397 replies to this topic

#381 Freedom_Eagle

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2 posts
  • LocationLexington Ky

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:12 PM

I'm definitely having problems with the blazing aces site and its not a bad link. I'm running windows seven google chrome.

#382 Sarriss

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:34 AM

4 days later and I'm still running into issues. Multiple browsers, multiple PCs and I'm the network admin, I know we're not blocking it.

#383 Blackfire87

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:22 PM

It seems its an issue with Comcast blocking the IP. We are currently trying to get it fixed.

#384 t0ast

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:01 PM

Doesn't seem to be IP blocking. My access to our forums at work degraded from "sometimes" (about 2 weeks ago) to "never" (last week) ... and my employer more or less acts as a full-on private ISP (and if they block something, they make it pretty clear). At home and on my smartphone (both through AT&T), I was fine up until today, when I watched the site go from occasional SQL errors to 404s to the "look at me, I'm the default PHPBB page!" to a "500 Internal Server Error" now.

Here are the SQL errors I caught along the way if it helps:

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]
Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111) [2002]

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]
Incorrect key file for table 'phpbb_config'; try to repair it [1034]

...and other variations on the 2nd one for different phpbb tables (phpbb_bbcodes, phpbb_users, phpbb_post, etc.)

My familiarity with hosting PHP/SQL services is somewhat limited, but if I had to guess, it seems that things might have gradually become corrupted or mis-configured one way or another.

Edited by t0ast, 01 October 2012 - 04:31 PM.

#385 Sir Trent Howell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:59 PM

The website has been fixed. Comcast seems to have blocked the ip for some reason. Applications may be posted to the site.

#386 deforce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 616 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:35 PM

Your experience with MechWarrior and BattleTech, or team games in general - in particular league play.
Been playing pretty much since MW1, never played any MW games competitively though. I have played in top 3 ladder/league clans for various games such as AA, BF, COD4, COD MW3, WoW..
Why you're interested in the Aces.

Looking for a team to start playing with early on. I would say I have a very good shot when it comes to FPS, but this is NOT an FPS. Great aim helps, but team play and playing with the same group of people seems like it will make for a far superior clan.
What division you are interested in.

Club or Hearts. Honestly I have mechs designed for all scenarios, but the way the game is now. You dont know what map you will play so I have to diversify my weapon builds.

#387 CaptainAnt

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:36 PM

I've posted my application on yall's forums, I look forward to your consideration and response.

#388 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:45 AM

Thanks for letting me know, Ant, I'm on my way to check it out! Did anyone get back to you Deforce?

#389 Sir Trent Howell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:20 PM

We are indeed opening recruiting. Post an app to our forums.

#390 Sir Trent Howell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:15 PM

A healthy bump to the top. We are recruiting competitive players looking for a mature atmosphere with other veterans.

#391 Overdog

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:19 PM

A nice balance of competitive pilots and down to earth players...check us out.

#392 Kamikaze Viking

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationStay on Topic... STAY ON TOPIC!!!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:07 PM

I have a Blazing Ace Painted on my guitar from all those years ago playing Crescent Hawks Inception and the rest.

If I was in the EU I'd totally join with you guys, but as an Aussie I think I might be in the wrong timezone.

#393 Sir Trent Howell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:09 AM

Hey there Kamikaze. We have a pilot from Hong Kong who plays with us fairly regularly and he have pilots online nearly around the clock. You're welcome to give us a test drive if you'd like to see if it'd work out. If it goes, great, if not, no problem.

Check out our new recruiting thread:
http://mwomercs.com/...etitive-pilots/

And feel free to drop us an application.

#394 Tarrasque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:00 AM

Just wanted to drop a line at the behest of my old comrades in your unit - I filled out an application on your site, although I see recruitment is closed, if you ever need an extra man for drops, let me know!

- T

#395 Sir Trent Howell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:22 AM

We still look at pilots who come to us via referrals and those pilots who are at competition strength already. Our officers will be in touch shortly.

#396 Small Baguette

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 118 posts
  • LocationPreviously known as "Uljira"

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:02 PM

Bump.

#397 Brotherchaplain

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 113 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:47 AM

Hey all, Met one of you in person at Origins this weekend, rocking a sweet Davion tattoo. Just wanted to drop by and say howdy. If you all are looking to scrim on the new 12 v 12 test servers that are coming soon just let me know, Always good to fight other good groups.

Cheers,
Chap

#398 Bunko

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:12 PM

Please be advised, this is an old thread, new thread is at http://mwomercs.com/...ince-3024-naeu/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users