Ask The Devs 22!

107 replies to this topic

#21 B0NES

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 113 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:16 AM

I could use an MWO t-shirt, atlas bobble head and ER Large laser to mount on my car. Can we expect to see this or similar merchandise for sale eventually?

Edited by B0NES, 17 October 2012 - 10:21 AM.

#22 Norris J Packard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:29 AM

Have you guys explored an "Active Nose Art" concept yet?

(i.e. Nose art on the Mech that updates to display confirmed kills/resets when you die.)

Example.

Posted Image

#23 Shibas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:29 AM

Since you have recently added that assists, spotting, and damage influence c-bills made during a match, will those statistics also be included in the profile statistics along with the kill/deaths?

Also, you recently altered the River CIty map in the latest patch. Are there any plans to modify any of the other current maps?

#24 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,456 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:38 AM

1. How would you like to have/do community events like
- Submit your Mechdesign/Map/Interface/Paintjob/... of the month?
You could get more ideas and increase the link with the community :P

2. Also how many people do you have working on the same parts? 10 developers, 2 designers, 1 director on the Engine, 5 marketing guys on facebook, 4 writers on the timeline and story boards? etc...

3. what would you wish from us in the time between A and B or between B and C (like this week, after OB launch, etc.) to help you test/give feedback or suggest? (see first question)

4. are there plans to place a huge timeline at the start page? Timeline for story or for the development state (maybe the development timeline seperated and not at the frontpage) would give everyone a real quick update of what happend (after you return from work/vacation for example) and what might come (for the development in progress).
The Forum is great and such, but it takes much time to find information and actual news if you need to search in the forum.

5. Would you like to have 3d modesl of the mechs / maps on the website later on?

6. How do you think about redundancies? Like adding game info on the website (under game) as well as in the forum and ingame? Mechstats, weapons, etc.

Edited by Reno Blade, 17 October 2012 - 11:00 AM.

#25 That Guy

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:44 AM

Does PGI plan on integrating C3 into MWO more fully? for example, C3 being bundled in MWO, and having its own tab on the front end, thus removing the need to have C3 as a separate application

just how far does PGI plan on integrating C3?

#26 deadeye mcduck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • LocationOutside the periphery

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:54 AM

View PostAcid Phreak, on 17 October 2012 - 09:52 AM, said:

what game modes are planned? ETA?

thanks

Taken from Upcoming content: http://mwomercs.com/...ed-oct-16-2012/

Next Game Modes:
  • Conquest (November 6) - Updated
  • DropShip Mutator (TBD)

#27 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:24 AM

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:48 PM

It's blatantly obvious that Gauss Rifles can't fit in the side torsos of a Katapult. The only logical reason I can see for allowing the Katapult to begin with is as a testbed for the Rifleman and the Jaggermech, which are heavies with paired ballistics. But even those weapons are IN THE ARMS, not the torsos. A mech with a Gauss Rifle in the chest would look like a Hollander or Atlas. If the Gauss Cat is intentional, than at least remove 'ears' from the model if they don't have PPC's in them. Will weapon hardpoints be re-evaluated to allow for more logical 'mech configurations?

Question 2:

I've run out of MC's in the BETA, and I've come to the point where I'm bored. I have mastered the Assault class, and run up to Elite in my Centurions. I've accumulated thousands of unused mech experience, and I have enough to buy some unwanted mechs, like hunchbacks for instance, so I can master the Centurion. I don't like hunchbacks at all, and the Cicada is almost as stupid a design as a Charger.

My only choice now, if I want to master the Centurion - as I've run out of MC's - is to buy three hunchbacks and spend hours playing them, even though I know I won't enjoy the experience. I've already dumped money into the game for the founders program, and hundreds of dollars building and upgrading a computer to run this game. However, in order to achieve my goals, I have to spend hours doing something I don't want to do, and it just doesn't make sense and is rather aggravating. So, the question is

Will there be a way to earn MC's in game?

Edited by Peiper, 17 October 2012 - 02:42 PM.

#28 Tastian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 768 posts
  • LocationLayton, UT USA

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:02 PM

1. With more maps and game modes coming, will we be able to select which game modes or maps we'd like to play?

2. When can we expect to see additional mech variants to fill the Jenner (Commando, Awesome, etc.) required 3 to advance to Elite skill?

3. Any plans to add an "invite a friend" reward incentive?

#29 Lemniscate

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:05 PM

There has been a good deal of talk about modules from PGI, and hints as to their role on the battlefield and in balancing mechs and variants.

My question is; do any of the planned modules offer benefits that are currently standard in gameplay, which will then only be available when using the module? Examples might be second zoom level, thermal/night vision, target sharing, placing markers on the map, etc.

#30 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:55 PM

View PostPeiper, on 17 October 2012 - 11:24 AM, said:

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:48 PM

Question 2:

I've run out of MC's in the BETA, and I've come to the point where I'm bored. I have mastered the Assault class, and run up to Elite in my Centurions. I've accumulated thousands of unused mech experience, and I have enough to buy some unwanted mechs, like hunchbacks for instance, so I can master the Centurion. I don't like hunchbacks at all, and the Cicada is almost as stupid a design as a Charger.

