• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,371 posts
  • LocationYes

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:50 AM

View PostFrosted, on 05 November 2012 - 11:41 AM, said:

some people have more money than sense

It sounds better as "More Dollars than sense". Might get a pun chuckle that way.

#82 Chief 117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 479 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:53 AM

Daishi is 56 dolars :)

#83 Nevrath

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:54 AM

Thanks for doing the Math OP.

Compared to other f2p concepts i dont think Mechprices are too high.
You should check what some Browsergames want you to pay for a sucky animated purple cow i could have drawn myself or something like that.

And basically your paying for something someone had to produce before you are able to consume it.
Just because its virtually doesnt mean its actually cheaper to make then a RL Mech figurine. :)

#84 Hekalite

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:57 AM

The cost of the smaller mechs seems reasonable to me, it's just that the pricing structure doesn't scale well. My concern is that long term, $20 for an assault mech is unsustainable, especially as more assault mechs are added to the game. Right now, everyone is strapped for C-Bills so it might look temping, but after a few months when you have stockpiled your winnings, I suspect that most won't even consider spending MC on a mech. Premium time is much more bang for your buck. $20 is a bit much to satisfy that instant gratification urge.

#85 rgreat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 851 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:59 AM

View PostKhobai, on 05 November 2012 - 11:37 AM, said:

Makes no sense since a $5 Jenner can beat it 1v1

Buy a jenner.

#86 K Storm

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:30 AM

Here's a thought for everyone. Wait for the full version of the game to be released. Then you can start whining about everything. I am personally enjoying every battle I get into, because it's always different and exciting, even the ones where I get annihilated. And for the record, you can have multiple different experiences with a single mech. The loadout combinations are very diverse.
Bottom line: If you don't play MWO for the experience of tactical and strategic futuristic combat (forget about earning C-bills and XP), play another game and quit stomping your feet like a spoiled brat.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users