50 replies to this topic

#21 Koshiro Wraith Michaels

• PipPip
  • Heishi
  • Heishi
  • 43 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:06 PM

View PostKay Wolf, on 31 March 2012 - 11:14 AM, said:

I loved playing this game; I have a three-ringed binder chock full of these cards, but everyone I try to play the game with calls it boring, or too difficult, and won't spend any time playing it. I have a complete Mercenary deck, and then I had enough Clan cards to build effective Smoke Jaguar and Wolf decks, and I loved playing all three decks, but no one else in the Colorado Springs/Fountain area plays.

Argh... I used to live out there and I have a few decks. I would have been happy to play with you.

#22 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:06 PM

Know anyone who still lives out this way and is looking for fellow gamers, hehe?

#23 Koshiro Wraith Michaels

• PipPip
  • Heishi
  • Heishi
  • 43 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:10 PM

View PostKay Wolf, on 30 May 2012 - 03:06 PM, said:

Know anyone who still lives out this way and is looking for fellow gamers, hehe?

You might try Gamer's Haven, just off N. Academy, they do some Battletech traffic, but not the card game. Hobbytown has a fairly decent supply of mechs, also for the board game.

As for the card game, you'll be hard pressed to find people with it being out of print, but I still have to go out there every now and then, perhaps we could meet for a game at the Haven or something when next I'm out there.

#24 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:31 PM

I love this game - stopped to play it only about 3 years ago.

I have 1 deck for each faction (including a Wolf Dragoons/Mercenaries), each with a very different strategy.

What I remember now:

- Jade Falcon = missiles, missiles and missiles.
- Ghost Bear = super fast mechs with elementals.
- Smoke Jaguar = alpha strike only (autocannons).
- Kurita = multitude of cheap assault mechs, each one attacking alone.
- Davion = mechs attacking in group with leader bonus.
- Mercenary = lots of mercenary contracts and cards to untap them.
- Steiner = thumper and long tom artillery (defended by fast and resilient mechs).

#25 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:46 PM

View PostKoshiro Wraith Michaels, on 30 May 2012 - 05:10 PM, said:

You might try Gamer's Haven, just off N. Academy, they do some Battletech traffic, but not the card game. Hobbytown has a fairly decent supply of mechs, also for the board game.

As for the card game, you'll be hard pressed to find people with it being out of print, but I still have to go out there every now and then, perhaps we could meet for a game at the Haven or something when next I'm out there.

Been a long time since I was there last; don't go down there very often, anymore. I get back to work I'll have to see if I can start that again.

#26 OfTheDark

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 179 posts
  • LocationOh...you know...

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:16 PM

The pride of my collection was a Dire Wolf. Overheat 6: +6 Attack...get a red line pilot in it and go to town. :D

And like Odanan said: Jade Falcons - Missles & Long Range. Gun straight for thier stockpile and casualties be damned. ;)

This was when I first got into gaming in general in high school. I wonder if those decks were ever any good or we were all just bad. :(

#27 Isaac Dealer

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:26 PM

My favorite card in that game was, Saturation Bombing - "If brute force doesn't work, you're obviously not using enough." Now I need to go digging to see if I can find mine anywhere.

#28 LuisPa

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCosta Rica

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:37 PM

View PostVincent Vascaul, on 02 May 2012 - 12:30 PM, said:

We could get a Web Cam league going.

Fantastic idea!!!! I'm in :(

#29 Koshiro Wraith Michaels

• PipPip
  • Heishi
  • Heishi
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:51 PM

View PostLuisPa, on 02 June 2012 - 08:37 PM, said:

Fantastic idea!!!! I'm in :(

Me too

#30 AceTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • Location春日部市、埼玉県、日本; アメリカ: Arcadia, CA

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:53 PM

I wanna Practice before a Cam League lol. Don't want to embarass myself

#31 AceTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • Location春日部市、埼玉県、日本; アメリカ: Arcadia, CA

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:48 PM

W00t just came up on a Mech Warrior Box. Crusade and Commander's left

#32 FeederOfRavens

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:31 AM

OH MY GOD! I miss this game so much! AAAHHH!

