#1 Gozer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 368 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:38 PM

Greetings all and welcome to the Out of Character (OCC) thread for the soon to be named Solaris RPG run my Thom and myself.
IC Thread is here: Life and Death: A Mechwarrior's Tale
Original Discussion thread is here.

Here is the character sheet we'd like you to use:
-------------------
Name:
Callsign:
Date of Birth/Age:
Current Mech: (If Any)
House Affiliation: (If Any)
Military History: (How long you've been a Mechwarrior for instance)
Physical Description:
Open Background: (This is the readily available stuff. The stuff most people could look up about your character. Things like place of birth, schooling, etc.)
Deep Background: (This is where you put the skeletons you don't mind the other players knowing about, but the CHARACTER'S should not know unless they found out during the game.)

-------------------------

Notes on character creation:
NO HEAVIES OR ASSAULT MECHS PLEASE! We are starting off with hard scrabble, down on the luck, in the deep dark recesses of the universe kind of people here.
Please give your chracter flaws. We don't need uber people (The clans aren't here yet) we want people who have failings and are interesting as characters.
The game is set in 3031 right after the 4th succession war. Our characters are starting off in Solaris so figure out how your character will be there on their own! This is key one character per player! "Extras" that come and go may be acceptable but don't expect to be calling in your own artillery division or aerospace fighter squadron.

-----

So feel free to post your characters here. NO POSTING IN THE MAIN THREAD (the discussion thread is fine) until you are approved by either Thom or Myself. Thank you and please stick with us as Thom and I are working a lot of 12 hour shifts right now. We'll get it started soon! :)

Edited by Gozer, 04 April 2012 - 03:51 AM.

#2 Gozer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 368 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:53 PM

Some posting rules that will apply to the main thread:

The game will be more than one thread. I like to break things up into "episodes" so you don't have 30 pages to sort through. It also helps keep the players focused as we have "moved on" from this scene to this scene. Please make sure you're posting in the most recent thread for your character.

To help keep things clear every post should have a "Scene Header" like this:

[Outside the Windborne Raven]

Any time your post goes to a new area you'd also do a break with the new area title like this:

[Inside the Windborne Raven]

Sure it's a bit "Script like" but it helps players keep track of where they are. As a GM I will occasionally post location updates (espeically when folks get broken up) which would be like this:

[Inside the Windborne Raven]
Time: 14:44
Characters: Thom, Sloth, Azman

[Outside the Windborne Raven]
Time: 14:44
Characters: Charles, Joe

Again it's part of my job as GM to help move things along and to do that I tend to be a bit **** about it. I tend not to do maps but I can. Though they'd probably be quick Blender images and not pretty Photoshop stuff. (I do 3D modeling)

NO GOD MODDING! NO GOD MODDING! NO GOD MODDING!

What does that mean? Basically it means you can only post about what YOUR person says or does. Don't post reactions or responses from others unless you've worked it out with them here in the OCC thread or through PM's. Basically if your character can't cause it to happen don't post it.

This is god modding:

Bill Badarse walks into the bar and everyone turns to gape in awe at his greatness. He smiles, saunters up to the bar, and kisses Anastasia Allenwise hard on the lips and she starts to slap him, but sinks into the kiss with passion. As their lips part he smiles and yells the barkeep, "A round for everyone!" The bar cheers and gather around him thanking him for his greatness.

As you can see Bill took over any reactions or actions Anastasia might have had, let alone any other player characters that might also be in the bar. It is heavy handed and not very intereactive.

-----------

Please post at least one paragraph

It's pretty simple but if you don't have about four sentences worth of stuff to say/do/think don't post yet.

