397 replies to this topic

#341 Xander Grey

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 24 posts
  • LocationMidwestern USA

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:59 PM

Hello, Blazing Aces. I am a Legendary Founder member of MWO, looking for a group that has a healthy balance between having fun and playing using sound tactics and strategy. It is surprising how often those two cannot be found within the same unit.

I have 20+ years of Battletech experience, dating back to the late 80s and early 90s. I have not played online games in this genre, though I have played tabletop and most of the PC versions of the game. I have played other online MMOs (WoW, SWTOR, DC Universe Online, Champions, etc.) and enjoyed PvE and PvP in all of them.

I was really drawn to the whole deck of cards organization in this unit and also liked what I saw in the posts and comments I have seen. I am a bit of a wildcard, in that I am not dedicated to one role or another. I have enjoyed scouting/base capture in light Jenners, offering long range missile boat support in mobile Catapults, and pounding the enemy with Atlases. I have piloted Atlases far more than any other mech. With the heavy and assault mechs I tend to be adaptable in my outfitting of the mech so I am effective at any range. I value balance highly and don't like to feel useless if the battle dictates strategy adjustments.

I am willing to pay my dues and expect you will find me a very capable mech pilot. I am sound tactically, have led groups in roleplaying and purely tactical settings. I really enjoy a good plan and don't mind starting out taking orders, rather than giving them. I play a lot during the week and on weekends, so I will be available and dependable for drops.

I only ask for a fair shot to prove my value and advance in the ranks when my performance warrants. I hope you will consider adding me to your ranks, soon, because I want to know what outfit I am joining before the 7th.

I wish you the best, whether you accept my application or not.

Thank you,
Xander Grey
(Chris)

#342 Sir Trent Howell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:44 PM

View PostSkadi, on 05 August 2012 - 04:40 PM, said:

I know you chaps, i play'd against you yesterday
Good game.

I remember your callsign. Good games mate, looking forward to our next encounter.

#343 Sikreci

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 99 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:41 PM

The roster hasn't been updated in a couple weeks now. I haven't forgotten anyone, I'm just lazy, FYI.

I should be all caught up on replying to applications now. If you haven't heard one way or another, let me know.

Edited by Jace Nevada, 05 August 2012 - 11:13 PM.

#344 Malicious1

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:11 PM

Hey, just played a game with you guys. I was incredibly impressed and honored. I'll think about submitting an application for sure. A few of my friends and I have all bought up this game together, so I'm going to stick with them first and foremost, but hey, maybe i'll have them all submit applications :)

#345 Beardybloke

• PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 60 posts
  • Locationi'm here *points at the UK*

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:35 AM

Just giving the deck another shuffle.

Play on!

#346 Silvermoon

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:55 AM

I'd love to play in a Clan, but still can't get even IN the game yet. :D

Master Tactician, Military Trained Officer. Been playing the Mechwarrior games since they started, and just about every other game out there.

High End World of Tanks player, so I know what a team player is - capable of taking one for the team to keep the proper forces on the field. :wacko:

I can lead as well as take orders-If you can find a spot to put an old gamer, let me know!

#347 t0ast

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:23 AM

Going to ante up here for another round on page one.

View PostSilvermoon, on 09 August 2012 - 06:55 AM, said:

If you can find a spot to put an old gamer, let me know!

You sound like you might fit well, but I'm not in charge of these things :-)

If you haven't been contacted here yet, you might want to try our forums here: http://blazingaces.i...wforum.php?f=14

Edited by t0ast, 11 August 2012 - 07:24 AM.

#348 Sikreci

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 99 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:57 PM

Don't worry, I'll be in contact soon, it's just been another really busy week for me.

#349 Killian Wargear

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNortheastern USA

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:27 PM

Pick a card...any card...

#350 Skurvy

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationTulsa, Oklahoma, USA

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:48 AM

Good day Aces,

I am tendering my application to your unit and have the following answers to your questions.

A little about your experience with MechWarrior and BattleTech, or team games in general - in particular League play
There's a bit of gray in my hair so I do date to those archaic times when Battletech was initailly released. Must admit that the game became my favorite along with Warhammer for table top games. Computer wise, I've played anything released for PC or Xbox. Not so much on the multiplayer aspect of those games but thouroughly enjoyed the single player aspect.

Other MMO's I play are Darkwind which is based on Car Wars. Team tactics are a must as the game features perma-death of your gang members.

