235 replies to this topic

#221 Mania

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationSW Misery

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:09 PM

View PostThontor, on 12 October 2012 - 12:51 PM, said:

Guys, you need to chill.

You think you have a stake in this game with the money you put up for Founder's, I get it.

You don't think the devs have a stake in this game? It's not like they are a big company, producing many games, so if one flops, oh well.

No, these guys have put everything into this game, their lives and careers could depend on how successful MWO is. You think they don't want the game to succeed more than you do?

Sure, from the outside looking in, maybe some of these decisions don't make sense to us. But we don't have the whole picture, only they do.

So stop insulting the devs please.

If this game ends up failing you lose what, $120 and the possibility of another mechwarrior game in the near future

The devs stand to lose a lot more than that.

Couldn't have said it better myself! Stressfull enough as a DEV to meet all deadlines.. I'm just thrilled that the group of people working on this are huge fans of the BT and MW genre so if anyone will be able to pull it off it's these guys. There is always a chance for failure and all the negativity we see out there is going to directly affect other peoples perspective on the game, let's give PG some leeway here, they have a good thing going as I for one have had very few major issues and am enjoying the heck out of getting back into MW.

#222 Ultrabeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 992 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationDas Amerikas (The US)

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:12 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 10 October 2012 - 10:15 AM, said:

Perhaps the simplest way to explain things is that we feel our closed beta players have done all they can and simply they are fatigued by closed beta. What I mean by this is that closed beta can be trying mainly because all of their hard work gets wiped on a regular basis and even though we continue to have tens of thousands of unique players playing each day there are many that are waiting to spend their time when it really counts.

I agree with this. I've been making threads ever since you guys readjusted the economy the first time to a grindfest stating that people would get tired of grinding for 2 weeks just to buy a mech and engine only to have all of their money and stats reset constantly in closed beta.

I disagree about all the decals and other useless crap. Not sure why anyone would be into that stuff, it's completely useless. But whatever, if you can sell useless things to idiots I don't mind. I think the game is ready for open beta. Just get to work on stuff that actually has an affect on combat like role warfare skill trees/etc and give us some more big mechs. I'm a Steiner and anything under 80 tons isn't really a mech.

Also basically anyone with a 32 bit OS is still getting constant crashes in drops from memory allocation errors. If you guys don't want to miss out on half of your potential market, I suggest you fix that ASAP, it's been going on for 3 months. Ever read the support forums?

Anyway keep up the good work
Hi5

Edited by Ultrabeast, 12 October 2012 - 02:14 PM.

#223 Un4seen

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:41 PM

Sigh ,,, I tested many many games in the past ... the end of CB always brings out the haters ...

I believe the game is in great shape. Hot fixed the lag issues (wether it was a memory leak or what ever), graphics look sharper than ever, and the game is just as fun as day 1. Plus loads of content to come.

Aside from needing a few more new maps, modes, and Mechs (which I am sure is to come) this game rocks.

#224 zer0imh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 581 posts
  • LocationFomalhaut

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:19 PM

View PostUn4seen, on 12 October 2012 - 02:41 PM, said:

Hot fixed the lag issues (wether it was a memory leak or what ever)

lag is still present 5 mins into the game.

Edited by zer0imh, 12 October 2012 - 04:20 PM.

#225 Valas

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 57 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:51 PM

Please do not start our premium time, during a beta test, with hardly any of the features I am willing to spend my premium time on even being implemented yet. You already have my money, please don't waste the time I paid for, before the game goes LIVE. Anything less, is unacceptable in my book. If you do, I want a refund. I was part of the beta before I purchased my Founder's Package, and at no point when I bought that package, did it say, you were going to start my premium time actually counting down for real, while we were still testing the game. This didn't pop up until a post you made a few weeks later, and I called you on it then as well.

#226 Valas

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 57 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:14 PM

View PostThontor, on 12 October 2012 - 07:00 PM, said:

read

Doh, I honestly did miss that one Thontor, Thanks! After reading through 11 pages at the time, probably looked right at it, and it didn't register.