-----------
Please post at least twice a week

Please keep up the post schedule, we've kept it pretty lax right now if we need to tighten or loosen this rule we will. If you are having real life issues that'll keep you from posting please let us know! We know what that's like! :)

------------
Leave the big things to us

Major story beats are going to come from the GM's so please try to keep from jumping the gun and starting us on things we haven't set-up. :)

I know you guys want to find a hidden Star League era stash but that door could just as easily reveal pirates, grain, or be empty. So please don't give us major things (like a brand new Assault mech), Thom and I are going to be giving you enough to play with don't worry. :)

All rules are subject to editing, rewording, deletion and addition. I'll be sure to pop a flare and let everyone know when changes occur! :)

#3 Aedris Nova

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:47 PM

Name: Akron Aedris (If you notice all my characters will be members of the fictional knightly House of Aedris)
Callsign: Landshark
Date of Birth/Age: 20, Born 6/14/3011
Current Mech: (If Any) Jenner JR7 - K, If that's not possible I'll use a Raptor. The mech was inherited from his Uncle and he has continued to upgrade it since. His uncle named the mech, "The Landshark" and this is where his callsign comes from.

House Affiliation: House Aedris ( which swears fealty to House Davion)

Military History: 12 months ( he is green and he will act like it, but he is intelligent)

Physical Description: Has the same green olive-hazelnut complexion like the rest of his family and dark eyes. While in formal wear, he will be in Black AFFS uniform with the Aedris crest emblazoned on. The Aedris crest consists of a Maroon Shield with the Davion Sun being flanked by two Royal Bengal Tigers. At the bottom of this crest will be a scroll with the phrase "Alea iacta est" - the house motto. Note, this is an extremely tell-tale sign that he is an Aedris, so make sure your character watches out for it.

Open Background: New Avalon Institute of Science - College of Military Science (  Any Aedris will only go to this school or risk being disowned). Is relatively wealthy, but cares little of money. Extremely interested in technology and culture. Is at Solaris with the permission of his wealthy father for summer break. He was the target of organized crime when he was little due to his family's wealth, this drives him to be secretive about his surname from the start.

*SUPER IMPORTANT* He will not introduce himself to anyone outside House Davion as a member of the Aedris household. However, if your character is inquisitive enough, this information can be found without extreme difficulty. He will normally say "Akron, from Nizina"

Deep Background: While on Robinson, Akron witnessed the murder of a barkeep, he feels deeply responsible for the man's death despite the fact that he had no affect. This causes him to make irrational decisions if he feels like it will save lives, almost a sense of atoning for sins.

Edited by Aedris Nova, 03 April 2012 - 04:21 PM.

#4 RogueSpear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts
  • LocationOn the dim edges of the map labelled only: Here be Urbanmechs.

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:56 PM

Name: Mad Jack Churchill. Born Hans James Brackon-Steiner of Caledonia.
Callsign: Vicious. Originally followed by '*******' after the most common description of the vitriolic Mechwarrior, it was shortened when it caused confusion on the 'comms.
DOB/Age: 25th March 2983, 48 years
Current Mech: Preferably a hereditary JM6-S Jaegermech with quad AC-2s with the saved weight going straight to the armour, but if heavies are straight out then he'll pilot an Urbanmech he scrounged through less than moral methods. The Jaegermech lies damaged and awaiting repairs in his mechbay if this is the case.
House Affiliation: Nominally House Steiner, but it varies from day to day. He seeks to 'redeem' himself when hungover and guiltridden, but seeks revenge for what he sees as the 'unfair' treatment he received from his family.
Military History: Trained at NAIS, he graduated at the bottom of his class, though not for lack of talent. The young noble happily frittered away his time on drink, whores and gambling, attending classes only when forced to. Upon graduation, he was pressed into service in the LCAF, transferring from unit to unit, eventually being dishonourably discharged.
Physical Description: Older man with receding black hair and a drooping walrus moustache. He has the appearance of a heavy drinker (Which he is), and is waddling to fat, but the soft coating belies the heavy muscles honed by thirty years of bar fights and assorted other petty violences. His clothing is low quality, ragged and spotted with grease and stains, in a variety of styles. They are clearly worn for comfort and cleaned at convenience.
Open Background: A bitter, angry mercenary down on his luck, 'Mad' Jack Churchill has been floating around the Inner Sphere and periphery for nearly 25 years. He's gained a reputation as a psychotic drunk, and hence earned the 'Mad' part of his moniker, Mad Jack (Little do they know, he chose the name Jack Churchill to gain the nickname). Originally piloting a JM6-S Jagermech, after nearly losing the 'mech in a brutal firefight against the LCAF Hans James Brackon-Steiner once served he has spent the last ten years brooding in his cups about revenge more and more, piloting an UM-R60Urbanmech and gained a feared, if little spread reputation as a devastating urban combat fighter, a lifetime of dark fury rising to the fore, his fierce intellect coupling with his native talent, professional training and experience to ambush, harass, and rubble his current enemy. His R-60's AC-10 is famed for always being on target, and equally famed for refusing to die regardless of how much return fire Mad Jack inevitably fails to dodge in his furious, bloodthirsty rage.
Deep Background: A disinherited and banished son of minor Lyran nobility, he is the offspring of a lower tier Steiner military officer and an Isle of Skye merchant's daughter. Lazy, hot tempered and exceedingly arbitrary in his decision making processes, he was a constant disappointment to his parents. Disinherited following his dishonourable discharge from the LCAF, he stole his father's Jagermech and ran. With nothing to his name but the clothes on his back, the Jagermech and it's ammo, he joined on with the first MercCorp offering him a ticket off planet. He has not returned to the Isle of Skye Federation in 25 years...until today. After ******* off the wrong person, once again, he jumped on the first ship heading out of Davion space - realizing only too late where he was going. But 20 years have passed since the last bounty hunter tried to chase him down for his father's mech, and Solaris VII is famous for it's money making potential...

