680 replies to this topic

#661 LastPaladin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 596 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:38 AM

View PostMonsoon, on 25 September 2013 - 10:14 AM, said:

So what part exactly is the 'lie through your teeth' part?

Well, they said that after a few weeks of open beta, the majority of their team would be working on getting CW implemented. We've since found out that they never even started working on it.

#662 Snitchkilla

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 38 posts
  • LocationTortuga Prime Tortuga Dominion

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:46 AM

the flea is delayed because of work on the game engine that is needed to allow for the use of MASC(which the flea comes stock with) ie speeds above one 155kph this is well known and is no big secret.

#663 HighSpeedSentry

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:55 AM

View PostAlmond Brown, on 27 September 2013 - 08:25 AM, said:

What the hell does that mean. Who are you? The Head of their Board of Directors? wowzers! Talk about entitled... :D

Actually, I am The Head of their Board of Directors. I just expect honesty thats all. I put my hard earned money down many times. No, I don't feel all high and mighty and entitled. Of course, the board of directors thing is a joke. I actually own the company.

Edited by VvSPECTERvV, 03 October 2013 - 07:57 AM.

#664 -Muta-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 749 posts
  • Locationstill remains a mistery.

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:46 PM

As of now I can say that the game is way better than before

#665 Redlor Fidelious

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 52 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:07 AM

I want to take some time to point out that there are TWO parties involved in the development of this game. Piranha Games and Infinite Game Publishing. Yes, Piranha Games is doing the actual coding work, but if you don't think that Infinite Game Publishing has a big ole hand in what is prioritized and ultimately makes it into the game, you are living in a fantasy world.

In either way lets make sure to assign blame where blame is due and give back slaps where they are due as well.

To the coders, artists and animators, Thanks for all the long hours and hard work. The assets you have created are remarkable!
To the MWO Producers at Piranha Games, I wish you had not compromised as much as you have.
To Infinite Game Publishing, Its a fun game, but disappointing at times.

#666 culverin

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 98 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:28 AM

I agree with what you said.

There seem to be a lot of issues originating from using the Cry Engine.
Perhaps it is really, really broken engine?
Or perhaps the devs bought into a sales pitch for it.

I wonder if the code guys knew anything about the engine, it's strengths, capabilities and level of difficulty coding for it.

I wonder if the code guys didn't have enough know-how about the engine.
I wonder if the producers were warned and ignored the coders.

We have no idea what Infinity Games is doing on the backend.
How much they are hampering or interfering.

There are so many unknowns to blame any single party.

Edited by culverin, 10 October 2013 - 06:33 AM.

#667 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:29 AM

View Postculverin, on 10 October 2013 - 06:28 AM, said:

Do you think going with the Crysis engine still the best option?

Well, Chris Roberts went with it for Star Citizen, so... yes?

#668 Wilhelm Fraek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:25 PM

View PostHeffay, on 10 October 2013 - 06:29 AM, said:

Well, Chris Roberts went with it for Star Citizen, so... yes?

I imagine that all has to do with budget, if PGi went with a cheaper engine they might have been able to afford more programmers etc.

I have no idea what the prices of the engines are but at one point i heard the crytek engine was close to a mil or something

#669 Shade4x

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 190 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:23 AM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 12 October 2012 - 05:29 PM, said:

Open Beta:

We have decided to push Open Beta back. We agree that the game's current state of stability is not allowing us to get the latest experience across to new and veteran players alike. This is a short push back on the date and will depend on the stability and playability of the build.

Can we really call this BETA? The game has been out for nearly a year in "open Beta". Your making money, and selling mech's, premium time, cosmetics, etc. Can we just call it an incomplete release? What do we call the state the game was in a year ago? Really super beta testing?

Why do we have new mech's everyone month, but inner spehere system is still being promised? Why do we hero variants yet things are still so laggy and buggy many cannot play? Why do we have a second hero type variants introduced when basic features are completely ignored?

I don't say this because i got malice against the PGI, it's just that i check back in a year and the only thing that has changed AT ALL is the amount of purchaseable content. If it wasn't battletech, the reason a good majority of engineers in the 80's and 90's went to college, one of the reasons robotics has advanced so heavily, i probly wouldn't care enough to write this and just chulk up the game to money milking, incompetence.

So what do you need from us to actually get the game complete? Money? how much more do you need? Time? You've been in "Beta" for how long? Or do you just plan to have a small dev team, to never really complete the game, and just milk people on new mech's?

#670 Bonedog

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 72 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:26 AM

View PostWilhelm Fraek, on 10 October 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

I imagine that all has to do with budget, if PGi went with a cheaper engine they might have been able to afford more programmers etc.

