View PostCountry Gravy, on 25 September 2013 - 02:52 PM, said:

I guess that depends on the profession.

Lol, outside of the internets I meant. That one made me chuckle

#644 Skunk Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 286 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:41 AM

There's a nasty rumour going around that most features are not enabled because of the need of a complete engine re-write.

Steam, community warfare, UI 2.0 etc.

It would explain why there has been so little asset development and only balance. The numbers would translate to a new engine a lot easier than attempting to port in all those Mech and map meshes.

It would also explain why the dev's are appearing so hostile to the player base. They are caught with a massive amount of work that needs a AAA budget, and don't have it. That would be pretty stressful I imagine. Seeing something that might famously go down in flames, and for a horrible reason.

It's just a rumour.

#645 Nehkrosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 772 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:45 AM

we had best get some info today. im getting a little bored.

#646 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:56 AM

View PostSkunk Wolf, on 26 September 2013 - 06:41 AM, said:

There's a nasty rumour going around that most features are not enabled because of the need of a complete engine re-write.

That's not really a rumor. It's pretty much the whole reason we haven't had a lot of new features. It's not just the mechlab, but the in-game interface and... well, pretty much everything. If they want to have a game that scales up in the future, they have to have an architecture that will support that. And it's easier to do it now than to wait until v3 or v4, when they would have to untie a Gordian knot.

#647 That Dawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:58 AM

I uninstalled about 3 weeks ago finally.
-Dropped real coin on the game, on comms with the pals was a hoot. I think all 13 have quit playing now to increased..........problems- ranging from FPS drop to crashes to desktop. All of us in age from 40 to 60, can afford to spend, no one is computer illiterate, PC builds ranging from 4 years old to insane expensive, and all had the same problems.
Got worse when they implemented the 12 man.
I keep checking back to hopefully read that my sig is no longer valid....

#648 Wriath

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • 108 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:10 AM

Hahaha, you guys remember when MW5 was supposed to be happening on one of the unreal engines? Probably woulda' been a good idea.

#649 Theron Branson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 223 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:18 AM

This is very sad and very concerning. I've stopped playing too due to it just not being fun anymore and I refuse to put any more coin into this game until I know that they have definite release dates on CW and UI.2 and so on. I hate games being released partially done and they almost all do it now.

#650 Lightfoot

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:59 AM

View PostThatDawg, on 26 September 2013 - 06:58 AM, said:

I uninstalled about 3 weeks ago finally.
-Dropped real coin on the game, on comms with the pals was a hoot. I think all 13 have quit playing now to increased..........problems- ranging from FPS drop to crashes to desktop. All of us in age from 40 to 60, can afford to spend, no one is computer illiterate, PC builds ranging from 4 years old to insane expensive, and all had the same problems.
Got worse when they implemented the 12 man.
I keep checking back to hopefully read that my sig is no longer valid....

That's odd. My PC is about 4 years old tech-wise and never crashes, now. I even switched from an Nvidia 550 ti to a Radeon 6870, FPS 24-30 plus always. I turned down particles and some other things for the 550 ti. I usually delete the; C:\Games\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\USER\Shaders folder, since it was posted this would help with freeze-ups and ctd's, if you have them.

Looking forward to CW and a chat room or some type of community communication organizing tool.

#651 Tice Daurus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOak Forest, IL

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:54 PM

I remembered this thread from last year and it is so incredibly sad reading this thread from what they had planned to what they've done today. Shame, shame on you PGI and IGP. :)

#652 Windies

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,477 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:06 PM

View PostTice Daurus, on 26 September 2013 - 09:54 PM, said:

I remembered this thread from last year and it is so incredibly sad reading this thread from what they had planned to what they've done today. Shame, shame on you PGI and IGP. :)

It's sad really to have been in closed beta and read the idea's and core pillars and then see where we are today and what we have. What's more sad though is that they will drag this game out to the last dollar, before shutting it down. That's all it's about anymore, the money. Sure they're a business and they have to make a profit, but a profit comes from a good game, a good game doesn't come from making a profit.

#653 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:09 PM

View PostWindies, on 26 September 2013 - 10:06 PM, said:

It's sad really to have been in closed beta and read the idea's and core pillars and then see where we are today and what we have. What's more sad though is that they will drag this game out to the last dollar, before shutting it down. That's all it's about anymore, the money. Sure they're a business and they have to make a profit, but a profit comes from a good game, a good game doesn't come from making a profit.

I want to laugh, but... I'm afraid you actually believe this, and it makes me sad.

#654 HighSpeedSentry

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:11 AM

With all due respect, whats funny about that post. There are parts of it I agree with because thats what has been put on our table by the devs. I still enjoy this game. I appreciate the devs work but I also feel they have not been entirely straight with us.

