#21 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,530 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:15 AM

View Posttellings, on 01 November 2012 - 09:06 AM, said:

The max engine rating for the Awesome 8Q is 290. I don't think this is the case in game.

If it isn't how it is in-game, then there is a bug with their file reading process, because the files confirm that 290 is the correct limit.

<Mech Variant="AWS-8Q" MaxTons="80" BaseTons="11" CanEquipJumpJets="0" LeftArmAim="0" RightArmAim="1" MinEngineRating="160" MaxEngineRating="290"/>

#22 Beath Van

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationHab mich verlaufen

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:33 AM

THX for the work and the ongoing updates.
I really like your tool and would really miss it, if you may stop the renewing.
Go on with it, please ;)

#23 Tiltings

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:09 AM

View Postmajora incarnate, on 01 November 2012 - 09:15 AM, said:

If it isn't how it is in-game, then there is a bug with their file reading process, because the files confirm that 290 is the correct limit.

Oh whoops. I just remember all those 6/7 mpl Awesomes we had running around in Closed Beta. I assumed you could still cram 300xls in them.

#24 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,530 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:32 AM

I should have a hot-fix up tomorrow for the remaining tonnage problems. I believe I have the fix currently, but this time around I'm going to make sure I actually fixed it :lol:.

#25 Pikachar

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:56 AM

sweet!! Thanks for all the work. :lol: And why the name change?

#26 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,530 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:16 PM

View PostPikachar, on 01 November 2012 - 11:56 AM, said:

sweet!! Thanks for all the work. :lol: And why the name change?

Not name change, account change, I decided to run my main account instead of Galen Cox. Hopefully I can get a name change to my correct this account.

Edited by majora incarnate, 01 November 2012 - 12:21 PM.

#27 Dorado

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationSoutheastern U.S.

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:03 PM

Here's a question about heat sink tonnage discrepancy... well no, heat sink count... tonnage actually matches.

Okay... take a Hunchback HBK-4G in Mechbay, convert it to Endo-Steel and DHS. Base tonnage is 24 tons and I show 2 extra DHS listed for critical locations and 14 criticals for Endo-Steel. Mechbay minimum heat sink count on the chassis is 10 and it gives me 8 in the engine due to it only being a Standard 200. I get that.

Now take a HBK-4G(F) in Mechlab and strip it after also upgrading it to ES and DHS. Save it and it shows me with 8 heat sinks but shows my weight at 24 tons. Tonnages match, heat sink count does not.

In Mechbay I can not reduce the engine heat sink count below 10 even though Mechlab only allocates me 8 in the engine. Anything I do from this point in Mechbay I end up being two tons off in Mechlab when I hit max tonnage.

Am I missing something magical about making Mechlab and Mechbay number add up or do I just need to build my mech 2 tons under in Mechbay for the time being?

Thanks!

#28 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,530 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:57 PM

View PostDorado, on 01 November 2012 - 04:03 PM, said:

Here's a question about heat sink tonnage discrepancy... well no, heat sink count... tonnage actually matches.

Okay... take a Hunchback HBK-4G in Mechbay, convert it to Endo-Steel and DHS. Base tonnage is 24 tons and I show 2 extra DHS listed for critical locations and 14 criticals for Endo-Steel. Mechbay minimum heat sink count on the chassis is 10 and it gives me 8 in the engine due to it only being a Standard 200. I get that.

Now take a HBK-4G(F) in Mechlab and strip it after also upgrading it to ES and DHS. Save it and it shows me with 8 heat sinks but shows my weight at 24 tons. Tonnages match, heat sink count does not.

In Mechbay I can not reduce the engine heat sink count below 10 even though Mechlab only allocates me 8 in the engine. Anything I do from this point in Mechbay I end up being two tons off in Mechlab when I hit max tonnage.

Am I missing something magical about making Mechlab and Mechbay number add up or do I just need to build my mech 2 tons under in Mechbay for the time being?

Thanks!

It is because when you load a mech under a 250 rated engine, it isn't adding the extra tonnage for heat sinks placed outside the engine (Hunchback will be 2 tons under, Commando will be 4, etc...). This is what I believe I have corrected, per above, Ill release the fixed version tomorrow (also entered in the module slots, updated costs, and updated MC costs).