Why you're interested in the Aces
The unit displays a lot of character and there are some ties back to some of the older computer games which featured the Aces. Nice unit organization.

What division you are interested in
As an Elite founder, I chose the Catapult as my founder mech. I do specialize in Long range support. I also have had a hoot running a souped up Commando and being the forward scout. Diamonds or Spades seems to be my forte and a little bit of both if possible just to keep the game mixed up some.

Thank you for considering my application.

Skurvy

Edited by Skurvy, 12 August 2012 - 11:49 AM.

#351 Aidan Ramsdell

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:27 AM

Ah. Here I was thinking "Man! I've been so busy that I totally forgot to check up on the Aces! Things must have progressed so far that we're a major power now. (Or slipped away into nothingness). HUH, looks likes it's business as usual. I'll try and come back sometime soon. Oh, and I'll try and get on TS some time.

#352 Skurvy

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationTulsa, Oklahoma, USA

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:04 PM

Signed up and must say this is a well honed mature team. Looking forward to running with you guys!

#353 BlueMeeney

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:36 PM

Hello Aces, I am looking for a team to play with. I am an older player. I have been playing Battletech/Mechwarior on PC since they came out. I still have them all in fact. 3.5" drive all the way to mech 4. Didn't try the console version. I barely dabbled in the TT stuff. I have been playing online games since the 80s. I understand tactics and can adapt to a needed role. I prefer medium and heavy but can do ok in lights and assaults. Why pick you guys you ask? reading your forum here gave me an impression of people that were mature enough to be decent but still be kid enough to have fun. Please contact with if you have any questions. Thanks for your consideration. The Blue Meeney

#354 Raisinscone

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:34 PM

To the top of the deck!

#355 KJ Crow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 177 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:34 AM

Hmmmmm new concept for a training game... 3 identical Awesomes and we have to identify which one Rais is in as they run around each other.... Mech based 'Hunt the Lady'

#356 Sikreci

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 99 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:06 AM

Hey guys, we're changing our recruiting policy a bit. Our recruiting status towards North American timezone pilots is going to be very selective from here on out. You're still welcome to apply, but we'll be accepting far fewer people now.

However, we're still going to be very open about recruiting European timezone pilots. We have an active Euro group right at this moment, but we still want to grow it a bit. KJ Crow manages the Euro division, so feel free to contact him with any questions.

#357 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:50 PM

Yep. Definitely, I don't want to discourage anyone from applying, but the big changes are now that the game is up and running more or less, we can hold proper try outs and such; we haven't been able to until now. We're still settling the ranks so to speak, so most new pilots will begin at rank 2 or 3.

That said, we really, really lucked out pulling some of the best players in the franchise to the group I think and that's awesome.

#358 KJ Crow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 177 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:16 AM

Ok, this is the call.

I am currently looking for pilots, old vets or rookies, in the EU timezone, active between 18:00 and 23:00 GMT on a couple of nights a week and for a few hours over weekends. US pilots that apply for the EU company will be considered.

All Divisions are currently open, but I will say that this may change quickly... I only have a few of positions available in the Spades division for instance, so recon pilots should apply now...

Applicants must wish to work as part of a cohesive team and be willing to do anything to bring success to our contracts... and if you find yourself laughing as you do it, then you are in the right place!

Use of the TS server is mandatory... no Teamspeak, don't apply.. (you don't need to be able to speak however, just listen.)

So, you think you have what it takes to throw in your chips with us... then stop bluffing and put your cards on the table!

#359 Sikreci

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 99 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:38 AM

I'm going back to class next week, so I'm going to ask that any inquiries regarding NA timezone recruitment get directed to Victor Morson now. Any that get sent to me will probably be waiting on replies for a few days at least.

#360 C4N3

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:17 AM

Hi Guys,
I've played Mechwarrior 2 Mercenaries, Mechwarrior 4, I'm a Diehard Mechcommander fan, and I played that game on Mplayer way back in the day. I love RTS and Team based games like MWO. FPS's aren't my thing, I'd rather work with a team and win in a game that requires thinking. My play style is fluid. I've chosen the Atlas founders mech, and I'm pretty happy with it, sure it takes a day to get anywhere. I am applying because I want to meet new people and win as a team instead of as a PUG. I'm based in the Eastern Time zone. I'll play whatever role needed. I look forward to hearing back.

P.S. my name C4N3 is pronounced CANE. Thanks!

Edited by C4N3, 23 August 2012 - 07:43 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users