Edited by RogueSpear, 24 July 2012 - 07:41 PM.

#5 Gozer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 368 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:49 PM

View PostRogueSpear, on 03 April 2012 - 02:56 PM, said:

Current Mech: Preferably a hereditary JM6-S Jaegermech with quad AC-2s with the saved weight going straight to the armour, but if heavies are straight out then he'll pilot an Urbanmech he scrounged through less than moral methods. The Jaegermech lies damaged and awaiting repairs in his mechbay if this is the case.

You know I like this idea that you HAVE a bigger mech, it's just not right now. A kind of comprimise to the desire to not have big mechs "right now" but allowing us as GM's to give you a bigger mech later. Perhaps say you're Urbanmech is a "loaner" (or for fun you "borrowed" since yours is being worked on) while the Jaegermech is getting that mod done? Thom will need to weigh in on this too.

Military History: Trained at NAIS, he graduated at the bottom of his class, though not for lack of talent. The young noble happily frittered away his time on drink, whores and gambling, attending classes only when forced to. Upon graduation, he was pressed into service in the LCAF, transferring from unit to unit, eventually being dishonourably discharged.

A nice way of adding in character. Me like. :)

Deep Background: A disinherited and banished son of minor Lyran nobility, he is the offspring of a lower tier Steiner military officer and an Isle of Skye merchant's daughter. Lazy, hot tempered and exceedingly arbitrary in his decision making processes, he was a constant disappointment to his parents. Disinherited following his dishonourable discharge from the LCAF, he stole his father's Jagermech and ran. With nothing to his name but the clothes on his back, the Jagermech and it's ammo, he joined on with the first MercCorp offering him a ticket off planet. He has not returned to the Isle of Skye Federation in 25 years...until today. After ******* off the wrong person, once again, he jumped on the first ship heading out of Davion space - realizing only too late where he was going. But 20 years have passed since the last bounty hunter tried to chase him down for his father's mech, and Solaris VII is famous for it's money making potential...

Good use of the Deep Background section. Me like. :)

Question, what are the *****'s? Is that the boards filter getting in the way?

#6 Gozer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 368 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:54 PM

View PostAedris Nova, on 03 April 2012 - 01:47 PM, said:

Date of Birth/Age: 20

So 3011? Do you want a birthday?

Current Mech: (If Any) Jenner JR7 - K

Personally I'd like a non losttech/rediscovered tech mech. I'll leave it to Thom for final decision. (I.e. take a 3025 varient but that's my opinion.)

Physical Description: Has the same green olive-hazelnut complexion like the rest of his family and dark eyes

Fine for now, but I hope during the game we'll get more description.

So minus the mech thing I'm ready to approve you. Thom will give final approval. :)

#7 Aedris Nova

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:08 PM

If that's not OK I will be happy to use a Raptor.