#29 Dorado

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationSoutheastern U.S.

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:05 PM

View Postmajora incarnate, on 01 November 2012 - 04:57 PM, said:

It is because when you load a mech under a 250 rated engine, it isn't adding the extra tonnage for heat sinks placed outside the engine (Hunchback will be 2 tons under, Commando will be 4, etc...). This is what I believe I have corrected, per above, Ill release the fixed version tomorrow (also entered in the module slots, updated costs, and updated MC costs).

Oh I see. My bad. With all the issues lately with heat sinks I was blaming mechlab. Thanks for the info. Look forward to the update.

#30 Muffinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 447 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:58 PM

I'd love to check this out but can't get it to run. I unzipped the MWO_MechLab.jar file, the followed the instructions above to open with C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe but when I try to run the file nothing happens. Any other tips on getting it running? I also tried java -jar MWO_MechLab.jar from the command line. I have the latest java runtime env installed.

#31 Pikachar

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:17 PM

Muffinator, try right clicking the file and making sure that it opens with: Java Runtime Environment, that should get you going methinks. I hope that helps, I'd double check though just in case.

source: http://stackoverflow...file-in-windows

#32 Muffinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 447 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:11 PM

Mine has open with Java Platform SE Binary even though I associated the file type with javaw.exe. I tried opening it with Javaw.exe directly by dragging it over the exe but nothing happens there either.
*yay solved it - I was able to open from the command line after I added my jre7\bin folder to the path in system variables

Edited by Muffinator, 01 November 2012 - 10:28 PM.

#33 Culler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 371 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:37 AM

Great little program. However, I noticed that when you remove double heat sinks that have been allocated into the mech, it also takes 2 of the critical slots away permanently (at least in the torso spots.)

#34 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,530 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:43 AM

View PostCuller, on 02 November 2012 - 07:37 AM, said:

Great little program. However, I noticed that when you remove double heat sinks that have been allocated into the mech, it also takes 2 of the critical slots away permanently (at least in the torso spots.)

What version are you running?

I did a minor test and I didn't notice a problem with removing allocated DHS, whether it be through the un-equip button, clear section button, or switching to SHS. I do know that some have reported issues with removing items and having criticals permanently removed, but I have not been able to reproduce the type of error. I'll double check all the methods to make sure they are deleting everything correctly, but I don't believe there should be an issue.

#35 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,530 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:59 AM

Alright, updated to 5.3.15

Bug Fixes
*Un-allocated heat sinks created when loading a mech with an engine under 250 not having tonnage accounted for, any variant file with an engine smaller than 250 was lighter than it should've been.
*Additional Heat Sinks not being removed correctly when dropping below a 250 (you could magically create heat sinks).

Updates
*Stock Info updated for each mech, the costs and MC for each variant should be correct now.
*Module slots are now correct for each mech, per .cdf files in the game folders.

Hopefully this fixes the tonnage discrepancies between this program and the game.

#36 Pikachar

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:23 PM

I dont think CASE loads correctly. I saved and loaded a mech, and it was0.5 tons ligher, i unequipped and re-equipped the CASE and it went back to the correct tonnage. This was tested w/ the HBK-4N.

#37 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,530 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:55 AM

http://dl.dropbox.co.../MWOStatlab.zip
I have updated the Statlab, it is pretty close to the final version that I envisioned for it. Remember that is solely a reference tool rather than a full blown mechlab, but its layout is very similar to what the Mechlab will eventually be. May post screenshots to get people to begin using it, even if it is a little too colorful.

I will look into the CASE issue as well; you fix one thing, and something else breaks XD.

#38 Pikachar

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

View Postmajora incarnate, on 03 November 2012 - 08:55 AM, said:

you fix one thing, and something else breaks XD.

I know the feeling dude. But if you want me to stop finding broken bits.... :)

#39 SUBZERO8K

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationVancouver, B.C.

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:10 PM

Wow, this is fantastic. Thanks!

#40 SixstringSamurai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 930 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Guys Are So Bad I'm Moving To The Moon

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:06 PM

I noticed that when I export to post the build into a forum the .txt file data doesn't list CASE in the load out. Other then that seems to be working fine. Good work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users