395 replies to this topic

#381 Crashingmail

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 311 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:06 PM

I think u used old saves. Thats known issue which i cant correct as i dont know how the save/load function is working.
I asume this is caused after adding the new mechs and majora saves the order also in those MBV files.

#382 TheStrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 574 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:54 AM

Yeh, they are saves saved as of the last majora release.

#383 Crashingmail

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 311 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:59 AM

Thats the reason, with newly saved files the problem did not show up and i also got same problems myself sometimes when majora did an update and added new mechs.

I think this is something where majora need to take a look at when he is back and has more time to work on this nice little tool.

Edited by Crashingmail, 04 July 2013 - 04:59 AM.

#384 John MatriX82

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:53 AM

Any hope to get some Kintaro speculation? xD

#385 Crashingmail

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 311 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:31 AM

Sorry for a long time without any update, but i was and still am very busy with our homepage. The users wanted some new functions, thats why i did not do any updates.

Still hope that majora get back and can continue his work.

Edited by Crashingmail, 08 September 2013 - 03:31 AM.

#386 John MatriX82

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:22 AM

I hope this as well, there's a lot of new meat especially for speculation on non-phoenix variants left to be done :(

#387 Crashingmail

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 311 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:55 AM

Thats a good question, i have right now not enough time to get the mechs updates and it looks like that majora is not coming back for a long time ... :)

#388 BrotherGrimm2

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:54 AM

View PostCrashingmail, on 03 July 2013 - 01:06 PM, said:

I think u used old saves. Thats known issue which i cant correct as i dont know how the save/load function is working.
I asume this is caused after adding the new mechs and majora saves the order also in those MBV files.

I have looked at (decompiled) sources and i can tell you how save/load working and what cause the problem. Basically the chassis type in MBV-file is identified by the index of the chassis in the "Chassis Type"-dropdown list. So for example before the Blackjack was added the Cataphract had the index 3 (0-based). If you have saved a variant of Cataphract the MBV-file contains information "index=3" internally. Loading this file after Blackjack was added would cause the variant identified as Blackjack because now the Blackjack has the index 3. And after Battlemaster was added the same file would be loaded as Battlemaster.

The problem can be avoided in the future if one would use some constant identifier for the chassis (as AS7 for Atlas) instead of the index from the dropdown list. Or one can still use the index from the (internal) chassis list, but in future insert new chassis allways at the and of the list so old chassis retains their index. And the dropdown box can be modified to show the chassis names in alphabetical order.

#389 Pando

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationDeep, deep inside _____.

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:28 PM

So, adding clans now that we have hardpoints for prime loadouts?

#390 Crashingmail

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 311 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:07 PM

View PostPando, on 07 February 2014 - 09:28 PM, said:

So, adding clans now that we have hardpoints for prime loadouts?

I am sorry, but i cant continue and i think Majora does not come back. As his code is available on github, maybe someone else wants to continue or somebody create a similar tools like this with a much easier code. Pure Java IDE is not my main work and updating here costs a big amount of time for every chassis.

#391 Pando

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:14 PM

How easy would it be to make a blank template with dropdown boxes?

This way, a single template could be used to create any type of battlemech. Meaning, you would not be required to do much updating. Dropdown menus for tonnage, hardpoints ect.

#392 Crashingmail

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 311 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:10 PM

And thats the problem, first u need to create a template. This is build out of a few files not only one, then update other files too, to get the mech into the drop down list and u need to be very careful about it, as this may corrupt older save files. Thats a problem i had in the past, because i didnt found out which of the fields where used for the sorting, so i tried to sort the mechs in every array.

The main problem in this still nice tool is, that it is far more complicated than it used to be to update fast or add new mechs and change weapon values.

#393 Crashingmail

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 311 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:14 PM

A little note, the latest source is still on my harddisc, so if someone wants to continue this project without having to start over completely again i can provide a link to download it via pm. As i dont have a github account i didnt update the sources directly there.

Edited by Crashingmail, 12 February 2014 - 11:14 PM.

#394 smurfynet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 403 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:38 AM

View PostCrashingmail, on 12 February 2014 - 11:14 PM, said:

A little note, the latest source is still on my harddisc, so if someone wants to continue this project without having to start over completely again i can provide a link to download it via pm. As i dont have a github account i didnt update the sources directly there.

I'm a bit sad that one of first offline mechlabs goes down. (not sure if the other old excel mechlab is still in development) i understand Crashingmail, because i myself have not much time / play mwo anymore.

while the mwo mechbay programm contains unreleased mechs its hard to keep updated because its not based on the gamefiles.

i'm happy to post / update a fork of Majora incarnate's source on github with latest source from you if you don't want create a github account.

I also suggest all users to migrate to the activly developed Li Song Mechlab (its also java and offline)
Its quite easy to use and my site also supports export to it. (import soon)

Take care,

Phil

#395 Crashingmail

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 311 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:17 AM

Hi Phil,

i think u are right, as Li Song is really fast doing updates and it seems also that he uses gamefiles it would be much easier to concentrate on only two mechlabs instead of maintaining several more.
Some are more likely to use the offline variante and some other like an online variant.

Right now i enjoyed (still enjoy) both of them and am i also a bit sad to leave this one behind, but as Phil sayed, it takes a large amount of time and right now i've stopped playing MWO completely. Additional i have enough to do with our homepage and working.

#396 Pando

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:30 AM

View PostCrashingmail, on 14 February 2014 - 04:17 AM, said:

Hi Phil,

i think u are right, as Li Song is really fast doing updates and it seems also that he uses gamefiles it would be much easier to concentrate on only two mechlabs instead of maintaining several more.
Some are more likely to use the offline variante and some other like an online variant.

Right now i enjoyed (still enjoy) both of them and am i also a bit sad to leave this one behind, but as Phil sayed, it takes a large amount of time and right now i've stopped playing MWO completely. Additional i have enough to do with our homepage and working.

You gave it a good run. Thank you for keeping it alive!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users