#261 Sikreci

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 99 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:55 AM

View PostSarriss, on 10 July 2012 - 04:33 AM, said:

Jace - I like that you commented on my "tongue" complaint but didn't even justify my "gangster dinosaur skull" remark with a response. I guess there are no words for my...unique...uh...perspective.

A tongue is weird. A gangster dinosaur is awesome.

Of course, I might just end up having to redo all the insignias if Fred doesn't stop trying to show me up.

Anyhow, I broke down and installed phpBB on our server, and I've spent the last couple days messing with the configuration. So we'll have an honest to god forum of our own here in a week or two. We're just growing way too fast for the Google group to serve our needs for much longer.

#262 Beardybloke

• PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 60 posts
  • Locationi'm here *points at the UK*

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:51 AM

Nice work Jace, will be good to have an official forum that we can fill up with innate babble and card related puns really useful information :)

#263 Sarriss

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:25 AM

What useful information? I just spout random nonsense whenever the mood strikes me. OHHHH you meant everyone else. There's no "I" in team but there is one in Sarriss! and in incredible, and intelligent, and witty, and badass....the "I" is silent....shut up!

#264 KJ Crow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 177 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:49 PM

Excellent, a forum of our own that means we won't have to bump to stay on page 1!!

#265 Sikreci

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 99 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:55 PM

Well I hope Fred is proud of himself. Look what he's gone and made me do. Now I have to go back and redo all the other insignias to try to make them look this good.

Posted Image

#266 Fred Sampson

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:06 PM

Outstanding! Well done!

Edited by Fred Sampson, 11 July 2012 - 11:06 PM.

#267 Sikreci

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 99 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:57 PM

Well I thought it would take longer to set up, but it's good to go right now, so go check out our brand new forums!

http://www.blazingaces.info/forums/

Also, you guys should keep bumping this thread, helps us get our name out there.

#268 Beardybloke

• PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 60 posts
  • Locationi'm here *points at the UK*

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:22 AM

Well done on the insignia looks great, and the forums are looking good to. :P

#269 KJ Crow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 177 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:57 AM

Great work on the Forums Jace, and the Dback looks great!!!!

#270 Sarriss

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:03 AM

Okay, shameless bumping and gushing. The diamond insignia looks amazing, The forums look slick and I want to thank Victor and Jace for all their hard work. This group is going to be amazing because of you guys.

/gush
/bump

Edited by Sarriss, 12 July 2012 - 05:04 AM.

#271 t0ast

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:09 AM

Man, this is what I get for going on vacation for the 4th to a place with a distinct lack of Internets. Time to catch up.

First and foremost, thanks for accepting my app. Looking forward to working with you all.

Nice job on the website. I like seeing those legacy MW graphical elements put to use without having to relive the awful 90s website designs I'm used to viewing them in B).

The division insignia are looking great as well.

And finally ... It's a pity I'm too late to the party to put another Steven Wright quote to a timely use, but hey, on the other hand... you have different fingers.

Edited by t0ast, 12 July 2012 - 06:15 AM.

#272 Sikreci

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 99 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:09 PM

Just so ya'll know, there IS more to the forums than the recruiting board. I just have all the other forums besides that set to private, for Aces' eyes only, I just have to manually add people to the permission group for it.

#273 Sir Trent Howell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:06 PM

Jace: It might be nice to have a public "pub" of sorts forum for allies, foes and general hangers on to communicate with us.

#274 Sikreci

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 99 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:52 PM

View PostSir Trent Howell, on 12 July 2012 - 03:06 PM, said:

Jace: It might be nice to have a public "pub" of sorts forum for allies, foes and general hangers on to communicate with us.

Done. By the way, there's a forum feedback thread in our general discussion forum if you have any other suggestions in the future.

#275 Sarriss

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:27 AM

BUMPING OF THE MOST DEBAUCHERY TYPE!

I'm not sure what that means either.

#276 Sikreci

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 99 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:36 PM

The word you're looking for is "debaucherous".

#277 Poundcake

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 77 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:19 PM

I just checked out the new websight and its looking promising.

currently 42 members thats great ...I noticed I was placed into Hearts as one of only three members with a rank of 3, the lowest current rank in the unit. According to the roster it looks like merely submitting an application gets you a default rank of 5 (mostly), however someone decided I dont even qualify as a 4!

However, I proudly accept my designation as a scrub. :P For some reason I simply dont feel inferior.

....by the way .....My Founders Atlas needs to be moved to Clubs (and please make sure its the 3 of Clubs :P)

#278 Sikreci

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 99 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:12 PM

Our default starting rank is 2, and I don't know if we have any of those right now. 2 is for trainees that we know basically nothing about. 3 is for people that we're fairly sure will stick around and be permanent members. We've been starting most of our recruits at 5 because we've been recruiting a lot of Mechwarrior vets with tons of experience.

I think I started Atham as a 3 as well, but I promoted him to 6 because he's been showing up and participating a lot in our activities on Teamspeak. I hand out promotions fairly liberally to people that put a lot of effort into getting involved with the unit and that I get to talk to enough to confirm whether they're decent folk.

Also, rank is kind of informal and not very well organized right now. People Morson was recruiting tended to get added as 5's, and people I recruited usually got 3 or 4 unless I had good reasons to go higher. I'd like to just reset everyone to 2's and then figure out who goes where after that, but I'm too lazy to do that and it seems kind of stupid anyway.

#279 Poundcake

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 77 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:37 PM

Its not important I was just having fun with it. Its better off I stay low so there's plausible deniability for the higher ups because I tend to stir things up sometimes .....like the PM I got from Paul (Lead Designer) telling me to stop flaming the legendaries!

Edited by Poundcake, 13 July 2012 - 05:42 PM.

#280 Atham MacKinaw

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 41 posts
  • LocationColorado, U.S.A.

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:13 PM

Just to clarify (and to see my veteran tag, and signature, and bump the thread), I was initially a deuce. Which was certainly fine with me for with great rank comes great responsibility, and I sure didn't want that. Then, after a while of showing up for some activities but remaining fairly quiet (thus not proving exactly how truly inept I was) I gained a promotion to 4. And lately, after more of the same, to 6. But just know, I'm still a deuce at heart, even if I'm a Diamond now.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users