Seriously, though, congrats! It's awesome that you found them.

#33 MightyRando

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationWakonda, SD, USA

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:58 AM

I had a hard time getting into this game. But then again, when this came out, so many others were also out at the time, and it was expensive to keep up. In the late '90s I was into Magic, Rage, Star Wars, Star Trek, and BTech. Couldn't keep up with them all, and my friends were all either loosing interest in CCGs or moving away. I still play Magic once in a while, but that's about it. Still have most of my cards from those others, but just have no need for them.

#34 Glendel

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:30 PM

I would give anything for the heyday of this game to be upon us again. Of all my gaming experiences, TT to CCG to Clix this was my favorite and most missed game. Have thousands upon thousands of cards sitting behind me right now in a box. Every set and my tournament decks. Dang I miss this game. ;)

Glendel

#35 DrLippy

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:10 PM

I miss this game as well. Unfortunately, I do not have any of the cards anymore. If anyone is looking to get sell theirs, please let me know what you have and what you want. Thanks.

#36 alexander wolf

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:36 PM

does anyone have a full complete set of commander ed they would like to part with ??
i never got much from the set and would just like to finish off the lot .

#37 Evinthal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 660 posts
  • LocationGig Harbor, Wa

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:55 PM

View PostGauss, on 31 March 2012 - 02:11 PM, said:

I use to play this with a bunch of people who were stationed at the local Air Force Base where I lived. They moved and I haven't been able to find anyone local to play with in a long time. I still have a bunch of decks set up. I miss playing that game.... Wish we could get an electronic version of it like we do for Magic (Don't play that one, so don't ask, lol).

Gauss, try these:

Apprentice: http://apprentice.nu/
LackeyCCG: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LackeyCCG

Apprentice had a Battletech CCG conversion for it last I checked a couple of years ago, and I just found out about LackeyCCG today while searching for info on virtual ccg software.

Might be worth looking into. :)

#38 Tamad

Rookie

• The Flame
  • 5 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:17 PM

Really loved this game back in the day, even after dabbling in a bit of Magic. Ended up making a deck for almost every faction but my fav is a fluffy Wolf's Dragoon Zeta Battalion deck which consisted solely of assault mechs.

#39 Nathalanti

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:16 PM

I live in New Zealand and got lucky, I bought about 3 boxes of the green bordered set (thinking it's the commander edition) and got probably 7 boxes of Merc's for $10 NZ (about $7 USD) each due to shops discontinuing the product. Over the last few years I've bought up every pack / card available that I've seen, sadly no-one else plays so I've got tonnes of mostly useless cards.

Found out some tourney rules that messed up a deck of mine, probably didn't affect most people. Things like no more than 6 of any card in one deck except basic resources.

Most fearsome deck I ever made was all about the urbanmechs. Horrid little slow things but with an AC10 each it means they have damage. Tubby and tough for really cheap, just used 18 with the variants and other similar cheap mechs, kill people before they got a mech out, some cheap tactics and pilots to do more damage. Sadly their was never a CCG Tourney in my country to support the game.

If people want I'll post up some funny decklists aswell.

Edited by Nathalanti, 18 September 2012 - 10:16 PM.

#40 rainwalkers

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:22 AM

I live in Germany and at the time only one place I knew of had battletech stuff. I remember going into the store with a friend and seeing the display case at the counter. After buying one booster pack I bought another , then another, and so on till the display case was empty. I ordered with buddy a whole display case, just like kids we torn into the display case trying to find the cards we each wanted. He was a Falcon fan and I was a Wolf. In the end we had over 4 display cased between us. I had sold the cards years later after my buddy left the country. Wished more people where playing the game around here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users