134 replies to this topic

#61 Elektrik

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 January 2012 - 03:00 PM

View PostHawkcrest, on 22 January 2012 - 12:01 AM, said:

Just a thought [DCM] but Sid and I are playing World of Tanks in a group called ARTYin preperation for MWOMercs. If you would like to hook up with us join World of Tanks and send an application. Sid plays under the name I_Perfection but he is sporadically on. for those of you who remember Infi from Smoke Jaguars, and Later Ice Hellions he is running the unit there.

Is he gonna play nice or is he gonna be like Tyrant? :)

#62 SovietKoshka

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 80 posts
  • LocationSomewhere betwixed the stars of the inner sphere and rim

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:59 PM

derp sorry wrong thread........

#63 DCMAkira

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:10 AM

Hey all. Keeping an eye on the thread and game release. Should be good times :lol:

#64 Edmiester

• Pip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:32 PM

Kinda funny how badly we used the Japanese language... especially after I played and conversed in Japanese on Final Fantasy XI. Not fluent, but good enough... could even read hiragana even though i didn't know the meaning of the words. Just looking on the housekurita.org stuff hehe.

For example, i think Konnichiwa is designated for "Good Afternoon" rather than Hello. The afternoon just happens to be when people normally greet each other in public. Having k-wa would be an insult as Japanese don't like abbreviating greetings. Ikimasho should be Ikimashou ka or Ikimasu (short for "let's go")... Sayonara is more like a last good bye rather than a see you later. Man that would have really changed all of us saying sayo to people logging off back on the Kali days...the more casual way of saying bye is "matane" which means see you later... yeah i could go on but w/e :lol: lol

When's the game coming out?

Edited by Edmiester, 27 January 2012 - 01:32 PM.

#65 Paladin Brewer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 485 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:09 PM

Most of the Japanese things on the housekurita.org site is something I copy/pasted from an old DCMS manual from the 90s. And the site does have Konnichiwa as "hello." K-wa is for typing, since no one wants to type out "Konnichiwa" everytime, much like o7 in EVE. And Ikimashou is "let's go", that's what the shou at the end means. Ikimasu is just the polite form of "to go." If you said that to a Japanese person you are just telling him to go. How rude :)

Edited by Paladin Brewer, 27 January 2012 - 05:13 PM.

#66 Harrow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:30 PM

View PostHawkcrest, on 03 November 2011 - 05:40 AM, said:

Im going to attempt to list as many of the old DCM pilots as I can and hopefully they check in, in this thread...

[DCM]Motown3058
[DCM]Avi
[DCM]Hawk - Checked in

There were 190 of us at the merger in the registry, so if anyone remembers the other pilots, please post them in this thread, this is of course the guys in my Immeadiate Memory

What game / community are the pilots in this list coming from?

#67 Elektrik

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:37 PM

View PostEdmiester, on 27 January 2012 - 01:32 PM, said:

Kinda funny how badly we used the Japanese language... especially after I played and conversed in Japanese on Final Fantasy XI. Not fluent, but good enough... could even read hiragana even though i didn't know the meaning of the words. Just looking on the housekurita.org stuff hehe.

For example, i think Konnichiwa is designated for "Good Afternoon" rather than Hello. The afternoon just happens to be when people normally greet each other in public. Having k-wa would be an insult as Japanese don't like abbreviating greetings. Ikimasho should be Ikimashou ka or Ikimasu (short for "let's go")... Sayonara is more like a last good bye rather than a see you later. Man that would have really changed all of us saying sayo to people logging off back on the Kali days...the more casual way of saying bye is "matane" which means see you later... yeah i could go on but w/e :) lol

When's the game coming out?

Fair enough Edster-I'll just stick to English-it's easier anyhow ;)

P.S. I heard it would be June when it comes out...

Edited by Elektrik, 30 January 2012 - 02:40 PM.

#68 Elektrik

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:39 PM

View PostHarrow, on 28 January 2012 - 04:30 PM, said:

What game / community are the pilots in this list coming from?

