game.

Edited by Kanatta Jing, 16 May 2012 - 03:33 PM.

#3 Cold3y3s

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 301 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:19 PM

I want the answer about doing Trials of Possession for the last piece of cake.

just a note, I didn't ask the question but I really want the answer.

Edited by Hawk3y394, 16 May 2012 - 05:08 PM.

#4 autogyro

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:19 PM

Good work Aegis, thanks for succinctly posting what has been addressed.

#5 JazzySteel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 304 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationthe crater that used to be Black Mesa, dipping the last Oreo into the last glass of milk.

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:21 PM

Ive left a few questions as well @JazzyCooley

#6 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:22 PM

I'm glad legs cannot be blown off, that is a high realism/low fun sort of option. Legging a mech will still cripple it, so still a viable line of attack and folks will still need to armor their legs ;)

Unclear what happens to the damage if you shoot someone in the leg after the leg has been crippled, though

Thanks a ton Russ and Bryan

Edited by Redshift2k5, 16 May 2012 - 03:44 PM.

#7 JazzySteel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 304 posts
  • Locationthe crater that used to be Black Mesa, dipping the last Oreo into the last glass of milk.

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:23 PM

Russ just said there will be info on the beta Released next week!!!!!

EDIT:
[color=#333333]
Russ Bullock@russ_bullock[/color]
[color=#333333]
RB - as to all the questions about Beta! Ready? Stay tuned for that info soon ( as in next week ) ;) #mwochat[/color]

Edited by JazzySteel, 16 May 2012 - 03:23 PM.

#8 BFett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • LocationA galaxy far far away...

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:28 PM

View PostAegis Kleais™, on 16 May 2012 - 02:57 PM, said:

• Mechs are not limited to a house, however their costs can adjust based on your allegiance — Bryan

Did they mention by how much the prices will vary?

#9 JazzySteel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 304 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:31 PM

View PostBFett, on 16 May 2012 - 03:28 PM, said:

Did they mention by how much the prices will vary?

Fraid not. and with only a few minutes left I dont think we are gonna get that info this round

#10 Qman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationCanberra. Oz

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:32 PM

View PostKanatta Jing, on 16 May 2012 - 03:12 PM, said:

Bryan Ekman ‏@bryanekman

And of course someone asks about premium mechs instead of the more information laden "What do you want in the

Squee? Squee!

Got my answer ;) quote "there are some neat ideas like notable named hero mechs"

#11 Morashtak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:42 PM

One freebie Mech. Going to have to be very serious about what you plan for right off the bat. Thinking man's MW for sure.

#12 Gigaton

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • LocationDieron District Gymnasium, learning to pilot 'Mechs until July

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:44 PM

View PostAegis Kleais™, on 16 May 2012 - 02:57 PM, said:

• Players will receive triple XP bonuses for killing Mechs in pink and $20 in the mail for killing Paul. — Aegis

Awesome! I'm really anticipating this feature.

#13 Joseph Calvert

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 153 posts
  • LocationQC, Arizona

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:44 PM

Aegis, awesome job keeping up with the tweets! And awesome new and info from Brian and Russ! ;)

#14 Aegis Kleais

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:45 PM

Thanks guys. Glad to help. And IF BRYAN AND RUSS CAN GET OFF THEIR TWITTER SEATS AND GET THEIR HEADS BACK IN THESE FORUMS I want to say "Thanks" to those two rapscallions as well. ;)

#15 Cold3y3s

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 301 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:46 PM

I believe that is the largest and most varied chunk of info yet, it makes me even more excited.

#16 Joe Mallad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:54 PM

OK Im confused here...

Re-confirmation of game max player size being 3 lances (1 company) vs another (24 total players) — Russ

Are they saying a game can be 12 vs 12 vs 12? As in 3 factions can play each other at the same time?

1 lance is 4 mech... 1 company is 3 lances= 12 total mech... but where does the VS another (24 total players. Or was this just worded wrong and you were tying to say the max size can be 1 company vs 1 company and this = 24 total players? SORRY... its just that the way its written looks like you mean 1 company of 12 mech can take on another 24 players as if it can be a 3 way battle.

#17 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:54 PM

I wonder if we're allowed multiple player accounts (or multiple pilot characters within an account) so we can try out each of the four starting mechs to decide which we really want.

I expect Jenner, Hunchback, Catapult, Atlas, but just speculation based on these as the earliest completed mechs.

#18 Hardcover

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:57 PM

RB - as to all the questions about Beta! Ready? Stay tuned for that info soon ( as in next week ) ;) #mwochat

Squee? Squee!

http://myfacewhen.com/16/ sums up my reaction.

@QmanGaming RB - I think there are some really neat ideas like notable named hero mechs.#mwochat

Okay, so we might see the Catapult: Butterbee in game.

Or perhaps Yen-Lo-Wang? (Yes, I'm a FedSuns/Centurion fanboy.)

Edited by Hardcover, 16 May 2012 - 03:58 PM.

#19 Gaffhook

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:59 PM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 16 May 2012 - 03:54 PM, said:

I wonder if we're allowed multiple player accounts (or multiple pilot characters within an account) so we can try out each of the four starting mechs to decide which we really want.

I expect Jenner, Hunchback, Catapult, Atlas, but just speculation based on these as the earliest completed mechs.

No way those would be the choices... Everyone would pick the Atlas since it is the most expensive and would take ages to get otherwise.

#20 Garth Erlam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:59 PM

View PostAegis Kleais™, on 16 May 2012 - 03:45 PM, said:

Thanks guys. Glad to help. And IF BRYAN AND RUSS CAN GET OFF THEIR TWITTER SEATS AND GET THEIR HEADS BACK IN THESE FORUMS I want to say "Thanks" to those two rapscallions as well. ;)

I'll tell 'em :blink:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users