56 replies to this topic

#21 DisasterTheory

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 371 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:49 PM

View PostTheCyberwolfe, on 01 November 2012 - 07:35 PM, said:

Unfortunately, I'm still seeing ridiculously low frame rates - like 22FPS standing completely still with no mechs in view, and down to 5 or 6 FPS in combat. I have tried these solutions and others, and even running with all graphics settings at minimum, it stinks.

Stats: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on AMD Athlon X2 4400+ with 6GB of RAM. Video being handled by a GeForce GT 440 on GF108 GPU w/1GB dedicated memory.

You should be happy your getting atleast 22 FPS on that system. The CPU is only a 2.2Ghz and the Graphics card is barly worthy of running an office computer in a customer service cubical.

#22 Kalten Siduri

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:45 AM

View PostBLOODREDSINGLE, on 01 November 2012 - 09:49 PM, said:

You should be happy your getting atleast 22 FPS on that system. The CPU is only a 2.2Ghz and the Graphics card is barly worthy of running an office computer in a customer service cubical.

Don't you think that's a little unkind Blood?
People who advertise their system specs in the sig area of their posts really need to take a reality check before slagging off other people's rigs.
Perhaps that system is all Cyber can afford, so instead of being a full **********, perhaps some constructive help and advise would be more in order.

Cyber....you're system is on the slower side of things, that much is true. If you can afford to I recommend a grpahics card upgrade in the short term, and then loook to see if you can afford to upgrade the CPU, motherboard and RAM at a later date.
Perhaps look to something like the nVidia 650Ti - it's got great performance for a good price tag...look out though as the 650 (non Ti) is about half the power.

If you want any advise on upgrading your rig feel free to PM me.

As for your immediate concern with performance - keep things on the lower end of the scale and make sure that the game is the only App you are running on your PC.

#23 AC Rimak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 241 posts
  • LocationAarhus, Denmark

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:52 AM

Honestly I have a pretty solid machine with gtx 560Ti 8gigs of ram and 6 core proc, hovewer when I'm streaming the game I have enormous FPS drops in battles up to 5FPS using Low settings.
And I can stream latest games on highest settings no prob, but MWO just fails in performance.

When I'm not streaming the battle FPS usually stays around 18-20 which i consider very low also.

Edited by AC Rimak, 02 November 2012 - 03:54 AM.

#24 Cest7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,781 posts
  • LocationMaple Ditch

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:21 AM

Can't even keep frames with everything on low

#25 Inveramsay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • LocationStar's End

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:49 AM

View PostBLOODREDSINGLE, on 01 November 2012 - 09:45 PM, said:

Yesterday I piloted my mech behind the waterfall inside the cave on Forest Colony and suddenly my 8-core, GTX580 8GB DDR3 system studdered to a rediculous 4 frames per-second. As soon as I managed to remove myself from behind the waterwall my frames went back to normal.

Pretty much the same for me, I get maybe 15 fps though.

I tried the different solutions but I'm not convinced any of them did anything for me. I do get mostly playable frame rates in the mid 30s but it'd be nice if game used all of the gpu power available as 60 fps is a lot smoother.

#26 Nachocheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 328 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:04 AM

Max settings and lowest settings dont change fps for me, its allways at 19-22 since this update, last version they wjere at 33-39.
also noticed that my gpu doesnt get above 30 % load.

#27 Akhael

• PipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 32 posts
  • LocationPérigord Noir

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:29 AM

lucky you , since open beta my GPU load doesn't go under 99%, even in mechlab, which gives me 6-9 fps and an unplayable game :/

#28 Crashking

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 75 posts
  • LocationIn Game

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:35 AM

View PostTheCyberwolfe, on 01 November 2012 - 07:35 PM, said:

Unfortunately, I'm still seeing ridiculously low frame rates - like 22FPS standing completely still with no mechs in view, and down to 5 or 6 FPS in combat. I have tried these solutions and others, and even running with all graphics settings at minimum, it stinks.

Stats: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on AMD Athlon X2 4400+ with 6GB of RAM. Video being handled by a GeForce GT 440 on GF108 GPU w/1GB dedicated memory.

I'm right here with you on system spec's. Running Athlon 64x2 4600, but down to only 2G ram, and using Radeon 5670. I've managed to use the low settings here and eek out about 20 some FPS, but I do drop to 8-11 FPS when in combat area's. In the ATI drivers I have turned everything over towards performance. I've even went and through my BIOS cranked it into overclock mode (Not something I was looking to do really as my CPU runs hot enough as it was in normal.)

After doing some research on web I did find a couple sites to help me compare CPU information - trying to make apples to apples.

This one is nice for giving comparisons if you're looking to upgrade CPU and trying to see what the new ones will come out like: http://www.anandtech...duct/102?vs=147 Although making sense of all the numbers in benchmarks can be quite difficult.

