OOC: Solaris RPG

1745 replies to this topic

#61 Durgan Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 103 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:08 AM

You got it I'll process through and find somewere to put my ad thanks. so can i go ahead and post?

Edited by Durgan Carlyle, 05 April 2012 - 04:53 AM.

#62 Gozer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 368 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:10 AM

View PostDurgan Carlyle, on 05 April 2012 - 04:08 AM, said:

You got it I'll process through and find somewere to put my ad thanks. so can i go ahead and post?

I'd await Thom's final word. :mellow:

#63 Gozer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 368 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:54 AM

Now for my "different" character. :mellow:

Name: Joe “The Mountain” Monagan
Callsign: The Mountain
Date of Birth/Age: December 9th, 2980. 51 years old.
Current Mech: Shadowhawk SHD-2H
Posted Image
House Affiliation: Kurita through marriage
Military History:
2996 Entered the Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces (Armored Corps)
3000 Transferred in to the Quartermaster Corps until retiring from the Lyran Forces
3002 Retired from Lyran Armed forces and began working for Dragon Salvage and Repair
3004 Entered Solaris Tournament circuit to promote Dragon Salvage and Repair
3008 Made it to the finals of the Solaris Championship
3010 Was nearly killed during a championship qualifying match, retired from the games.
3011 Became a commentator for the number 3 Solaris Vid Broadcast.

Physical Description: A large man, 6’1” and 330lbs, Joe has let himself go from his “fighting weight” of old but still keeps himself clean and presentable. While most of the time his deep lumbering bass voice is what people know and remember of him, his occasional vid broadcasts show his oily black hair cut short like and his square jaw with a neatly trimmed goatee.

Open Background: Joe was a typical young man, full of vim and vigor and the desire to knock heads. He ended up in the Commonwealth Armed Forces and fought in a few battles in an LRM carrier but he wasn’t really happy with his time in the support roles he kept finding himself in. (He always blamed it on his size.)

He finished out his required service time in the Quartermaster Corps which let him make some contacts on Solaris VII during the height of the Third Succession War. Getting out while the getting was good he found himself a small scrap and repair company who were doing a decent job staying afloat in the volatile Solaris VII games.

After a two years of salvaging and tweaking Joe finally got his chance to “knock heads” by entering the games himself, his old salvaged Shadow Hawk didn’t do well at first as Joe found out how hard it was to go from Salvaging and watching Mechs fight than to actually fight them. After a few years in the trenches he finally managed to start winning matches, even getting so far as getting into the final match of the Solaris Championship.

While he never won any planet-wide championships he won several divisional championships and was well known and regarded through the league when a faulty ejector seat shot him into the roof of his Warhammer during a heavy championship battle. He barely survived the encounter and constantly berates the “Stick armed behemoths” whenever he has a chance.
He might have become just like any other has been mech pilot on Solaris if it wasn’t for his boisterous personality and rumbling bass voice that made him perfect for being a color commentator during bouts. Thanks in no small part to the work and connections of his wife Sharyn he was able to start working for the third largest broadcasting network on Solaris, the Solaris Broadcasting Network (SBN) mostly used him for local color commentary on the lower tier games in the Kurita district but he’s been known to make it to the “big games” if some mech pilot he was following had gone “all the way.”

At fifty-one he is a minor Solaris celebrity who enjoys a decent life in the Kobe district of Solaris city.

Deep Background: GM Only. <_<

Edited by Gozer, 05 April 2012 - 06:55 AM.

#64 Thom Frankfurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:22 PM

View PostGozer, on 05 April 2012 - 06:10 AM, said:

I'd await Thom's final word. :lol:

I approve!

#65 Janitor101

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 307 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

View PostThom Frankfurt, on 05 April 2012 - 04:22 PM, said:

I approve!

Of whom? Cause that reply of Gozer's was to Durgan.

#66 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:55 PM

View PostJanitor101, on 05 April 2012 - 04:42 PM, said:

Of whom? Cause that reply of Gozer's was to Durgan.

Yeah I approve. It seems with his disire to start a group, and the LOKI chick's agenda we're gonna have a gladiator stable quick...

OH yeah, and great posts guys!!!! And a special thank you to Gozer for doing such an awesome job.

#67 Durgan Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 103 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:01 PM

Posted Image
Mass 50 tons Chassis Corean Model 9C Armor Starshield Engine Magna 250 Communications System Corean Transband-J9 Speed 86.4 km/h Jump Jets None Armament
Figure since Gozer showed off his I might as well two

#68 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:40 PM

View PostDurgan Carlyle, on 05 April 2012 - 06:01 PM, said:

Posted Image
Mass 50 tons Chassis Corean Model 9C Armor Starshield Engine Magna 250 Communications System Corean Transband-J9 Speed 86.4 km/h Jump Jets None Armament Figure since Gozer showed off his I might as well two

No fair I don't have a toy yet... And very decent mech btw.... I'm just not a fan of missiles as a main weapon. Too random IMO

Edited by Thom Frankfurt, 05 April 2012 - 06:41 PM.

#69 Durgan Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 103 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:44 PM

I like range support but I've started to like light mechs so I might have to switch it up sometime if I do I'll clear it through you guys first, got my first post up hope its decent.

#70 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:18 PM

Not bad Uncle moneybags! lol.

Well I'm sure you can sell the Trenchbucket off easily enough. What light mech you have in mind?

#71 Durgan Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 103 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:22 PM

I always had a preference towards the Raven reminds me of my years playing MW4 mercs I want a mech I can either run the battlefield maybe something with C3 Master or other support tools like narc or tag hehe.