#655 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:18 AM

View PostSandpit, on 25 September 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

I understand they're human and get frustrated, it's just not very professional

Oh if only the Forums Users would hold themselves to that same standard eh. lol

#656 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:25 AM

View PostLightfoot, on 26 September 2013 - 08:59 AM, said:

That's odd. My PC is about 4 years old tech-wise and never crashes, now. I even switched from an Nvidia 550 ti to a Radeon 6870, FPS 24-30 plus always. I turned down particles and some other things for the 550 ti. I usually delete the; C:\Games\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\USER\Shaders folder, since it was posted this would help with freeze-ups and ctd's, if you have them.

Looking forward to CW and a chat room or some type of community communication organizing tool.

I ran their "Repair Tool" and it did wonders for my 4 year old as well. 34-40 fps, very nice looking graphics.. :)

View PostVvSPECTERvV, on 27 September 2013 - 08:11 AM, said:

stuff
I appreciate the devs work but I also feel they have not been entirely straight with us.

What the hell does that mean. Who are you? The Head of their Board of Directors? wowzers! Talk about entitled... :ph34r:

#657 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:16 AM

View PostHeffay, on 26 September 2013 - 10:09 PM, said:

I want to laugh, but... I'm afraid you actually believe this, and it makes me sad.

Heffay do you do anything but make sarcastic comments and insult people you don't agree with? You are repeatedly mocking people for voicing their opinions on here or just being downright argumentative towards anyone who doesn't hold the game in the same high esteem that you do. If you enjoy the game that's great, some of us do not and we use the communication tools for the game to voice this to the development team.
Just because you troll from a pro-pgi stance doesn't make it any less of a troll.

View PostAlmond Brown, on 27 September 2013 - 08:18 AM, said:

Oh if only the Forums Users would hold themselves to that same standard eh. lol

While I wish this were true, they are also not professionals representing a company. I don't expect customers that I deal with to hold themselves to the same standard I do as a professional service provider. I get paid to act in a professional and tactful manner, they do not.

#658 WarHippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:23 AM

View PostAlmond Brown, on 27 September 2013 - 08:25 AM, said:

What the hell does that mean. Who are you? The Head of their Board of Directors? wowzers! Talk about entitled... :)

Its entitled to expect honesty?

#659 SweetJackal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 968 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:05 PM

View PostWarHippy, on 27 September 2013 - 09:23 AM, said:

Its entitled to expect honesty?

No, it isn't.

I know a lot of founders felt betrayed, hell I missed out of the founder's package by a day and I'm now glad for it.

But the founders wasn't buying into a vision of a game. That was a sales pitch. You bought into Early Access to the Closed Beta, MC, Premium Time, and 4 unique mechs. And they delivered on that.

I do not agree that PGI should be bound by statements made over a year ago during development.

But I do agree that PGI should be held accountable for it's choices, how it makes them, why it makes them and how they impact the game. They should be held accountable for how they communicate it.

If they flat out said "We are sorry, we are adding in 3pv into the game. This will have an impact over organized play, we will be looking into how to curb that. We are doing this as a hurdle into the game for a new, non-sim player is an oversaturation of information and we hope this will help ease players into the understanding of the game instead of bombarding them with everything at once. To this effect we will be adding more tutorials in the future." Then there wouldn't be the huge backlash we have now.

Instead there have been statement after statement on 3pv to prove the customer base wrong which is riddled with false information. Like how it wouldn't have an impact on organized play or provide any advantage when the ability to see over terrain and line up shots without exposing yourself is just that. And there is video evidence on this as well.

A developer is allowed to make poor choices, they can make mistakes. But be honest about them and what you are doing. Hearing sales pitch after sales pitch gets old. Talk about the real choices, what you do have, reasons behind design. Transparency helps development of a positive community and feedback can help craft the game. The internet is more resourceful than any one group, company or government.

Use Us.

#660 Caboose30

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 880 posts
  • LocationNorthern Michigan

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:44 PM

I just would love to see some kind of real update on the progress of the testing portion of the game, and what they're testing. We got something that said they're testing DirectX 11, and found a major bug, so now they have to fix it and re-test it later. Okay... I don't care. How about something that everyone is clamoring for, like Community Warfare, UI 2.0, revisiting Heat Sinks, how difficult it is to cross even flat terrain, lack of proper hit detection, lack of general game stability, voice chat... you get the idea. Pick one that you're working on and just say you're working on it! Say you're half done, almost done, not even close to done, we don't care about specifics, just be general and say this {Scrap} is being worked on! Because right now we hear "Oh, this is going to be so awesome when X feature is released!" Like the Flea. Announced last year. What's holding it back? No one seems to know, and it would be so quick and easy to say "Sorry guys, it's having a problem with netcode, we're sorting it out" or "The modeling is more difficult than we thought". The vast majority of us don't want a hard and fast release date for new content, we just want to know what's being worked on, updated on a regular basis. Doesn't have to be every day, or even every other day. Maybe once a week?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users