#8 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:35 PM

View PostGozer, on 03 April 2012 - 03:49 PM, said:

You know I like this idea that you HAVE a bigger mech, it's just not right now. A kind of comprimise to the desire to not have big mechs "right now" but allowing us as GM's to give you a bigger mech later. Perhaps say you're Urbanmech is a "loaner" (or for fun you "borrowed" since yours is being worked on) while the Jaegermech is getting that mod done? Thom will need to weigh in on this too.

I'm fine with him having the Jaeger, BUT it's down for repairs... MAJOR repairs, i.e. reactor shielding being replaced, still trying to find the correct gyroscope , or waiting for parts to arrive from the manufactuer.. Basicly it's not going to be able to be used for awhile... Those Lyrans have the tendency to shoot back when your chipping away at their uber assaultmech's *snickers* armor.

A nice way of adding in character. Me like. :)

Me too. Remember George Pickett grauduated dead last of his class at WestPoint, and he was the life of the party.

Good use of the Deep Background section. Me like. :)

Me too.

Question, what are the *****'s? Is that the boards filter getting in the way?

Yeah the filters are pretty retarded on here (sorry devs) I mean I can't spell i,diot or j,erk but I can spell badass? Really?

View PostGozer, on 03 April 2012 - 03:54 PM, said:

So 3011? Do you want a birthday?

Could always be a war orphan... mercenary So and So took pitty of the screaming babe that was found sitting on a curb out front of some bombed out apartment building...

Personally I'd like a non losttech/rediscovered tech mech. I'll leave it to Thom for final decision. (I.e. take a 3025 varient but that's my opinion.)

Totally. If your heart is set on picking a Jenner go ahead and pick another one... As far as I know, there's no bad version it.

Don't worry guys, if we play long enough there will be chances of losttech. The 3030's have a big resurgance of tech, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna dress up like Santa and start passing out gauss rifles...

Fine for now, but I hope during the game we'll get more description.

So minus the mech thing I'm ready to approve you. Thom will give final approval. :)
Totally. Nice touch with the character sheet, was gonna use the one from Raven.... Will use yours I like the dark secret portion.

#9 Scarlett Avignon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 913 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:01 PM

Maybe I missed it on the other thread, but what exact year is this taking place? (I'm writing my character bio)

#10 Death Blossom

• PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:04 PM

Name: Seamus Frawley
Callsign: TINT
Date of Birth/Age: 38
Current Mech: Centurion called 'The Mac' (cause it just works and is shiny). Desperately needed armor repairs with no autocannon rounds.
House Affiliation: Steiner
Military History: Started with a family run tank unit. Our Von Luckner shot this centurion in the chest hard enough to jumble up the pilot who decided on the better part of valor and exited his mech instead of being run over.
Physical Description: Average size, but with the strength of ten strong men!!
Open Background: Born into a middle class family on Tharkad. Father slightly connected going into the war, able to get a tank commander's commission. Jumped ship with the mech as soon as possible.
Deep Background: Wanted away from my father and any possible thought of nepotism. Drinks too much, thinks it makes me a better pilot.

#11 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:10 PM

Gozer covered this, but I already had this typed up.

Some simple rules:
I like the idea of placing where your character is at the begining of your post. (Knee deep in filth somewhere in the sewers below the Streets of Solaris)
As for gear I'd like if people would not come into play with a uber assault mech or even a heavy. Remember the numbers of lights and meds far outnumbers the bigger ones. It would add to the awe of bigger mechs Oh and try to keep the gear to the right timeline. Or pull a damned good excuse and story out of your behind...
Limit 1 character for players. (Sorry Sloth) Keeps things simple and keeps people from pulling aerospace support out of their butt at convenient times. I'm not a fan of your PC having a whole entourage. Dispite what you may think, your character ain't Vic Davion and his Super Friends. Dialoge and simple actions between a mechwarrior/aerojock and their chief tech would be acceptable. Though flashbacks would be alright. I suppose.
Oh and I will allow strapping of a light machine gun to the side of your command couch. But if you have to eject things might not come out too nicely. Remember Candance Liao's shoulder got shredded from punching out of her BJ-1 and I'm pretty sure there was no RPD strapped to the side of her chair. Just a thought and warning.