I may have my history incorrect, but basically we came from Kali/AOL (I wasn't there for the AOL part, so my *ahem* older colleagues can fill that part in).

#69 Harrow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:59 PM

Whats Kali?

#70 Elektrik

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:26 AM

View PostHarrow, on 30 January 2012 - 10:59 PM, said:

Whats Kali?

Haha..if you have to ask, you're too young (kidding). www.kali.net -oddly enough it's still around altough I don't know who uses it. Back in the days of modems, it was a way to connect to play MW2 against others (other games as well, but for purposes of the DCM group, we used kali)....

#71 Harrow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:33 PM

View PostElektrik, on 31 January 2012 - 09:26 AM, said:

Haha..if you have to ask, you're too young (kidding). www.kali.net -oddly enough it's still around altough I don't know who uses it. Back in the days of modems, it was a way to connect to play MW2 against others (other games as well, but for purposes of the DCM group, we used kali)....

My first comp was a comm 64 and then a 286DX40 (you know, with the math coprocessor). So not too young. I never played MW2 online so I was unaware of Kali. Now that I know it helps me place folks in the gaming timeline of MW when they talk about it. Its good to see so many folks with such a history.

#72 Elektrik

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:23 PM

View PostHarrow, on 31 January 2012 - 02:33 PM, said:

My first comp was a comm 64 and then a 286DX40 (you know, with the math coprocessor). So not too young. I never played MW2 online so I was unaware of Kali. Now that I know it helps me place folks in the gaming timeline of MW when they talk about it. Its good to see so many folks with such a history.

Hehe, not to pick gnits but there *was* no 'DX' model of the 80286, and the highest speed was 25 MHz. I believe you're referring to the 80386DX running at 40MHz...

#73 Harrow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:19 PM

View PostElektrik, on 01 February 2012 - 02:23 PM, said:

Hehe, not to pick gnits but there *was* no 'DX' model of the 80286, and the highest speed was 25 MHz. I believe you're referring to the 80386DX running at 40MHz...

I apologize, it was an AMD 80286DX20. My next computer was an AMD 80386DX40 which i loved because i could i finally played Wing Commander 2, yay! And since you're such a smart guy, do a little more research before you decide the one post you're going to make is correcting someone without knowing what you're talking about. Or are you one of those people who like to be 'technically' correct and still an a-hole?

And since I realized you must have not known this, the DX in the nomenclature merely refers to the presence of an AMD 287 math corprocessor. I do understand that officially the chip was referred to as the Am286 at 20 MHz with an Am287 math coprocessor. However, at the time, due to popular understanding of what SX and DX meant in terms of processor capability, even the AMD computers were referred to in terms of 286DX20 and 386SX30 etc. Barely anyone ever asked if it was intel or amd at the time. But you knew that right?

Hehe.

Edited by Harrow, 01 February 2012 - 11:33 PM.

#74 Elektrik

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:12 AM

View PostHarrow, on 01 February 2012 - 11:19 PM, said:

I apologize, it was an AMD 80286DX20. My next computer was an AMD 80386DX40 which i loved because i could i finally played Wing Commander 2, yay! And since you're such a smart guy, do a little more research before you decide the one post you're going to make is correcting someone without knowing what you're talking about. Or are you one of those people who like to be 'technically' correct and still an a-hole?

And since I realized you must have not known this, the DX in the nomenclature merely refers to the presence of an AMD 287 math corprocessor. I do understand that officially the chip was referred to as the Am286 at 20 MHz with an Am287 math coprocessor. However, at the time, due to popular understanding of what SX and DX meant in terms of processor capability, even the AMD computers were referred to in terms of 286DX20 and 386SX30 etc. Barely anyone ever asked if it was intel or amd at the time. But you knew that right?

Hehe.

Wow, such animosity-you are correct in that I assumed you were referring to Intel processors and not AMD, but why the hostility? There was no such intention in my post. Certainly by calling me petty names and posting such a long-winded (and arguably hateful) post, you risk being reported to the mods. I'll obviously drop it because you seem to be sensitive to the issue and I'll remain on-topic, that being the explanation you orignally asked about what DCM is.

