A call for new RP ideas/threads (now that The Windborne Raven is ending)

77 replies to this topic

#41 MacabreDerek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • LocationManitoba

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:25 PM

((Cant wait Thom, I am really greatful for the work you've put into this. Until you guys are set on a meeting place, you can use the mech-bay idea I posted earlier :ph34r:. Just really glad to hear you're almost done.))

#42 Thom Frankfurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:41 PM

View PostMacabreDerek, on 01 April 2012 - 11:25 PM, said:

((Cant wait Thom, I am really greatful for the work you've put into this. Until you guys are set on a meeting place, you can use the mech-bay idea I posted earlier :ph34r:. Just really glad to hear you're almost done.))

My dude is dispossessed. (Davion's don't like it when you shoot back) But I'm guessing he could meander on over to the mechbays next to the Spaceport, you know to look for someone needing a pilot.

Would have had more typed up but got involved in watching Game of Thrones..

#43 MacabreDerek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • LocationManitoba

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:47 PM

View PostThom Frankfurt, on 01 April 2012 - 11:41 PM, said:

My dude is dispossessed. (Davion's don't like it when you shoot back) But I'm guessing he could meander on over to the mechbays next to the Spaceport, you know to look for someone needing a pilot.

((So we're not gonna hear back from ya for a few days. Gotchya :ph34r: ))

#44 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:58 PM

View PostMacabreDerek, on 01 April 2012 - 11:47 PM, said:

((So we're not gonna hear back from ya for a few days. Gotchya :ph34r: ))

Nah I was constructive. I wrote about my character defending Tikonov while Ridzik escaped, his trip on the dropship as it approached Solaris. And I wrote about him going through the customs (with decent discription) in the spaceport.. even got some hooks, subplots and possible antagonist already worked in.. just didn't get beyond that.

I'd figure that I'd see what everyone wanted to call the forum thread... Let everyone have a voice you know...

Currently I'm thinking about 'Bright lights, dark city.' or 'Once upon a time in Solaris.'

#45 Charles Martel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationQuentin. Wish you were here Hanse?

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:52 AM

About that time period is when Charles is pretty much fresh out of DIHL. He missed the Fourth Succession War, but saw a lot of action in 3039. And on Solaris he's not going to have a mech with him, he's there for the travel and learning opportunity.

#46 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:02 AM

View PostCharles Martel, on 02 April 2012 - 12:52 AM, said:

About that time period is when Charles is pretty much fresh out of DIHL. He missed the Fourth Succession War, but saw a lot of action in 3039. And on Solaris he's not going to have a mech with him, he's there for the travel and learning opportunity.

Taking tours at Solaris Arms? :ph34r:

#47 Durgan Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 103 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:04 AM

View PostMacabreDerek, on 01 April 2012 - 11:01 PM, said:

RPing an old-fart has it's advantages. Rick's ready to RP anything 3025+. I am personally tempted to start a more casual-orriented RP thread taking place during his years as an early mechanic , or just soon after getting his Archer back from the dead. I was thinking something a little less grand, where it's less to do with action so much as the mix of characters and philosophies that bring the conflict and interest. Also helps when you have a couple of Sims set-up in the mechbay as a kind of 'pool table' for the mechanics where the REAL pilots get to show them how it's done (It's the closest most of them get to, or want to get to real combat).

~Neeeeeeeeds RP fix.... Shakes....~

That sounds awesome i could get I'm on that as well

#48 Gozer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 368 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:54 AM

Here are some ideas for thread names:

There once was a mech from Solaris...
One night in Solaris
Solaris Nights
CSI: Solaris
Have Mech Will Travel
Support Your Local Mechwarrior
NCIS: Solaris
A Fresh Start
Mighty Morphin Mechwarriors
Meching our way in the world
Dateline: Solaris
Thom's World
Survivor: Solaris
The Gray Area
Living on the Edge
The Space Between
Falling Through the Cracks
Just Getting By
Gladiator

How does this look for a "character sheet"
Name:
Callsign:
Date of Birth/Age:
Current Mech: (If Any, also Lights and Mediums only. All pre-clan here. Personally I don't want to see any advanced weapons even though technically they're around right now. But that's just me.)
House Affiliation: (If Any)
Military History: (How long you've been a Mechwarrior for instance)
Physical Description:
Open Background: (This is the readily available stuff. The stuff most people could look up about your character. Things like place of birth, schooling, etc.)
Deep Background: (This is where you put the skeletons you don't mind the other players knowing about, but the CHARACTER'S should not know unless they found out during the game.)

Once we get a Thread title Thom or I will start the OCC and Main thread. (Probably Thom will start IC and I'll start OCC since it sounds like he already has an opening scene ready to roll. I'm bad I haven't even made a character yet! Nor has Thom hinted to me personally about nany crazy plans he has so it's all Thom's fault right now I'm just moderating. :ph34r: )

#49 guardian wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts
  • LocationOn Barcelona where the crap is about to hit the fan.

