Official Response to Community Concerns - OCT 12/2012

680 replies to this topic

#621 Jonathan Paine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:03 PM

So what happened to community warfare, Paul?

#622 Wendigo Vendetta

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 77 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:17 PM

View PostJonathan Paine, on 24 September 2013 - 05:03 PM, said:

So what happened to community warfare, Paul?

The community is at war with the game... feature released!

#623 GoManGo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 353 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:22 PM

View PostAzargo, on 23 September 2013 - 03:39 AM, said:

It's been painfully apparent for some time that PGI are extremely understaffed to deal with a product of this magnitude. Why they don't make the effort to hire enough hands to deal with it is the real mystery.

As for star citizen, I can't even comprehend how people can compare MWO to SC. Stompy robots are stompy robots, and for better or worse MWO is the only modern game where you can get your fix of stompy robot goodness.

That's not really true you can play Hawken-All the old MechWarrior games on GameRanger also so I don't need MWO really I just play when patches come out to see if the game is better or worse. Plus hawken is all FPV so I get my in cockpit fix. Posted Image

#624 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:41 PM

I gotta say, at this point I'm considering giving Hawke a try. It looks fun and there's no real distinction except for weapon types and movement types and it's all one big stompy robot deathmatch at this point

#625 GoManGo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 353 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:56 PM

View PostSandpit, on 24 September 2013 - 05:41 PM, said:

I gotta say, at this point I'm considering giving Hawke a try. It looks fun and there's no real distinction except for weapon types and movement types and it's all one big stompy robot deathmatch at this point

Well Hawken has 4 game modes TeamDeathMatch-Deathmatch-MissleAssault-Siege so its pretty cool. I was in a match the other day and a dev actually came into our game chat and was bullshitting with us and asked us what we liked about hawken and what we though needed improvement I thought wow these guys really care about there players. Posted Image

Edited by GoManGo, 24 September 2013 - 05:56 PM.

#626 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:07 PM

You mean you actually have more to do than stomp to point a and try to make opponents go boom? What a novel idea

#627 Zanathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:08 PM

I also play Hawken and the main thing I dislike about it is the constant strafing jets and what not. It's not just another FPS/twitch shooter IMO, it's more of a hybrid and it does take getting used to as I also play other FPS and they don't give me a headache playing it constantly.

Having said that the pro of Hawken is that the product feels much more polished then MWO and they have the same team size roughly (~40 staff). This ranges from from basic things like the interface, mech lab/store/menu screen music, to more game modes, maps are gorgeous, etc. Hawken obviously isnt without it's own problems and it needs work but at the current stage if I were to compare the two I would give props to Hawken over MWO just for the sheer readiness factor.

Before any one jumps in and starts screaming, "Hawken is a twitch shooter and sucks!" let me explain that I am not comparing the game play but the actually product standing in their current form and the two companies in what they have both achieved in similar time frames with similar sized teams.

I think PGI could learn to pick up a few tips from these competiting companies.

#628 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:09 PM

And it's been through roughly the same amount of development time you say??? The debs actually jump in game and ask for feedback while playing and still have time to develop you say? They actually don't come up with responses such as "when you stop touching yourself" in response to when a game mode is being implemented you say? What a quaint approach to developing and feedback

#629 GoManGo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 353 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:13 PM

View PostSandpit, on 24 September 2013 - 06:07 PM, said:

You mean you actually have more to do than stomp to point a and try to make opponents go boom? What a novel idea

Well for me the siege mode is the hard one you have to go out and collect energy and bring it back to base to launch your battleship against there base of course you have enemy mechs doing the same thing plus enemy mechs trying to kill you for your energy. Then on top of all that you have to hold a huge AA gun to kill there battleship so its like a big king of the hill fight.The dev actually played a few games with us also as we chatted he was so good us noobs had to double and triple team him to kill him. He just laughed and said practice makes perfect. We all just had a fun time that's what I miss in MWO just a fun game modes to BS and have fun. Posted Image

#630 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:21 PM

Is it in open beta?

#631 GoManGo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 353 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:29 PM

View PostSandpit, on 24 September 2013 - 06:21 PM, said:

Is it in open beta?

