Private Game Mod

48 replies to this topic

Poll: Private Game Mod (103 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think this game mode is essential for MWO?

1. Yes (83 votes [80.58%])

Percentage of vote: 80.58%

2. No (16 votes [15.53%])

Percentage of vote: 15.53%

3. neutral (4 votes [3.88%])

Percentage of vote: 3.88%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Drangon Lee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 409 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFlotte de l'ombre

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:28 AM

Many of us ask ourselves questions about the "Private Game Mod".
We know there will be one, but it works and the date of its commissioning remains a mystery.

I think about its importance and should even be hairpin because private games are the essence of the game

It would finally lead to the Clans correctly their beginners, but also to organize matches between friends, 1 VS 1, 2 VS 2 3 VS 3, .... and why not also 2 vs 1 or 3 vs 1, etc. ..

And to return to the training of beginners, I would stress that Mechwarrior is a challenging game that can be daunting initially, especially for those who know nothing about the game and its universe. Allow teams to properly support this type of player might even avoid a certain escape the game

For this type of 'mod' works, the system C-Bills, XP, GXP, and repair will be deactivated. Players will use their machines mechlab.

Obviously a total control on the choice of map, weather conditions, respawn or no respwan ou wave, number of players is required.

So here is my first question for the developers:

What are your plans for this mod?

Do you have a time stop to its implementation?

Thank you in advance for these precisions.

Sincerely,

Drangon Lee, Brotherhood of Black Dragon.

#2 Grimmenstein

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 68 posts
  • LocationWestern CO

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:40 AM

I agree with the options this type of mode would open up. It would definitely have to be a practice type without inherent benefits or penalties, however a wager system would be good to implement also. Customization of mechs would still need to have a cbill cost so that groups don't become to insular, causing damage to the metagame. I see this down the road, somewhat along the lines of the Solaris 7 posts I have seen crop up from time to time.

#3 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:58 AM

To the question if this mod is an imperative i would say it depends on the ongoing features that will be implemented.
Away from that I would say its a pretty impudent thing to DEMAND answers from the Devs.
I would suggest you reconsider your stance.

#4 Asmosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:15 AM

Devs said something about it *maybe* far far down the track, as private instances create a much heavier load on the servers or something.

Its one of those "never say never, but dont hold your breath or you'll die" things.

Edited by Asmosis, 05 November 2012 - 03:17 AM.

#5 Captain Pee Sheets

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 120 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:07 AM

This is absolutely essential, especially if MWO ever wants to take competitive play seriously. Teams absolutely MUST have the ability to practice and train in a controlled environment.

#6 MERLIN CONNERS

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 10 posts
  • Locationwww.clan-wolf.info

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:10 AM

I think that this is essential to the evolution of the game and needs to be in place BEFORE community Warfare otherwise how do the teams train.

#7 Nehkrosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 772 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:13 AM

Absolutely 100% support this idea

#8 Manny Rhyde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 142 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:16 AM

We will keep talking about private matches as long as it takes, even if PGI states that it is unprofitable, because we as customers demand it. It doesnt even have to be User hosted to prevent hacking, but we need this key feature.

#9 Karrig Fetladral

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 167 posts
  • LocationBreak room, getting coffee

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:22 AM

Yes, yes, yes, yes....Give us Private Matchmaking, I’m getting to the point where I might start demanding it ...you could remove the "testing grounds" because you can pair up against a friend and "try" out your mech. Getting a REAL sense if it works....Also the ability to teach someone how to play MechWarrior Online, practice for groups, competing Leagues.....giving a jump start to Community Warfare. More people coming together and wanting to play....less grinding and dealing with “trolls”, people that don’t want to play within set rules.

MWO is becoming stagnate.....all we have is pug vs pug ...or premade vs premade...everything is grinding, giving the community Private Matchmaking gives us something to keep us here...and is essential to EVERY GAME...

Stress on there servers.....REALLY? ...if private games do that...then WOW with all the money they have received, they better freakin upgrade. Because when CW and Clans come out...their servers will crash.

#10 Outlaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 321 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Hope and Glory

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:41 AM

Definitely feel that this needs to be revisited, and as for the answer to how it would impact business, i dont see an issue. Players still have to buy mechs and equipment and grind the cash as well experience to get these items, and therefore will still be willing to put money into the game. I wouldnt be surprised if players who have left would return if there was an option for private matches, as private leagues would start up and allow the community to break up the monotany until Community Warfare is implemented.

#11 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:54 AM

+1

#12 Doom Radick

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8 posts
  • Locationclan-wolf.info

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:35 PM

I see no reason not to do it. PGI completely disregarded this and said "that is not our main concern." PGI said the exact same thing about bugs that have been here since October...

They gave us Training Grounds to TEST OUR MECHS. What better way to test you mechs than test them on something that SHOOTS BACK, preferably players.

As Karrig stated, i see no reason for the servers to be stressed. If they are then this game is waaaay outdated for what is should be. Asmosis also stated that PGI thinks this is unprofitable, yet you guys are working on 3rd person BS to "bring more players in". Are you guys working on this game for the players and the customers or for the sheer satisfaction of having your stacks of money piled up in your banks? The motive of the Devs is in serious consideration at this point.

Edited by ApocalypticDoom, 27 March 2013 - 01:44 PM.

#13 Captain Pee Sheets

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 120 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:26 PM

I'm eager to see what is actually included in the "Training Grounds" addition, but as usual it's scarce on details.

#14 Serakek Radick

• Pip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:48 PM

I think the inclusion of private matches is absolutely mandatory. Any House/Merc/Clan units need to be able to train to be competitive, and the only way to do that now is to try to sync drop (which has gotten harder). Private matches would eliminate sync dropping and cut down on the 8 man pre-mades vs. 8 man pug matches (which annoy the hell out of everyone).

#15 Joanna Conners

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationEn Route to Terra

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:01 PM

This is absolutely, 100% essential to the fully realized success of this game. I accept it as a foregone conclusion, as I believe most players do. It must be incorporated and not long after we go live.

#16 Piad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 123 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:24 AM

YES, we wait and we NEED this "mod" from months!

#17 Emery Radick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 202 posts
  • LocationOutreach. Looking for new hires

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:51 AM

Must have!

#18 M4L4R3K

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:07 AM

Private/Training mode is essential to this game, especially for competitive teams. It could make them practice formations, flanking or practicing using a specific weapon. These are only a few reasons. As others said, It would be nice to grab a friend or more and teach them how to play this game properly so they don't get thrown in the fray right from the start. Training grounds right now are meh and they do not prepare newbies to live fire. So much more could be implemented to it!

#19 Azhanti

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:12 PM

Well not to belabour the topic, but we have to be able to form team matchs. How can clans fight clans and what not if we cannot practice with our teams? I realize that it was many years ago but match making on the Microsoft Game site for MW4 was wonderful. Any chance we will see something like that here? I mean I for one am paying enough now to see it. Just love the game though . . .

#20 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:18 PM

View PostAzhanti, on 28 March 2013 - 12:12 PM, said:

Well not to belabour the topic, but we have to be able to form team matchs. How can clans fight clans and what not if we cannot practice with our teams? I realize that it was many years ago but match making on the Microsoft Game site for MW4 was wonderful. Any chance we will see something like that here? I mean I for one am paying enough now to see it. Just love the game though . . .

MW4 did not have a matchmaker or matchmaking component. It simply had a server lister/browser... it's literally the same concept that was used when the MSN Gaming Zone was prominent for that game. No matchmaking was involved at all.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users