This site give a nice breakdown of CPU's in terms of comparing them at different power levels and is where I was able to see where we stood on the hierarchy. http://www.tomshardw...ock,3106-5.html This site let me compare the system requirements that were posted for MWO to my CPU and showed they weren't quite there but I'm still able to get logged in and run matches, which while aren't super perfect, it gives me a way to examine the game.

View PostKalten Siduri, on 02 November 2012 - 03:45 AM, said:

Cyber....you're system is on the slower side of things, that much is true. If you can afford to I recommend a grpahics card upgrade in the short term, and then loook to see if you can afford to upgrade the CPU, motherboard and RAM at a later date.
Perhaps look to something like the nVidia 650Ti - it's got great performance for a good price tag...look out though as the 650 (non Ti) is about half the power.

If you want any advise on upgrading your rig feel free to PM me.

As for your immediate concern with performance - keep things on the lower end of the scale and make sure that the game is the only App you are running on your PC.

Now I can't quite say where TheCyberwolfe's GPU (Graphics card) ranks, but I was using some tools pointed out in the forums here (GPU-z, and MSI Afterburner) to play around/monitor graphics memory use and GPU load finding that my card did quite seem to get maxed out or even near close when playing MWO. But as I stated above, doing a bit of overclock to my CPU did raise my FPS in game. So I would say if he was looking to upgrade, its more along the line of CPU power that is needed as I've read that GPU's can hit a ceiling and be limited by the CPU (which seemed to be my case here).

Not knowing some additional spec's there TheCyberwolfe (but suspecting you cpu might be a 989 pin base) it would seem like a new CPU, MB, RAM (likely) would be in the future. The funny part is that I have been going thru the forums here and reading how many others even with better gear than us are having a variety of similar issues. My point of view at the moment is hang back on upgrades see how things develop.

Edited by Crashking, 02 November 2012 - 07:38 AM.

#29 Joe Kid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 205 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:12 AM

I was in a match last night with a pilot who had created a RAM drive on his system which gave him a huge FPS boost and fixed the memory leak issue. Can anyone confirm that this would work? Because RAM is cheap these days. ;-)

#30 Sand Lantern

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 70 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:26 PM

View PostGL Chozo4, on 01 November 2012 - 12:17 AM, said:

You may need to edit the profile path using 'Nvidia Inspector' with the newer drivers to get the profile properly working and detecting the game. The profile supplied points to the old 'launcher.exe' executable and 'adding' the game using the Nvidia Control Panel will not enable ambient occlusion support.

I guess I don't understand exactly how this works. I have the beta drivers installed and the correct launcher, but it still doesn't allow me to pick ambient occlusion support. What am I missing?

#31 GL Chozo4

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 87 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:14 PM

View PostSand Lantern, on 02 November 2012 - 05:26 PM, said:

I guess I don't understand exactly how this works. I have the beta drivers installed and the correct launcher, but it still doesn't allow me to pick ambient occlusion support. What am I missing?
The profile that enables it is the one at fault here provided by nvidiaas it's pointing to the wrong file. Previously the game launcher was named 'launcher.exe' and has since been changed to 'MWOClient.exe'. I will put up a pictoral guide up for you shortly on fixing this blunder by nvidia. Simply by 'adding' it will not work as it's only enabled by a pre-made profile provided by nvidia.

EDITED IN:
TO start, you will need 2 things...
1) Edited MWO-Online Nvidia Default Profile
2) NVIDIA Inspector 1.0.6.6

Then the following needs to be done...

Install Nvidia INspector and then launch it.
You will be presented with a screen similar to this:

Posted Image

Then follow the numbers in order.
1) Select the MechWarrior Online Profile listing.
2) Import the downloaded profile which has been edited with the correct launcher names.
3) Apply Changes

Posted Image

Now close nvidia inspector after applying the changes and open your Nvidia Control Panel. MechWarrior Online should now be available and shown as 'detected' with ambient occlusion 'supported' (and editable) in the game listing.

Hopefully I made this simple enough for one to figure out without flooding with too many images.

Edited by GL Chozo4, 02 November 2012 - 07:30 PM.

#32 WMHorus

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 24 posts
  • LocationBrighton, England

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:00 AM

Thanks GL Chozo4 That helped has slightly upped my frame rate . Wish we had access to the CB form as game is almost unplayable at mo with old work around`s i could get 20-30 FPS now I'm lucky if i get 20FPS.
I have a older graphics card but is should run this game fine every other game i got runs in full res fine with high frame rates lets hope they do a patch soon that improves the game engine.
Would put money on the game but not till its playable and will have 2 spend the money on a new graphics card if it don't improve so Piranha will lose out.
So want 2 play i love the game.

