575 replies to this topic

#561 Thomas Covenant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationOn an adventure.

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:03 PM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 17 October 2012 - 10:31 AM, said:

(To be clear, I am aware the Scottish do not actually talk like this. It is a charicature meant to make a more 'larger than life' and interesting character.)

I? You wrote this?

#562 Sorter

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:34 PM

Sorry but heavy metal after some tuning is solid as a rock. As a brawler hes better than any other assault atm just becouse of jj's alone. But some ppl will always know better.

#563 DegeneratePervert

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:35 PM

So, are we for sure getting this on Tuesday? I've got MC waiting for it :)

#564 AnubiteGroove

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 158 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:56 PM

I only JUST realized, there are no non-hero Highlanders. I just thought no one wanted to use one. How will we ever get elite and master?

#565 SgtMagor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:27 AM

View PostAnubiteGroove, on 12 April 2013 - 03:56 PM, said:

I only JUST realized, there are no non-hero Highlanders. I just thought no one wanted to use one. How will we ever get elite and master?

afaik the 19th of april patch will have the standard highlanders...

#566 Featherwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:32 AM

View PostSorter, on 11 April 2013 - 11:34 PM, said:

Sorry but heavy metal after some tuning is solid as a rock. As a brawler hes better than any other assault atm just becouse of jj's alone. But some ppl will always know better.

Agree. After 20+ matches seeing this hero-mech in action, I just have to agree that it's top-assault mech in game so far. Though I still dislike the look of 'HM', it has one of the best hardpoints configuration. I start doubting that upcoming non-hero Highlanders could provide really competitive configurations. At least until hardpoints restrictions would be added - no more 3LL in RH - but that will hardly happen in nearest future.

#567 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,658 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:20 AM

View PostAntagonist, on 05 April 2013 - 01:04 PM, said:

IMO this mech is one of the few that can reliably pull off an XL engine. I have yet to be cored through a side torso while my CT still has armor left.

Regarding JJ, they do come in handy once in a while. I wouldn't be opposed to linking the maximum amount of JJ that you can install with your mech's top speed.

Love the JJ. Going back to an atlas I keep hitting the space bar to jet over an obstacle or another mech, forgetting I am not in the pinkie. And unlock the arms to torso, the ability to jump and fire on an opponent is priceless as you watch their returning fire either miss completely or tags the legs a bit. Never mind the ability to jump over something to put a barrier between you and 1-3 other mechs in that OPPS moment. :P

I can not wait for the others. When the grasshopper (JJ enabled heavy) was introduced in MPBT Solaris, most pilots did not like it but I could make it dance around catapults and marauders (most widely used heavies).

#568 TygerLily

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:29 PM

Who's ready?

#569 Dulahan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 361 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:16 PM

I just want to see the hardpoints darn it! SOOO bad!

Because I've got Creds burning a hole in my pocket but don't know if I want it or not yet.

#570 Lord Psycho

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 177 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:51 PM

I'll admit..It's hard to kill these things by myself....

#571 Aylek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 292 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:47 AM

View PostTygerLily, on 15 April 2013 - 03:29 PM, said:

Who's ready?

60,000,000 CBills + 2 free Mech Bays are waiting.

#572 Brkojle

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 70 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:45 AM

I think Highlander will be cool mech to play with but I cant dislike idea that everyone will buy them at sight....grasshoppers on map...omg...I cant imagine!
Which date is for release them again?

#573 SounDemoN

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:33 AM

View PostSgtMagor, on 13 April 2013 - 05:27 AM, said:

afaik the 19th of april patch will have the standard highlanders...

Its actually today, April 16th that they are released. The 19th is when HSR for ballistics comes online.

#574 p4g3m4s7r

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 190 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:58 AM

View PostSounDemoN, on 16 April 2013 - 04:33 AM, said:

Its actually today, April 16th that they are released. The 19th is when HSR for ballistics comes online.

The 19th is also when they start using the fact that today they drop a configurable match maker.

Question: why do we not see "Highlander, available soon in mechlab" banner? I fee like there's something wrong here, given we've seen absolutely none of the content that's supposed to drop today outside of hints and that pcgamer article (which has a typo in one of the highlander variants). I feel like their normal channels of communication are not being utilized and that this can't be just because a few people went on vacation...

#575 SounDemoN

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:06 AM

Let's not get overly suspicious yet, its still pretty early in the morning for them, I believe roughly 1-2 hours behind me (EST) so that's 7 or 8 am for them. Last time they made the announcement roughly around 10:30 for me. So let's give them some time to get to their stations.

#576 Overkill C7

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:49 PM

Anyone else noticed that the Highlander seems to get stuck on small rocks and has more trouble going up hills than other mechs?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users