Closed beta testers, reunite before Open Beta!

598 replies to this topic

#141 Tyr Falas

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:46 PM

Let us welcome the new players with open arms (and missile pods)! Though pubstomps aren't really my thing.

#142 Naitsirch

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:47 PM

Hey, i send people into x-ray-chambers and MRI-tubes for a living - guess that qualifies me for joining with a gaussback + SLas in the head

;)

#143 Jayce Noble

Rookie

• Heishi-ni
  • Heishi-ni
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:49 PM

Add please! ;)

#144 BFett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • LocationA galaxy far far away...

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:53 PM

Well I made a post to help let people know what features to expect on the first day of open beta. I would like to see it pinned for a month or two but either way I think new players should see it.

#145 Chamcham

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:56 PM

Add me ;)

#146 RyKay

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:56 PM

RyKay reporting in. Just waiting for the collision to be readded.

#147 Desertpacrat

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:58 PM

add me

#148 Kelderian

• Pip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:58 PM

Kelderian, reporting in, GMT+1

#149 dunkov

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:01 PM

Add me to the list please.

#150 TheUnfortunate1

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:02 PM

Add me as well. i have only been playing closed beta for a few weeks, but iv learned alot so far. And im a seasoned mechwarrior vet. when mechwarrior 2 3 and 4 came out, i played the crap out of them. btw this is my first post ;). Iv been reading the forums for months but i never bothered to post lol. Anyways i wouldnt mind some real team work with pre made lances, im tired of people doing there own thing and getting stomped into a muddy puddle becaues three people on my team are afk or go lone wolf and die.

#151 Thell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 176 posts

Ohhhhhh, cool kids club! ;)

#152 Leppard

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 42 posts
  • LocationUK

Add me mate sounds good

#153 Sean Drake

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:05 PM

Why not.

#154 Antares Fortune

Rookie

• Overlord
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:05 PM

Add me.

#155 G_zero

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSin City

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:07 PM

same here

#156 Countess

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 121 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:09 PM

I definitely did not expect such a strong answer from the Closed Beta Community. I wrote down more than 150 names and also added each one of them in MWO. So yeah, pretty hard work!

#157 plodder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 996 posts
  • Locationbetwixt the seen and heard, underneath the upperhanded, above the underhanded. Sunlit with a cloudy background.

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:12 PM

View PostAdrienne Vorton, on 28 October 2012 - 12:05 PM, said:

as soon as there is the possibility to make custom matches 1:1, 2:2 or what ever fits the needs, it might be a nice idea to build a MechWarrior Academy... something like a "starters clan" that picks young, interested MechWarriors up to lead them the way for the first steps...

at least a section in the forums, where people can arrange trainings and all that ... came to my mind pretty early in the CBT ^^

Yes, it would be nice. Has anyone visited the training grounds? Maybe a training cadre of several merc units,great houses, and Lone Wolf members combine time and talents to such an endevoure? Then the cadets would have a feel and real interaction with the various sects, some knowledge to make a clear choice for the path they will trod. I believe the forum "Outreach" would be the perfect place for this for Canon reasons, as well as other practicalities. thanks, uncle danno

Edited by plodder, 28 October 2012 - 03:14 PM.

#158 Dsiom157

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:13 PM

You can add me too ;)

#159 GriefHard

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 160 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:17 PM

I think this is a really stupid idea! Just like some in this thread already said. Why would you want to keep new players out of the game and making it a bad experience for them? I for myself am willing to help new players, get into that game, learn tactics and make it a good experience, so that a lot of new players get to really like that game in the end.

It is very easy to kill a new player, that doesn't even know, how things work. It is barely explained. And please remember, you were there once, also!

So, please, don't add me, unless you want to help out new people enjoying the game. All the others: Have fun with these kills, that don't mean anything in the end!

#160 offBeatjet

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:19 PM

View PostDoctorDigital, on 28 October 2012 - 03:17 PM, said:

I think this is a really stupid idea! Just like some in this thread already said. Why would you want to keep new players out of the game and making it a bad experience for them? I for myself am willing to help new players, get into that game, learn tactics and make it a good experience, so that a lot of new players get to really like that game in the end.

It is very easy to kill a new player, that doesn't even know, how things work. It is barely explained. And please remember, you were there once, also!

So, please, don't add me, unless you want to help out new people enjoying the game. All the others: Have fun with these kills, that don't mean anything in the end!

View PostDoctorDigital, on 28 October 2012 - 03:17 PM, said:

amen my brother

24 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 24 guests, 0 anonymous users