#72 VEDRFOLNIR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationMidwest USA

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:25 PM

Recruiting is closed, eh? Rats. Ah well, I'll definitely enjoy reading the RP! :lol:

#73 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:32 PM

Sorry Vedrfolnir. I'm spending all my free time reading through post, pms, and emails... atop of trying to do my own post and working crazy hours... But I'm glad your enjoying it.

#74 VEDRFOLNIR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationMidwest USA

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:33 PM

View PostThom Frankfurt, on 05 April 2012 - 08:32 PM, said:

Sorry Vedrfolnir. I'm spending all my free time reading through post, pms, and emails... atop of trying to do my own post and working crazy hours... But I'm glad your enjoying it.

I've run tabletop RPG games before... trust me, I understand. :lol:

#75 Kevin Kirov

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:01 PM

I'm not pushing it along to fast am I?

#76 Nor Azman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 217 posts
  • LocationPeriphery

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:34 AM

View PostThom Frankfurt, on 03 April 2012 - 06:25 PM, said:

Vulcan Good urban mech, jumps AC2, med laser, flamer, MG .

Have some really good memories of the Vulcan. :lol:

*geeky snort* *geeky snort* Maybe an easter egg. Gozer's nick for his character is 'The Mountain' or maybe the 'The Mountain that Rides'... and Thom's character has disfigurement on his face (a left scar)....*geeky snort* *geeky snort*. Easter Egg! Man, I really wish I could roleplay a bumbling boy servant to the Imp right now. *hands twitchy* :P

Edited by Nor Azman, 06 April 2012 - 12:35 AM.

#77 MacabreDerek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • LocationManitoba

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:45 AM

Had this character from other RPs, only thing that I am worried about is his mech is a Heavy, and dispite it clearly being barely functional, I would rather get an 'ok' to run this character as is before posting. Would love to join, but if the Archer is too heavy I'll just write up a new one (Though I feel Mop-Boy is probably my most 'interesting' and almost comedic characters avalible). Still, if I can get some feedback before I jump in, I'd like to hear it. It's mostly for the cannon of the character that I dont change the mech, but if it is a problem then I would rather not disrupt the RP with haggling over it. Stiff, if anyone thinks this is a character they would like to interact with and dont have a problem with him (or his mech), then it's off to the races :lol:

Name .............................. Rick Turven
Callsign .......................... "Mop-Boy"
Date of Birth .................. July 3, 3004
Battlemech .................... ARC-2R Archer
Affinity ............................ Merc
Rank ............................... Civilian Contractor
Title ................................ Mech Engineer
Current Residence ...... Cockpit of his mech

Physical Description
5'3, 320lbs, Rick is a short fat man who is constantly covered in grease and carries a large wrench. His clothing is torn, typically in a thick over-coat that seems to just as likely been used as a shop-towel. Wearing a cloth skull-cap on his head to hide his balding head, he has soft blue eyes that tell of a gentile natured person who is clearly in the wrong business and in over his head.

History
Rick couldnt tell you much about his childhood except for one thing: He loves Battlemechs. Through out most of his teen years he was finding every little scrap of footage, tech manual and first-hand expirence he could get. His enthusiasim gave him a job mopping floors of a mech bay, while watching the hardened warriors return from galant victories he could only imagine. Eventually his expirence in the bay lead him to getting some more hands-on expirence as he went under the wing of the head engineer, learning to maintain mechs and strip them down and back again.

His enthuisiasim grew over the twenty years he spent cleaning up other people's messes and repairing gyros in damaged battlemechs. Eventually he learned each mech would eventually never return, so he made it his own mission to save any mech he could, the sight of rusting heaps that use to be glorious battlemechs was too much for him. Unfortunetly this would be his undoing from the safty of a mop to a green mech pilot.

An ARC-2R Archer was about to be scrapped after a punctured gyro and faulty electronics eventually left the mech 'non-functional'. Rick pleaded with his superiors that he could get the goliath to walk again, and the sarcastic captian of the former Archer spat 'If you could get that thing standing, I'll let you pilot it yourself, mop-boy'. Rick was having it running laps around the compound by the end of the night.

Unfortunetly because he was not a truely trained or registered mechwarrior, Rick would not see the honour of combat with for his house. The Archer was writen off as 'scrap' however, and Rick somehow got it into his head that it was meant to be, that he would become a mercinary.

However, his days as a mechwarrior are still new, and most of the money he recieves are for giving kids rides and photos than of actual mech piloting. His ARC-2R Archer is still in dis-repair, with no ammo in it's LRM 20s and many holes in it's armour, still having the 'SCRAP' stencil across the chest...

#78 Karel Spaten

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 143 posts
  • LocationHallam

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:48 AM

View PostNor Azman, on 06 April 2012 - 12:34 AM, said:

*geeky snort* *geeky snort* Maybe an easter egg. Gozer's nick for his character is 'The Mountain' or maybe the 'The Mountain that Rides'... and Thom's character has disfigurement on his face (a left scar)....*geeky snort* *geeky snort*. Easter Egg! Man, I really wish I could roleplay a bumbling boy servant to the Imp right now. *hands twitchy* :P

Does this mean nobody spotted my Space: Above and Beyond references?

#79 Nor Azman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 217 posts
  • LocationPeriphery

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:42 AM

*giggle* Chris has just wandered to a strip club.... Its Solaris City baby! :P :lol:

#80 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:46 AM

View PostKevin Kirov, on 05 April 2012 - 09:01 PM, said:

I'm not pushing it along to fast am I?

Nah. That was good. Your post always make me laugh or chuckle...

View PostNor Azman, on 06 April 2012 - 12:34 AM, said:

Dude. Didn't even think about that. :D

Need to order up a custom shaped neuralhelmet that looks like a snarling dog head now.... :rolleyes:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users