Oh and sorry Charles, but no LAM's. I don't know enough about the damnable goofy things to be comfortable enough to GM a group with them...

I'm sure there's gonna be issues and concerns that pop up. I just hope not all of you try to seek out whatever loopholes Gozer and I may have left in the simple rules listed.

We're all here to RP a Mechwarrior/Battletech story not a three ringed circus. We all love MW/BT so let's show everyone how much we love this universe that someone much more educated (And richer) than I created for all of us to have fun playing with.

Name: DeMarkus Frankfurt
Callsign: Hangman
Battlemech: Dispossessed
Mech of choice: Cataphract
House Affiliation: House Liao (what a surprise!) but ties are strained at best, he did follow Pavel Ridzik off to form the FTR
Date & Place of Birth: March 31st, 2990 New Shiloh, Warlock, Capellan Confederation (Now St. Ives Compact)
Current Residence: Wherever he can rest his head.

Physical Description:
Tall and slim with wiry muscles. Has a gagged scar running down the left side of his face. And his left shoulder is a road map of scar tissue. Partially from injuries he sustained defending Tikonov and also the myomer implant surgury to replace the damaged shoulder muscle. Hazel eyes and reddish brown hair shot through with the occasional grey which he has been letting grow out since the war. He's still letting it hang loosely, but it's now growing long enough to tie up in a pony nub. Normally wears a jumpsuit, but still totes around a standard CCAF field issue fatigues. combat boots. and black leather gloves. Keeps telling himself that whenever he finally settles down somewhere he's gonna buy a proper wardrobe.

Noteable equipment:
Jumpsuit, coolant vest, neural helmet and plasteel boots which he has stashed away in his dufflebag. Has an ancient 'Mickey Mouse' analoge watch. (why not?) and a needler pistol and 10K C-bills which he saved up and 'barrowed' from the Davion's before leaving Tikonov (which may seem like a lot, but it's not enough to really get anything awesome.) otherwise the very basics..

Military History:
Former lance commander in Stapleton's Iron Hand. DeMarkus led the rear guard that allowed Pavel Ridzik to escape Tikonov during the failed defense during the Davion Invasion. Has a wife and son (hey look everybody it's Thom!) which he left behind on Warlock. Impassioned by Ridzik's charisma he followed him off to form the FTR. (and shoot at his fave enemies, the Leaguers) This action tarnished his rep and cost him his commission in the CCAF. After Ridzik's assassination he stuck around for a couple of weeks, then became disgusted with himself for following Pavel's ambitions and becoming a Davion lackey. Fearing Maskinrova reprisals against him for his actions at the end of the war he didn't travel back to Warlock, but instead made way for Solaris. Getting work on a dropshit as a tech heading to Solaris was easy and it even earned him some cash to boot.

Dark Secret: Unbeknown to him, he is the illigitimate son of Pavil Ridzik (Hey dude was a womanizer, and he was trying to whoo Candance back in the day...) Has nightmares about the fall of Tikonov.

#12 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:19 PM

View PostFranklen Avignon, on 03 April 2012 - 05:01 PM, said:

Maybe I missed it on the other thread, but what exact year is this taking place? (I'm writing my character bio)