#75 DCM Riggs

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:32 PM

[DCM] Riggs Checking in

I have to say my feelers are soz hurt Hawk :o

#76 Elektrik

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:27 AM

View PostDCM Riggs, on 03 February 2012 - 06:32 PM, said:

[DCM] Riggs Checking in

I have to say my feelers are soz hurt Hawk :D

He's good at that. lol! (j/k)

#77 Meth0s

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:12 AM

Err I guess I should mention SillySwede in this one.

#78 EddieDaHead

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 33 posts
  • LocationHeartLand of the USA

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:01 AM

CrazyHorse checking in, someone already had my name registered, so now I'm EddieDaHead

#79 Elektrik

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:04 AM

View PostEddieDaHead, on 14 March 2012 - 10:01 AM, said:

CrazyHorse checking in, someone already had my name registered, so now I'm EddieDaHead

Heya Crazy.....I think I remember you....and I think I even remember Silly Swede too...

#80 Hawkcrest

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationEast Stroudsburg, PA

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:39 PM

View Post[DCM]Elektrik, on 07 November 2011 - 07:35 PM, said:

For the truly morbid, here's an old NBT roster circa 5/13/97:

DRACONIS COMBINE MUSTERED SOLDIERY
Coordinator Daedalus97
Gunji no Kanrei Wight
Tai-shu Deamon
1st SWORD OF LIGHT "The Dragon's Wardens"
Sho-sa LCO Edmiester
Sho-sa LXO Slickster
Shujin Draig
Shujin Bloodmist
ALPHA BATTALION
COMMANDING OFFICER
Tai-Shu Deamon
LEGIONS OF VEGA " Path of Redemption"
2ND LEGION OF VEGA "Venom of the Dragon"
Sho-sa BXO/CCO/LCO Lakana
Shujin LXO Raptor
Gunsho Evisc
Gunsho Soundman
11TH LEGION OF VEGA "April Wine"
Chu-i CXO/LCO Lurker
Go-cho LXO Madcat
Go-Cho S-Fly
16TH LEGION OF VEGA "The Matrix Order"
Chu-I LCO Darkheart
Sho-ko LXO Zeus
Heishi Falcon
RYUKEN COMPANY RYUKEN-GO
Tai-i CCO/LCO Worlok
Gunsho LXO Shaft
Gunsho Kingjester
Heishi Locke
RYUKEN-SAN
Chu-i CXO/LCO Blindfox
Chu-I LXO BadBart
Heishi Skinnypup
RYUKEN-ROKU
Sho-ko LCO TheEagle
Kashira LXO Fuzzy
Heishi Ðæmòñ
GHOST COMPANY
1ST GHOST
Tai-i CCO/LCO Loki
Go-cho LXO Frosh
Go-cho Shado
Heishi Lordbishop
3RD GHOST
Chu-I CXO/LCO ZZTaz
Sho-ko LXO LegendKiller
Go-cho Elektrik
5TH GHOST
Chu-I LCO Polaris
Gunsho LXO Dagoth
Go-cho Neon_Dragon
SUN ZHANG Mechwarrior Academy
Instructors:
Slickster
Edmiester
5th Sun Zhang Cadre
Legion of Vega Training Lance
Hohujei LordZ
13th Sun Zhang Cadre
Ryuken Company Training Lance
14th Sun Zhang Cadre
Ghost Company Training Lance
RESERVE LANCE
Chu-i Beaver
Gunsho TheTick
Go-cho Nomad
Chu-i XO Hawk
Tai-I CrinosRome

LoLz yeah this lasted all of 5 minuets when I finished my move to Florida and booted Daed out of the team for attempting to circumvent me lolz...Chu-I my ***

I look back and I wonder how much of a Tyrant I was...

Edited by Hawkcrest, 27 March 2012 - 02:51 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users