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:16 AM

[[Hey sorry to but in on your guys' ideas, but was just letting you know, that I will be restarting the Jade Falcon occupation thread, it will be set as one week or a couple of days before the invasion, and will tell the story of what the people did after it hit, mainly, we will be forming a resistance. We will actually fight in the initial battle, but lose, and witness the destruction of the Skye Rangers. Sloth, Rogue, and I will be overseeing, or GMing, so that way we stay on track.]]

#50 Durgan Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 103 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:26 AM

View Postguardian wolf, on 02 April 2012 - 11:16 AM, said:

[[Hey sorry to but in on your guys' ideas, but was just letting you know, that I will be restarting the Jade Falcon occupation thread, it will be set as one week or a couple of days before the invasion, and will tell the story of what the people did after it hit, mainly, we will be forming a resistance. We will actually fight in the initial battle, but lose, and witness the destruction of the Skye Rangers. Sloth, Rogue, and I will be overseeing, or GMing, so that way we stay on track.]]

I don't know how good if a idea its that we split the community I'm sure some will have the time for multiple RP.

#51 guardian wolf

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:40 AM

[[Sorry, will post in both, if possible, if you want me to put it on haitus for now, then ok, but it has already been posted.]]

#52 Karel Spaten

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 143 posts
  • LocationHallam

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:43 AM

View PostThom Frankfurt, on 01 April 2012 - 11:58 PM, said:

Currently I'm thinking about 'Bright lights, dark city.' or 'Once upon a time in Solaris.'

"Bright Lights, Steel City"?

I'm biased, I live in Sheffield.

Any room for another player?

#53 Orcinus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 346 posts
  • LocationYour Left Flank

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:48 AM

View Postguardian wolf, on 02 April 2012 - 11:16 AM, said:

I thought that thread took place after the initial invasion. I.e. the Jade Falcons have already occupied the planet, and the Skye Rangers have already been destroyed. (Hence, my character in that thread.) :(

#54 guardian wolf

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:53 AM

No no no no, we are rebooting the thread, and starting anew, it is going to take place a couple of days before the actual invasion, so one we can have a buffer time to get in new players, and two, so our characters can have a bit of dialog, before the action kicks off. Any more questions?

#55 Orcinus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 346 posts
  • LocationYour Left Flank

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:39 PM

View Postguardian wolf, on 02 April 2012 - 11:53 AM, said:

No no no no, we are rebooting the thread, and starting anew, it is going to take place a couple of days before the actual invasion, so one we can have a buffer time to get in new players, and two, so our characters can have a bit of dialog, before the action kicks off. Any more questions?

Ah, gotcha.

#56 Gozer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 368 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:40 PM

View PostKarel Spaten, on 02 April 2012 - 11:43 AM, said:

"Bright Lights, Steel City"?

I'm biased, I live in Sheffield.

Any room for another player?

We haven't started anything yet for this so of course there's room. :(

#57 Vodkavaiator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:29 PM

Bright Lights & The Space Between tickle my fancy for some reason. :(

#58 Kevin Kirov

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:44 PM

I Used To Work On Solaris (But I Don't Work There Anymore)

#59 Nor Azman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 217 posts
  • LocationPeriphery

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:26 PM

Davion's don't like it when you shoot back

*nods sagely* Yes FedSuns soldiers do not like it when you shoot at them, but we need to keep doing it, just to be sure... :(

Eep. Has the second season of GoT started already? Is megavideo still down? Those goram Alliance! *shakes fists* ooh ooh can I roleplay a bumbling boy servant to the Imp? Now that would awesome. :lol:

Am trying to piece together a decent backstory to a new character classified Project Nimrod. :rolleyes: Hopefully I will be in time to throw my bowler hat to the fire once the new shindig starts.

For possible RP titles, I liked 'Bright lights, Dark city.' Um how about...

A Chance Meeting in Solaris

The Price of Winning

The Measure of Luck

The Solaris Job B)

The Odds of Winning and Losing in the Games World

The Flop, the Turn and the River : High Stakes in Solaris

Longshots and Daggers: Playtime in Solaris

Between Before and After : A Stop-over on Solaris

Gambling Blind: Solaris 3031

Solaris: Do You Remember Love? :lol:

A Mid-Summer Night's Dream...With PPCs.

or....

Solaris: The Final Countdown!!! :wub:

edit. God I wish I had their hair!

Edited by Nor Azman, 02 April 2012 - 06:30 PM.

#60 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:31 PM

View PostNor Azman, on 02 April 2012 - 06:26 PM, said:

Eep. Has the second season of GoT started already? Is megavideo still down? Those goram Alliance! *shakes fists* ooh ooh can I roleplay a bumbling boy servant to the Imp? Now that would awesome.

Yeah, it started Sunday night here in the States, I'm not sure about the HBO schedule in Asia.... Not sure about megavideo or casttv... we said; "To Hell with it and got HBO."

Playing Podrick would be decent.

Oh and speaking of Asia... :(

http://youtu.be/NfFjb3B9RRw

Oh yeah and I didn't get a chance to work on anything, damned real life and super crazy long hours at work. Still waiting on word from my editiors and critics...

Edited by Thom Frankfurt, 02 April 2012 - 07:38 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users