Early 3031... rules posted ^

#13 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:25 PM

First *block was 'B*stard' and the second was p*ssing.
The idea is the mod is also hereditary - it was like that when he got it, he's just got it shot to hell in the meantime. Depending on the ruling of the GMs, he's either just got it back into working order or is looking to acquire the last few parts, close enough that assuming he doesn't screw up too much if the campaigns last long enough he can stand a reasonable chance of getting it in running order would be my request. Jagermechs aren't the hugest of the huge, struggle in mech to mech combat (Specifically needing to be operating from extreme range and away from fire, and since I've downsized the AC5s to AC2s, that should even further limit the effectiveness) and are relatively fragile. Kind of a 'big medium'. I just don't know much about any of the lights and mediums available other than the Urbie for the era we're in, I don't have a feel for how they work - and without a vast working knowledge of the universe in question I can't get a picture of them in my head, which is how I do most of my writing and iRL RPing, picture it, check the feel, daydream and let the character run with the situation.
I was originally going to suggest a Rifleman, but then I remembered how common the basic model Jager is - the AFFC spammed them to hell and back from what I've read, and the partisans in MC2 used 2 of them in the last mission, along with 3 urbanmechs, so I thought it'd be more feasible. Plus, nearly no lostech.
I'm happy with the Urbie or Jager, I love both 'mechs (Currently trying to clear MC2 using only Urbies and Razorbacks, struggling on the higher weight missions where you can't fit enough to make the drop limit!), but I'm an autocannon obsessive (Sometimes I really wonder how I'm not a Davion fanatic) and I've always preferred the bigger 'mechs, so I'd prefer the Jager, but I have 0 problems with not getting it for a while.
/Rolls a D100. Have I passed my requisition roll? :)

EDIT: I assume anything on Mr. Welch's list is out? I think I remember some BT RP rules in there somewhere...

Edited by RogueSpear, 03 April 2012 - 05:28 PM.

#14 Death Blossom

• PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:08 PM

I will start penniless and begging the owner of the mech garage not to confiscate my mech just quite yet. I need to see about a trade and I was thinking about selling off my rear-firing laser for some armor repair and autocannon rounds. With enough left over I could enter a free style match and hope to come out on top.

For personal equipment, I have my basic infantry dress from my tanker days, along with a heavy pistol and vibroblade.

#15 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:25 PM

New thread is up. 'Life and Death: A Mechwarrior's Tale.' Forgot to list the forum as roleplaying though *faceplam*

@Spear *GM voice* for some strange reason that gyroscope for your mech is taking forever to arrive... damned pirates. I'm nowhere near as savy with the links from Sarna.net as Mr. Azman but here's a list of mechs you may want to check out.... meds with AC's

Centurion. Decent movement, 4/6 (sorry I'm a TT nerd.) ac10, lrm10 and 2 med lasers.
Enforcer. Very not bad mech. pretty durable. 4/6/4 ac10, large las, small lasers
Clint. Hella fast, jumps, very lightly armored though... Not sure on 3025 versions movement, AC5 2 med lasers
Vulcan Good urban mech, jumps AC2, med laser, flamer, MG
Hunchback, pretty tough, very little ammo. AC20, 2 med lasers, small laser.
Hatchetman, brand freaking new! (the Davies WILL be looking for it) pretty mediocre all around, 4/6/4 ac10, 2 med lasers, and an AXE!!!
Shadowhawk, good movement, jumps, Crayson 'Death' Caryle used one... AC5, med las, SRM2, LRM5
Wolverine, good all around mech IMO, jumps, AC5, Srm6, med laser

@ DB, your gonna make me hunt down prices? *facepalm* All my books are in a different state. I'll allow it, but let me get with Gozer and see just how much armor/ammo we feel is fair, mech may be down for a little while though...

Edited by Thom Frankfurt, 03 April 2012 - 07:01 PM.

#16 Kevin Kirov

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:59 PM

Name: Kevin Marsden
Callsign: The Darkness
Date of Birth/Age: Jan 13, 2999 (32)
Current Mech: Crab CRB-20 (SL-Downgrade)
House Affiliation: Lyran Commonwealth
Military History:
Physical Description: 6'3" 245lbs well muscled, bit of a gut
Non-descript, easy to forget face, clean shaven. Redish/Brown hair cut short.
Open Background: Born on Donegal to a military man and a scientist. Kevin was drawn to fighting at a young age, and at school he was reprimanded many times for it. Went to school at the Blackjack School of Conflict on Blackjack in the Lyran Commonwealth. More problems on Blackjack pushed up his graduation early. Graduating just as the 3rd Succession War was winding down Kevin saw his first combat against House Kurita Served with distinction in the 4th Succession War on the FRR front and against the DCMS. Served in the pushing back of DCMS when they threatend Skye.
Deep Background: Loki agent for the Lyran Intelligence Corps (http://www.sarna.net...elligence_Corps) Haunted by the murders other things he had to do in the FRR durring the 4th Succession War and just prior. Drinks to hide it.