YEs it is open beta. Dont get me wrong I love MWO but I just wish there was more game modes and more things to do and more community communication ingame. :) And I do love my C4 Posted Image

#632 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:34 PM

View PostGremlich Johns, on 22 September 2013 - 12:34 PM, said:

Seriously?

Star Citizen is NOT F2P, there's no mechs needing coding to walk, no buildings to crash land into, and the number of weapons is small. AND, Chris Roberts is getting funding based on his Reputation and he's obviously learning from PGI's community about what NOT to do. Do you think Russ Bullocks or Bryan Eckman will ever be able to do something like CR is? And, expectations for CR for a space based game are not as high as they are with a MW-based game.

If anything, Star Citizen will be an accessible EVE.

Just to comment...
I think you do not have the full grasp how massively complicated that SC is already being promised to be.
SC is no way small compared to MWO. In fact it is the other way around.

Please read this portion:
https://robertsspace...m/funding-goals
It is going to break 20 Mil soon.

Lastly they are making two games SQ42 (single player) and SC (multi player + persistent universe.) not one game.

#633 L1f3H4ck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:46 AM

WHY IS THIS STILL BEING NECROED!?!?!? CAN WE HAZ A NU 1 PLZKTHX!!!

#634 Hellhammer

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 30 posts
  • LocationArkab (X: 77.23 Y: 202.24)

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:59 AM

Very nice!

Thank you!

#635 Jestun

• 1,270 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:28 AM

View PostZanathan, on 24 September 2013 - 06:08 PM, said:

I also play Hawken and the main thing I dislike about it is the constant strafing jets and what not. It's not just another FPS/twitch shooter IMO, it's more of a hybrid and it does take getting used to as I also play other FPS and they don't give me a headache playing it constantly.

I've got to agree.

I quite like Hawken but the constant boosting does annoy me.

Don't get me wrong, I loved exteel when it was running. But that game was designed around very fast paced combat. Hawken is slow enough that the constant boosting feels a little off.

Exteel (closed in 2010):

:edit:

A video to better show the gameplay:

Edited by Jestun, 25 September 2013 - 08:36 AM.

#636 Antagonist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:01 AM

View PostSandpit, on 24 September 2013 - 06:09 PM, said:

They actually don't come up with responses such as "when you stop touching yourself" in response to when a game mode is being implemented you say?

Do you still have a link to that nugget of pure excrement?

#637 Monsoon

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:14 AM

View PostHotthedd, on 21 August 2013 - 08:59 AM, said:

This should be required reading for all the white knights still out there.

At some point, its NOT okay to lie through your teeth anymore.

So what part exactly is the 'lie through your teeth' part?

Here I took a part of the quote for you:

View PostPaul Inouye, on 12 October 2012 - 05:29 PM, said:

Nothing has changed from this original vision of where we want to take Community Warfare. The thing about Community Warfare the decision to push it out further post Open Beta, is the sheer size of the feature and the amount of time to implement. Right now we want the dev team to focus on getting the current game feature set into the live build and then stabilize the build as people join us through the first few weeks of Open Beta. Soon after, a large segment of the entire team will shift over to getting Community Warfare coded and implemented so we can get this into the hands of internal/early beta tester’s hands so we can launch the feature in the future. Because of the sheer workload of this feature we cannot give you an accurate timeline for delivery for this but we will start rolling out information as we begin development of Community Warfare.

After this big gameplay injection, we will look at the plan for the Clan Invasion.

I thought I'd bold the significant part for you...

Next Month we'll have UI2.0 released, the fundamental reason why CW hasn't come out yet. So sometime after that you can expect some information coming out.

Edited by Monsoon, 25 September 2013 - 10:22 AM.

#638 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:42 AM

View PostAntagonist, on 25 September 2013 - 10:01 AM, said:

Do you still have a link to that nugget of pure excrement?

No, unfortunately I do not, there is someone floating around here on the forums that has the screenshot in their signature though

#639 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:26 AM

http://i.imgur.com/lI0twGh.jpg

found it :)

#640 Monsoon

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:44 PM

View PostSandpit, on 25 September 2013 - 11:26 AM, said:

LoL, Oh that joker...

Edited by Monsoon, 25 September 2013 - 01:44 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users