#41 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:03 PM

View PostAmechwarrior, on 17 October 2012 - 08:22 AM, said:

Will premium time also boost Loyalty Points once CW is implemented?

We see that it boosts XP and C-bills now, but with one more "currency" on the way some of us are wondering if that too will be boosted by premium time.

This.
Also, will the alternate maps will have different base spawns or just be the same exact maps at night?

#42 Paladin Brewer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 485 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:20 PM

Can you comment more on what was in the PC Gamer article. Will merc units be scheduled drops only? Are there any real plans on player run faction units? How will leadership of houses be decided, just based on earned rank or will there be a voting system? If players want to form their own units in houses, will you at least give us the ability to add unit tags and/or change our name to put our unit tags in?

#43 Monsoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:49 PM

What variants of the Highlander can we expect?

Considering most of them are FedCom Civil War and later, or Comstar variants.

#44 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:42 PM

Could we get a clarification/new info on how being a pilot without a Founder's pack starts off their career? An old faq/dev post stated something along the lines of being able to select a 'mech on launch from one weight category. Is this still the plan and when will this take effect since everything we get during Open Beta remains past official launch?

Also, any clarification on what the role/position medium 'mechs are going to play in MW:O? I ask this because right now they're outclassed by both light and heavy 'mechs for anything they'd really do on the battlefield. Ferro-Fibrous and Double Heat Sinks further pushes the issue, medium 'mechs will add nothing a heavy or light can't (and they'll be better at it then the medium.) I understand things are in beta and can/will change, but unless forced drop weights are added mediums don't have much purpose now or in the future.

Edited by Jack Gallows, 17 October 2012 - 04:49 PM.

#45 Dracol

• The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:18 PM

How many meters above the ground is the jenner's cockpit? What about an Atlas cockpit?

#46 Jacob Dieffenbach

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMaine, U.S.A.

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:10 PM

A lot of people are suggesting a sized hardpoint system as a way to further differentiate chassis from each other. For example, to keep the Catapult K2 from treading on the JagerMech JM6-DG's toes in terms of niche, the K2 would have two "Large Energy Hardpoints", two "Small Energy Hardpoints" and two "Small Ballistic Hardpoints", while the DG would have two "Large Ballistic Hardpoints" and two "Small Energy Hardpoints". This would even benefit variants within a chassis--an Atlas-D currently can become an Atlas-K with no trouble, since those Medium Lasers in its arms can easily become ER Large Lasers. Sized hardpoints would make sure each Atlas variant has its own layout and niche.

So, what's the development team's stance on adding maximum sizes to hardpoints?

#47 Bitblit

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:48 PM

Will there be a realtime API available? Not a web API to view scores and rankings but a game time API to expose displays and controls? Either dynamically loaded and linked libraries, or IPC message passing like sockets? MS Flight Simulator has a rich API allowing for a wide array of third party hardware and software add-ons. I'm an embedded software engineer and would love to write an iPad app for the fun of it to act as an external Multi Function Display (MFD), a PC application to add addition displays, or even release instructions and source code for arduino projects to connect real buttons, *****, and switches in place of the keyboard for home cockpit builders.

#48 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:53 PM

It's cute how people think that Centurions and Hunchbacks aren't "real" mediums and that a 7-crit weapon can't fit into a side torso with 12 free critical slots.
:D

Now, the questions:
  • From dev comments on the forums and devblogs, I've come to understand that there will be some key differences in the way merc corps will be able to manage themselves as opposed to how house troops will function. Can you elaborate on this a bit? e.g. What sorts of tools will merc commanders have available? How will contracts work (single objection or signing on for a longer duration "campaign" with a house?)
  • Is ECM planned to be able to do cool active stuff like Ghost Targets, or just negate NARC and mess with targeting?
  • What is your plan to balance DHS vs standard heat sinks, given that canonically DHS is better in just about every way, gives 10 free engine heat sinks (against all logic) and only costs 3x as much for 2x the cooling (and heat sinks are basically cheap anyway)? Or is it even a concern?
  • Why are there so many miscreants caterwauling about the forums? Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses?

#49 akatrio

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:43 PM

I know this may still be a ways off, but I'm curious about some of the implementation ideas regarding loyalty points (if they can be answered):

1. Will loyalty points for each faction be calculated independently of one another or will they at least partially depend on how loyal one is to a current faction? For example, will high loyalty towards the Draconis Combine affect loyalty points towards the other houses?

2. Strongly related to the first question, will loyalty points for factions available at launch affect the time and/or effort to side with other factions possibly available thereafter (i.e. the Clans)?

Thanks in advance!

#50 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:03 PM

And when are we getting the HBK-4N variant?

#51 Norris J Packard

• 1,972 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:27 PM

If it wouldn't be too much trouble, do you guys think you could give an idea of what the HGN-732's hardpoints might be?

I know, pretty early, but I am going to pine over this Mech for months and it'd be easier for me to get by if I knew exactly how many/what hardpoints would be available.

#52 Duke Hector

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 302 posts
  • LocationNistus

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:05 AM

besides camo specs, and paint schemes. will we be able to paint specific pieces of our mech (ie painting the head, arms etc) as we see fit instead of all one piece?

and one other "physics" things do you guys have plans besides the hula girls and fuzzy dice? :angry:

Edited by Dan the Ice Man, 18 October 2012 - 01:06 AM.

#53 Adrienne Vorton

• 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:41 AM

my most important question right now:

how the hell did Adridos get 6300+ posts? i thought i am crazy, rather posting in these forums than actually doing excell stuff in my classroom? :angry:

#54 Sparks Murphey

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:02 AM

How do the devs pronounce "Tukayyid"?

#55 DrnkJawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 488 posts
  • LocationIn an urbie aiming at your crotch

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:42 AM

Any chance for a lobby for custom pre-arenged games with group drop weight limits? lets say 1 lance 210tons max? And any chance to have games with unfair numbers but even weight? lets say 2 mediums for 1 assault?

#56 Hawkeye 72

• 1,890 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArcadia

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:05 AM

What is the precedent in becoming legally married to the Hula Girl in my cockpit?

I mean is this wrong? Should I not do this?

Posted Image

#57 DrnkJawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 488 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:09 AM

View PostHawkeye 72, on 18 October 2012 - 06:05 AM, said:

What is the precedent in becoming legally married to the Hula Girl in my cockpit?

I mean is this wrong? Should I not do this?

Posted Image

as long as it doesnt involve me ill see nothing wrong with it

#58 Skylarr

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,646 posts
  • LocationThe Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:13 AM

I know it was stated in the past that the external armor was double, but, was the Internal Structure doubled? Or was it left as stated in the TRO for each Mech?

Is there any plans to change the Narc to a Fire and Forget weapon with a set duration of activity?

#59 DrnkJawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 488 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:19 AM

View PostSkylarr, on 18 October 2012 - 06:13 AM, said:

I know it was stated in the past that the external armor was double, but, was the Internal Structure doubled? Or was it left as stated in the TRO for each Mech?

Is there any plans to change the Narc to a Fire and Forget weapon with a set duration of activity?

Internals were left the same if i recall right

Edited by DrnkJawa, 18 October 2012 - 06:20 AM.

#60 screw ball

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 89 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, TEXAS

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:51 AM

im from texas i wear boots about 75% of the time i put shoes on, that being said can i put boots on my mech? or a kilt im also a highlander

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users