My only choice now, if I want to master the Centurion - as I've run out of MC's - is to buy three hunchbacks and spend hours playing them, even though I know I won't enjoy the experience. I've already dumped money into the game for the founders program, and hundreds of dollars building and upgrading a computer to run this game. However, in order to achieve my goals, I have to spend hours doing something I don't want to do, and it just doesn't make sense and is rather aggravating. So, the question is

Will there be a way to earn MC's in game?

Is this outdated, or simply misguided? You are only required to buy three Centurions in order to master your Centurions, you no longer need to unlock Elite for mechs of multiple chassis to complete the Master unlock for a single chassis. Case in point: I own 3 Catapults, all three of which are Master, and it did not require me to own or level up any non-catapult Heavy mechs.

As for your first question, the Devs themselves are simply not as miffed over Gauss K2s as everyone seems to think they should be; It's a perfectly legal build within the rules the Devs have set, and they do not seem to have any intention of removing the K2's ability to mount Gauss rifles (instead they will be buffing other weapons to give it helthy competition)

#31 Ken Fury

• 1,016 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:02 PM

Would you consider sharing data about amount of people grouped/total groups ingame and the amount of groups of each size (2,3,4, ... etc.)?

#32 Quincy80

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 45 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:09 PM

View PostThontor, on 17 October 2012 - 10:08 AM, said:

Haven't they already stated that when open beta starts is the last reset, period?

As for MGs.... Because that's how Battletech does it.

I know the answers for the most part, I just want hard answers as they haven't restated it recently like they have most everything else.
They have been fairly clear on MC, not so much on XP, mechs and CB.
With months where little changed in development I am less than interested in repeating the same grind to get the same items.

On BT MGs... that's like saying the hole in the wall is fine because it's always been that way. When you've already started remodeling.

Thank you for expending entertainment electrons on my post. Know I regard your comments as highly as I would bathroom graffiti.

#33 Quincy80

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 45 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:13 PM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 17 October 2012 - 12:55 PM, said:

Is this outdated, or simply misguided? You are only required to buy three Centurions in order to master your Centurions, you no longer need to unlock Elite for mechs of multiple chassis to complete the Master unlock for a single chassis. Case in point: I own 3 Catapults, all three of which are Master, and it did not require me to own or level up any non-catapult Heavy mechs.

As for your first question, the Devs themselves are simply not as miffed over Gauss K2s as everyone seems to think they should be; It's a perfectly legal build within the rules the Devs have set, and they do not seem to have any intention of removing the K2's ability to mount Gauss rifles (instead they will be buffing other weapons to give it helthy competition)

Read the requirement more carefully. You need to elite three mechs in a weight category. 3 elited Centurions works just as well as 2 Cents and a hunch, only easier.

#34 JokerPW

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 108 posts
  • LocationSanto Andre/SP - Brazil

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:34 PM

How is it going to be the time difference between years go by in the game vs. real life ?
If the game will go through the MW history, what's the time ratio ?
[ ]'s

#35 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:39 PM

I've read that you guys love e-sports and competitive gaming in general. Will we see improvements to the observer camera modes such as a free-cam that you can float above the battlefield?

#36 Vovochka404

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 66 posts
  • LocationRussia/Vladivostok

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:56 PM

And here i'm again :)
  • Is there going to be an utf in game/mechlab chats?
  • How many language translations is planned for the game?

Edited by Vovochka404, 17 October 2012 - 01:56 PM.

#37 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:58 PM

View PostQuincy80, on 17 October 2012 - 01:13 PM, said:

Read the requirement more carefully. You need to elite three mechs in a weight category. 3 elited Centurions works just as well as 2 Cents and a hunch, only easier.

I still don't understand why you feel you need to "buy three hunchbacks and spend hours playing them, even though I know I won't enjoy the experience." in order to fulfill your wish to Master the Centurion

#38 CrayTrashfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • LocationKalidasa

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:04 PM

I was wondering if your ever gonna make it so if i don't load my mech to full tonnage that it will have higher speed

#39 Valron

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:30 PM

When is 12 vs 12 coming? We haven't heard anything about this in months.

#40 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:39 PM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 17 October 2012 - 12:55 PM, said:

Not misguided, but apparently out of date. I did not realize it had changed. That is fortunate, and much more fair. Thank you for correcting me. I will strike out the question.

Dual Gauss doesn't bother me. It's the absurdity of their placement. There are mechs designed to carry two large bore ballistic/gauss weapons in the game, but the K 2 is not one of them. It's an energy platform, and the machine guns are their to deter infantry. I think larger AC's or Gauss are COOL options for the K 2, but in the arms where they belong - and the big-arse guns are modeled. If you don't have big-arse guns in your arms, then the arms should not be on the model. Likewise, if you're going to put big guns in the torsos, see how the hunchback or atlas has them modeled and model accordingly. If the devs aren't concerned about the lack of realism, then why don't they bring back LAMS - that's Land to Air Mechs like:

Posted Image
Or this one:
Posted Image
aka the Shadowcat II from dark age, who's fist was bigger than yo' Atlas.

Edited by Peiper, 17 October 2012 - 02:41 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users