#33 Sand Lantern

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 70 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:22 PM

Thanks GL Chozo. The quide was very straight forward to follow.

One quick question for you. What did you have to change in the file in order for it to get the right path. I was unable to find anything that related to executable name or path in the configuration thing.

#34 GL Chozo4

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 87 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:26 PM

View PostSand Lantern, on 03 November 2012 - 01:22 PM, said:

Thanks GL Chozo. The quide was very straight forward to follow.

One quick question for you. What did you have to change in the file in order for it to get the right path. I was unable to find anything that related to executable name or path in the configuration thing.
To change the executables/paths I had to use the 'export profile' option to an NIP file and edited it in notepad. It's nothing more than a simple XML-Structured File as shown...
Posted Image

Just need to edit the <string></string> fields as marked to edit the executable name and/or path (using backslash in paths). You can add as many as you wish with one entry per <string></string> set. Then after simply save with your edits and import into Nvidia inspector as desired.

Edited by GL Chozo4, 03 November 2012 - 02:27 PM.

#35 DisasterTheory

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 371 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:35 AM

View PostKalten Siduri, on 02 November 2012 - 03:45 AM, said:

Don't you think that's a little unkind Blood?
People who advertise their system specs in the sig area of their posts really need to take a reality check before slagging off other people's rigs.
Perhaps that system is all Cyber can afford, so instead of being a full **********, perhaps some constructive help and advise would be more in order.

I fail to see how my response was unkind.... And the reason I have my System Specs in my sig is so that when I do come here to inform the devs about lag as I did in this thread.. they can see my system specs in my Sig and know its not my machine. To me he seemed as if he was expecting MWO.. you know... this NEW game made in 2012 to run smooth as butter on his 6 year old machine ...... Excuse me for pointing out the obvious.

Edited by BLOODREDSINGLE, 04 November 2012 - 01:38 AM.

#36 Adrienne Vorton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:51 AM

after the last patch i suffer drom the following...(sorry if mentioned, but i just woke up and can´t read too much before my coffee^^)

after a few hours of playing - always on frozen city though - my framerates drop drastically... feels like especially close to buildings around the dropship/ ridge area (both sides) it´s even more, but it´s generally unplayable with 0.5 fps or less^^

the next match after that happens, won´t load properly, blackscreen with upflashing "MechWarrior2-ish" cockpit/ UI ^^ (those pictures appear for a few seconds and disappear after that) ...

i hope that PGI gets this fixed, since it only happened after the last patch, aside from 2 CTD´s i had no issues with the patch before (or the engine upgrade)...

Edited by Adrienne Vorton, 04 November 2012 - 01:57 AM.

#37 Sand Lantern

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:31 AM

View PostGL Chozo4, on 03 November 2012 - 02:26 PM, said:

To change the executables/paths I had to use the 'export profile' option to an NIP file and edited it in notepad. It's nothing more than a simple XML-Structured File as shown...
Posted Image

Just need to edit the <string></string> fields as marked to edit the executable name and/or path (using backslash in paths). You can add as many as you wish with one entry per <string></string> set. Then after simply save with your edits and import into Nvidia inspector as desired.

Ah ha! Easy as a lion. Thanks for all your help, that makes everything a lot more clear to me :)

#38 The Bleyz

• Pip
  • Gunsho-ni
  • Gunsho-ni
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:29 PM

I don't know if this will help anyone, but when I installed and ran gamebooster 3 my game's fps was pretty stable. I hope this helps if not then sorry.

#39 LethalKisses

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 38 posts
  • Locationdark side of the moon

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:45 AM

i have been having an issue with after a few games .. lagg would increase , then on countdown in-game .. screen would flash black and finally remain black. Sometime alt-tab would bring the screen back, sometimes not.

So anyway.. after waiting 2 weeks to see if there wasa fix (not) i finally emailed support... they promptly told me that my FX card was too weak. so now a new FX card is to be delivered from newegg.. *sigh* (GTX 650) not a pwerhouse .. but hoped it would fix the problem. Was fine 3 weeks ago.. *sigh*

upgraded from 9800GTS btw... which has been fine before..

#40 Tarn Lochaber

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:49 AM

A little background:

Intel Core 2 Duo E8500
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
WinXP
4Gbytes

And to the main issue, within 6 matches, framerate will drop to 4 and stay there unless i quit the game and restart it.

I have tried all help that have been mentioned in this thread, none worked.

CPU load was acceptable, nothing wrong on GPU as well, no heat problems either BUT watching memory commit charge in windows task manager was absurdly high and i mean ABSURDLY HIGH. Just for the kick of it i tried once alt+tab out of the game and it immediately CTD.

Oh yeah, any other game with high settings have not given me this many problems. Even skyrim can run with high fps.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users