Edited by Kevin Kirov, 03 April 2012 - 11:05 PM.

#17 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:29 PM

I read through the full list of mediums available, apart from the Shadow Hawk, none of them jumped out at me. Since the Shadow Hawk is quite rare and filled with Lostech, I'll just stick with the Urbie in lieu of the Jaeger if that's okay?

#18 Charles Martel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationQuentin. Wish you were here Hanse?

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:20 AM

Meh, Charles isn't showing up with a LAM, too expensive to risk on Solaris being a newly minted Chu-i straight out of the Dover Institute of Higher Learning with an engineering degree, and mech/aerospace fighter crosstraining, and boot camp and OCS.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Charles Iichijiro Martel
Callsign: None yet
Date of Birth/Age: 11-28-3009, 22
Mech: None with him
House Affiliation: Kurita
Military History: DCMS Basic Training and Officer Candidate School, DIHL BattleMech/AeroSpace Fighter Crosstraining. Assigned to the 40th Dieron Regulars as soon as the unit has finished refit and re-equipping.

Physical Description:
175 cm, 86 kg (roughly 5'9", 160 lbs.), compact, athletic build; yellow-brown complexion; light brown eyes; dark brown hair cut very short. Mixed Swedish, North American, and Japanese descent. Dresses in a relaxed style, moreso than expected of an off-duty Combine soldier, usually preferiing a light jacket, t-shirt and jeans.

Notable Equipment: Family heirloom M1911-style handgun, vibro-katana with a straight blade in a simple "blade holder" sheath and handle with no tsubusa with a shoulder strap. 40K of c-bills.
Open Background:
Born to a Rasalhague AeroSpace fighter pilot in the DCMS Rasalhague Regulars, Henry Martel, and his wife Megumi Iichijiro-Martel while visiting relatives on Kirchbach. He was always fascinated by Land-Air Mechs and attended the Dover Institute of Higher Learning, taking MechWarrior training as well as AeroSpace fighter pilot training while pulling a double major in aerospace and BattleMech engineering. Graduating with honors in 3030, he joined the DCMS. Currently on a very long wait for deployment due to his unit not having enough mechs, rifles, or much of anything for new personnel. He opted to take his father's and uncle's advice to visit Solaris VII at least once. Tends to have a sardonic wit, and a very dry sense of dark comedy.

Deep Background: He is a devote to Theodore Kurita and proponent of his military reforms and ideas. This caused him no end of trouble in training with his more traditional-minded trainers, NCOs, and officers. He also tends to not trust Lyrans due to a Lyran raid on the planet his grandparents lived on that left his younger sister paralyzed from the waist down, so he's obviously a bit nervous. He is an EXTREME technology otaku, sketching rough draft designs in his sketchbook, and that can override his nervousness. It's his first time outside of the Combine, so he is still a bit parochial. His uncle is a major shareholder in Wakazashi Enterprises and having never married has been a second father-figure to him due to his father's long deployment stretches away from home.

#19 Karel Spaten

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 143 posts
  • LocationHallam

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:39 AM

Count me in!

I'll post my character sheet on my next break.

#20 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:58 AM

Can I make a quick request that anything in another language have a bracketed English translation? We had a guy in the last online 40k RP I did who used to post sections of German a lot, and we found once we managed to get him to post a translation next to it it really added to the readability of the posts and really helped the get the feel of the character, since we weren't having to stop-start read the posts as we hunted for translations so we could properly appreciate the personality quirk of lapsing into the language or using the terminology. Thanks :) I'll be doing this a bit myself, if I can remember enough Irish. No promises though, it's crunch month at uni and I'm not taking up learning a language on top of exams and deadlines!

/Offtopic, I always hated learning Irish in school, but now that I'm forgetting it I want to learn it again. Same with French. Bah! Playing 'Mad Jack' should give me the excuse to use it again, even though I should really be using Scots Gaelic, but a lot of the two languages are really interchangeable, and I don't know any Gaelic at all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users