I have no idea what the prices of the engines are but at one point i heard the crytek engine was close to a mil or something

Hell, the Battlefield engine woulda been friggen sweet. consider being able to shoot a building out from under a mechs feet... The level of detail possible there is jaw dropping as well.

Lets be real though. They made a decision, an expensive decision, PGI, IGP, and this community have to just live and deal with it. There's no (not enough) money to change minds about it now.

They will get there, in time. IGP requires certain revenue to come in even while the game is still being developed. Which is why you have your cockpit items and colorful banners and bobble-heads, brand new mechs and varients. PGI has to code that stuff in to keep IGP happy while the real game is being developed. Some coders have to be put on these immediate return items, but it's a small sacrifice on the whole. Be patient and have faith. Most of these guys at PGI want this game to be successful because they want to play an awesome game that most of them have been a fan of its franchise longer than some of you have known about.

Ok. I turned a few words into a documentary sheesh.

PEACE!..... I mean DIE Clanner skum!

Edited by Bonedog, 11 October 2013 - 09:28 AM.

#671 BabooTheBeast

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:50 AM

View PostBonedog, on 11 October 2013 - 09:26 AM, said:

They will get there, in time. IGP requires certain revenue to come in even while the game is still being developed. Which is why you have your cockpit items and colorful banners and bobble-heads, brand new mechs and varients. PGI has to code that stuff in to keep IGP happy while the real game is being developed. Some coders have to be put on these immediate return items, but it's a small sacrifice on the whole.

Actually stuff like new mechs and cockpit items require no work from programmers. They are all done by graphic artists and game designers.

#672 Trede

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 76 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:59 AM

View PostShade4x, on 11 October 2013 - 09:23 AM, said:

Can we really call this BETA? The game has been out for nearly a year in "open Beta". Your making money, and selling mech's, premium time, cosmetics, etc. Can we just call it an incomplete release? What do we call the state the game was in a year ago? Really super beta testing?

Why do we have new mech's everyone month, but inner spehere system is still being promised? Why do we hero variants yet things are still so laggy and buggy many cannot play? Why do we have a second hero type variants introduced when basic features are completely ignored?

I don't say this because i got malice against the PGI, it's just that i check back in a year and the only thing that has changed AT ALL is the amount of purchaseable content. If it wasn't battletech, the reason a good majority of engineers in the 80's and 90's went to college, one of the reasons robotics has advanced so heavily, i probly wouldn't care enough to write this and just chulk up the game to money milking, incompetence.

So what do you need from us to actually get the game complete? Money? how much more do you need? Time? You've been in "Beta" for how long? Or do you just plan to have a small dev team, to never really complete the game, and just milk people on new mech's?

Who let the troll out from under the bridge? Beta ended a while ago...try to keep up

#673 Skiddywinks

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:52 AM

View PostTrede, on 13 October 2013 - 01:59 AM, said:

Who let the troll out from under the bridge? Beta ended a while ago...try to keep up

The irony is that it doesn't even qualify as beta in the first place, much less full release. It is out of beta in announcement only.

#674 Caboose30

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 880 posts
  • LocationNorthern Michigan

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:55 AM

This post was started over a year ago. Why are people still posting on it?

#675 Skiddywinks

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:02 AM

View PostJuiceCaboose, on 13 October 2013 - 10:55 AM, said:

Because people are still posting in it.

#676 XphR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,513 posts
  • LocationTVM-Iceless Fold Space Observatory Entertaining cats...

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:26 AM

View PostJuiceCaboose, on 13 October 2013 - 10:55 AM, said:

Good ol blind rage.

#677 Mainhunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 378 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:01 PM

View PostBonedog, on 11 October 2013 - 09:26 AM, said:

Hell, the Battlefield engine woulda been friggen sweet. consider being able to shoot a building out from under a mechs feet... The level of detail possible there is jaw dropping as well.

I'm not 100% sure, but I doubt, that you can buy it. It belongs to EA and they use it for more than one of their products and I dont think they want strengthen her rivals.

#678 JD R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,814 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:02 PM

Come on let old topics RIP.

#679 Mainhunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 378 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:04 PM

View PostWilhelm Fraek, on 10 October 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

Everyone can dowload it for free, I have it. When you start making profit with it, you have to give crytek 20% of your income.

#680 aniviron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:36 PM

I can't believe that nobody wished this thread a happy birthday! I was out at the time, so I have an excuse.

Anyway, happy belated birthday, thread! Here's to many more with you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users