#227 Vidrir

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:01 PM

Someone just claimed in game that an e-mail came out two hours ago about the delay of the open beta that had just been announced for the 16th of this month. But I never got such an e-mail and I see no reference to it on this mwomercs website. Is this person just messing with me? Or perhaps someone was messing with them?

#228 Discordantone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • LocationUnited States, D.C. (no it's technically not part of any state)

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:22 PM

Ahh, question. So yeah, what about all of the 'Out of Mech' content, the Factions, the politics and diplomacy, the rising through the ranks of society... When did you guys give up on the "What Mechwarrior Online Is" section and settle for 'Rotating matches on maps, over and over'

Honestly, if people hit this in Open Beta, and easily 80% of what was promised isn't there? It's going to be an extremely short lived game, especially for "rotating matches of mech combat" people already have MW4 or MW3, both of which are far more fleshed out for that sort of thing.

Edited by Discordantone, 12 October 2012 - 09:35 PM.

#229 Specter72

Rookie

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 2 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:18 AM

So is that tonight at midnight or the 14th at midnight? I'm hoping the 14th at midnight.

#230 verybad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:15 PM

View PostSpecter72, on 13 October 2012 - 07:18 AM, said:

So is that tonight at midnight or the 14th at midnight? I'm hoping the 14th at midnight.

It's not, and it would ahve been on the 16th, probably arround 1PM (like many of their patches have been)

But it's delayed for technical issues (the last patch, which upgrades the engine, caused some performance problems. Most BetaTesters were agaisnt it being released at that time as it would cause bad PR for a good game. I think it will probably go maybe a week longer before release (maybe less) They've already fixed some of the major issues from that patch.

#231 Francis Drake

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:32 PM

View PostNormlDotOrg, on 10 October 2012 - 10:42 AM, said:

I refuse to pay any money for this games "founders" packages. Simply because that is play to win on a small level.

I always like to play to win, but if you mean 'pay' to win you clearly do not understand what the founder's package does. It actually has no benefit in a match, it will give you more xp and rewards to level you faster. So it accelerates the grind it does not make you better in combat.

I also feel that the last 2 patches made things worse for me, also i do not really like the grainy grafics now, not to mention that the game refuses to close since patch lol. It's a bold move going open beta now wishing you all the best !

Regards

#232 MWHawke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 645 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:44 PM

Last patch really made my system lag on med settings. Please fix the lag..

#233 pjnt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 425 posts
  • LocationDetention Block 23, Death Star

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:09 AM

As for the founders package officially coming offline on the 14th, well its the 15th and still available. Isn't this the second time this has happened?

Hmpf.

#234 Vigilantee

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 39 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:29 AM

Of course with the delay of open beta also the founders packages will be open longer as well. This is an item for those who chose to pay to play closed beta. So if its still clsoed you can still get in this way. LOL make money while they can of course. In the email stating the delay for open beta they talked baout when they do go open beta those of us with premium time, will have the option to start said time at the click of a button. So it will not be sonomous with the launch of open but controllable by US as to when it starts. BUT, once you click start premium theres no going back or pausing or stopping it. once activated its live forever. My guess is Im not starting mine til the games live launched for at least a week.

PS make the Vulture the next launched mech!

#235 Korz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hawk
  • The Hawk
  • 172 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:24 PM

I want to say thank you for listening to your player base. This was a class act.

#236 Jiggity Jragon

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:56 AM

View PostSquareSphere, on 10 October 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

Open beta... now... SERIOUSLY? I'm going to go on record and agree with most of the folks here, it's a TERRIBLE idea.

All the new folks are going to get STOMPED before they even figure out how to map weapon groups in game!

This community will NOT carebear it up and coddle new players. We've seen it round after round of closed Beta, Vets will STOMP new players because they prefer to play with their friends. If those new players don't have in game support they're going to get frustrated and leave after posting bad word of mouth EVERYWHERE.

I have joined a few of the existing FTP (free to play) games that are out now. And I did get stomped at the beginning in all of them. I quickly learned what I needed to and came out ahead. I do agree that this is an issue but will perserver and get it down before I give up in the open beta. Not a whole lot to worry about at this point since its pretty unclear how to join the open beta anyway.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users