House Kurita mech academy training program ... feedback requested!

48 replies to this topic

Poll: DCMS academy program system/setup? (149 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you choose to attend the DCMS academy?

1. Yes, of course, as it will be exciting and I will be rewarded with additional XP, C-bills and a higher House Kurita rank within my unit( depending on my performance)! (117 votes [78.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 78.52%

2. No, because I want to get into MWO 'instant action' right away and I am experienced enough to play MWO without a previous training. Besides, I do not want to pass the time-consuming academy training and I have no need for additional start-up be... (11 votes [7.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.38%

3. Maybe, but ... (21 votes [14.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.09%

How should the mech pilot academy performance be evaluated?

1. All stages, except for the initial one (mech functions' explanation/training) should be rated! (59 votes [25.65%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.65%

2. Only the final stage ('Trial of Position') should be evaluated! (28 votes [12.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.17%

3. I will not be attending the DCMS academy, thus, I do not really care! (5 votes [2.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.17%

4. Extra XP, C-bills and a higher DCMS rank should be given to an academy graduate based on his training score! (50 votes [21.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.74%

5. Extra XP, and C-bills should be given to an academy graduate based on his training score! (18 votes [7.83%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.83%

6. Extra XP should be given to an academy graduate based on his training score! (11 votes [4.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.78%

7. Extra C-bills and a higher DCMS rank should be given to an academy graduate based on his training score! (5 votes [2.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.17%

8. Extra XP and a higher DCMS rank should be given to an academy graduate based on his training score! (11 votes [4.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.78%

9. A higher DCMS rank should be given to an academy graduate based on his training score! (16 votes [6.96%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.96%

10. There should be no benefits (but personal training experience) for those who attend the DCMS academy training program! (27 votes [11.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.74%

How would you prefer the 'Trial of Position' to be like?

1. 2 mechs (myself and an allied NPC mech under my command) against 6 enemy NPC mechs! (26 votes [11.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.71%

2. Just my mech and I against 3 enemy NPC mechs! (58 votes [26.13%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.13%

3. I will not be taking the 'Trial of Position'-like test since I will not enroll in the DCMS academy! (9 votes [4.05%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.05%

4. My choice of mech model for the 'Trial of Position'! (49 votes [22.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.07%

5. A randomly assigned mech for the 'Trial of Position'! (17 votes [7.66%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.66%

6. Grouping of one's own mech(s) with randomly assigned enemy NPC ones of the same weight class for the 'Trial of Position'! (42 votes [18.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.92%

7. Grouping of one's own mech(s) with randomly assigned enemy NPC ones of different weight classes for the 'Trial of Position'! (21 votes [9.46%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.46%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Ryuu Tetsuhara

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationLuthien, Draconis Combine capital

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:35 PM

At the moment I have my doubts that there will be a training academy of some sort, at least not for Founders in the Beta phase.

Possibly, there will be a short introduction to weapons and game controls once MWO starts officially ... perhaps, similar to the implementation in previous MechWarrior games???

A comment a bit off-topic: I am a bit surprised that the purchase of the Elite Founders Package (possibly, the same for Veteran founders as I assume that they need to purchase a mech with in-game currency, before testing it, to play the game) is the proverbial "pig in a poke", since one cannot test drive any of the mechs before selecting the one founder mech and paying for it, thus, not knowing which one will suit them the best and if the game will be to one's liking (alright, admittedly the latter is an askant approach and taking that risk can be expected by the buyer since there are plenty of options to get an idea, whether or not one will like the game). Of course, it can be argued that one can always buy the Legendary Founder's Package but there is not only a greater financial burden associated with it but it would question the function of the Elite Founder's Package at the same time. Overall, I wish the developers would have provided a very basic mech type testing scenario for anyone who intends to purchase a Elite(/Veteran) Founder's Package ... possibly, being able to pilot each of these mech types for half a minute before switching to the next one (i.e. starting with the Jenner, then piloting the Hunchback, followed by steering the Catapult, and finally commanding the Atlas) to ensure it is not a lasting MWO experience, but just to quickly get a feel of the different mech models and, thereby, assisting in choosing the right mech type for oneself ... well, I guess I am asking for too much :D .

Edited by Ryuu Tetsuhara, 06 August 2012 - 12:41 PM.

#42 torgian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 283 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:00 PM

I like this idea a lot.

#43 Xavier Storm

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5 posts
  • LocationUndisclosed- Rimward of Antallos (Port Kirin)

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:11 PM

I think the concept is brilliant & would be happy with any of the (poll) results listed if they were used for/in academy implementation. I personally tried to vote in what I thought was a more realistic, subdued manner.
For example: I don't think handing out large wads of free cash to every (even top of class) graduating military academic is particularly realistic, especially in an empire that encompasses many hundreds of worlds, but some form of experience above & beyond that of the 'un-enlightened' or less rigidly educated (in my opinion) would be.
The issue of recieving advanced rank above and beyond that of a standard 'Line-officer' is also a no-brainer, military academy graduates have been recieving such in hundreds of cultures for centuries (or in the case of the year 3049; "..for millenia".)

-Good Hunting

Edited by Xavier Storm, 08 August 2012 - 01:05 AM.

#44 Dustin Nagasawa

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationPesht Military District

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:28 PM

It will be very interesting to see where this idea leads, but I see no point in speculating just yet.

#45 torgian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 283 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:05 PM

If anything, implement it for a player merc unit.

#46 Bjorn Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 212 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:59 PM

Just experienced my first in-game MWO Banzai charge. You Kuritans and your suicide charges....

#47 Gattling Fenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 589 posts
  • LocationOverheating in front of a Timberwolf

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:21 AM

View PostBjorn Bekker, on 22 August 2012 - 09:59 PM, said:

Just experienced my first in-game MWO Banzai charge. You Kuritans and your ******* charges....

They're the BT equivalent of Leroy Jenkins. Scream a lot, rush at something, die, do it all again.

Nothing like sitting there in an Atlas sipping champagne while you slaughter dozens of hapless idiots in Dragons. :D

Edited by Gattling Fenn, 03 September 2012 - 12:21 AM.

#48 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:39 AM

I love Atlai- the slow movement is perfect to line up my K2 shots and blast your CT.

#49 Gattling Fenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 589 posts
  • LocationOverheating in front of a Timberwolf

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:30 PM

View PostLord Ikka, on 03 September 2012 - 03:39 AM, said:

I love Atlai- the slow movement is perfect to line up my K2 shots and blast your CT.

Implying we don't have enough armor on one of our atlases to armor an entire heavy lance from any other House.

You can peck at our mechs all you want, but the fact of the matter is, we carry enough ammo to start a small war in South America, and when we're within firing range, prepare for a world of hurt.

Posted Image

Edited by Gattling Fenn, 08 September 2012 - 08:49 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users