Favourite 'Unseen' battlemechs to be 'Reseen' in MWO and would you pay for them?

98 replies to this topic

#21 kai dracon

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationSpace

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:54 AM

I put another vote in for the Shadow Hawk. I really want to pilot one of those. (Gray Death 4life, etc etc.)

But yeah, I voted for adding the Unseen mechs with whatever redesign is required. These machines are too crucial to the Battletech lore. Stuff like the Warhammer IS Battletech for too many people. Plus they're just really good designs, not only in terms of visuals but their roles, properties, and loadouts. Some of them have really nice histories as well within the Battletech fiction.

#22 AlanEsh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:26 PM

TDR, WHM, MAD, SHD, RFL... HOW CAN I CHOOSE JUST ONE?!?! *sob*

#23 Dragorath

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 168 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:02 PM

It should be possible to mark several Mechs!!!!

#24 Gwenaelle Focht

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationPlanet Wyatt, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:15 AM

View PostAngelicon, on 16 April 2012 - 12:26 PM, said:

TDR, WHM, MAD, SHD, RFL... HOW CAN I CHOOSE JUST ONE?!?! *sob*

View PostDragorath, on 16 April 2012 - 02:02 PM, said:

It should be possible to mark several Mechs!!!!

Sorry that there is only one mech to vote for, but based on what I mentioned before I will not open poll question 3 for multiple selections; however, you are very welcome to rank your top 5 or top 10 choices of 'Unseen'/'Reseen' mechs in the thread ...

I must confess being a little bit surprised about the lack of 'love' for the humanoid light mechs (I thought there would be some BattleTech novel readers that vote at least for the Valkyrie) and the 'Griffin', although, personally, I am not too fond of the latter (it looks pretty nifty though) ... the Longbow is probably not so much associated with the lore as the other models listed ...

#25 barcode

• PipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 61 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:36 AM

The implementation of classic 'Unseen' mechs types in MWO is definitely a must, even if it means that the developers will have to put in a lot of work to redesign these mech types to become 'Reseen'.

I don't feel this strongly about the Unseen. I would love to see them, but it's also cool seeing a whole bunch of previously unappreciated, more obscure IS designs getting into the game. It's on the "really nice to have but largely unnecessary" feature list.

The Marauder, Rifleman and Warhammer are the ones I want to see most; it does also help that the Marauder is apparently the most prolific IS Heavy in the pre-Invasion era. I wouldn't mind seeing a Locust, either.

I will say, however, that the Reseen Rifleman and Locust are both good-looking 'Mechs and I would be happy with their inclusion in any design.

Apparently "a future announcement" will determine whether or not we'll see these things. Let's wait until then, no? ^_^

Edited by barcode, 17 April 2012 - 04:38 AM.

#26 Tauman Malthus

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:25 PM

While a slight redesign is a great option in my opinion it is hard to pick just one Design.The Warhammer and Maurader to pick just two are synonymous with the Battletech universe especially before star-league tech and clan conflict designs. probably the best mech pilot of all time used a jet black Warhammer for the better part of her career. Plus I personally enjoy the Pheonix hawk, what a fun mech to play!

#27 SilentWolff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 2,174 posts
  • LocationNew Las Vegas

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:15 PM

I choose the Thunderbolt,but like the Marauder equally as well. I'd really like to see the old designs back in the game. They were some of the most iconic mechs. FU Harmony Gold.

#28 Lycan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:50 PM

Would love to see FlyingDebris take on the Battlemaster . . .

#29 Gwenaelle Focht

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationPlanet Wyatt, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:02 AM

Alright, so just to summarize the data produced so far (developers, please note these results :D ) ... the majority seems to be pro implementation of 'Unseen' mechs in MWO (more than 75% of poll takers), and also an overwhemling majority of poll takers voted for a redesign of 'Unseen' into 'Reseen' battlemechs, if necessary (more than 80%).

With regard to the 'Unseen' mech type, the lead of the Marauder over the Warhammer has melted a little bit, but is still notable (over 25% versus over 20% of all poll takers) and then the leads are very narrow, third spot for the Phoenix Hawk just ahead of the Shadow Hawk and the Thunderbolt and the latter are closely followed by the BattleMaster now ... then there is a little gap (2 votes) difference to the Crusader, Archer, and Rifleman models ...

.. well, wishing all those, who have not placed their votes yet, a happy voting ...

#30 neodym

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts
  • Locationready to help with closed beta

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:32 PM

I am young and these names dont tell me anything except Longbow witch I lowed in MW4merc.... best missile boat ever

#31 Hulldown

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:36 AM

I must say I simply want the Commando and the Rifelman those two mechs and you wont hear a peep from me in the negitive zone.

#32 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:44 AM

View Postneodym, on 21 April 2012 - 05:32 PM, said:

I am young and these names dont tell me anything except Longbow witch I lowed in MW4merc.... best missile boat ever

If you played with mekpaks, you probably stumbled upon them. :rolleyes:

#33 Volturnus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 294 posts
  • LocationInternational Waters

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:39 AM

Warhammer :rolleyes:

#34 T0RC4ED

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 312 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:50 AM

Im all for redesigns, heck they are doing them for mechs that were good and legal to begin with so why not keep up the good work.

#35 990Dreams

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:34 AM

Longbow, Marauder, Warhammer, Rifleman.

Edited by DavidHurricane, 23 April 2012 - 09:37 AM.

#36 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:36 PM

I'd love new art (which is NOT what reseen means - reseen are 'mechs they got the art license back for, i.e. the Locust) on the old classic 'mechs, similar to what Project Phoenix attempted. That said...

.. don't do it PGI. Don't, please. Seriously. Too many awesome 'mech projects have died for tinkering around with questionable art, and we've got so many awesome 'mechs to choose from... I don't want anything done with even the smallest chance of a legal backlash against you. It's a no win scenario, period.

View PostHulldown, on 22 April 2012 - 01:36 AM, said:

I must say I simply want the Commando and the Rifelman those two mechs and you wont hear a peep from me in the negitive zone.

The Commando is not only not unseen, but confirmed in MWO. So hopefully you'll be a little happy?

#37 Steinar Bergstol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:09 AM

I do want the unseen. To me they pretty much _are_ Battletech since those were the mechs in the first box set I bought in the late 80's. And making me pick just one? That's just cruel. :wub:

Alright. Phoenix Hawk. Give me my Phoenix Hawk and I'll be a happy mechwarrior. ;)

#38 Ross486

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:11 PM

I picked the Rifleman but i also wanted to pick the Marauder and the Warhammer.

#39 errorabbit

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:18 AM

I'd love for the Unseen to reappear here, possibly with designs very very different from the old ones. Marauders and Warhammers and Riflemen are just always mentioned in the books, it's a bit sad not to have them at all.
I mean, without the Marauder, you can't even explain the IS name for the Timber Wolf, Mad Cat. That's because it's a mix between the MAD Marauder and the CAT Catapult... ; _ ;

On the other hand, I'd rather have them kept out if trying to put them in risks lawsuits and the end of this thing....

#40 Dakkaface

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 226 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:03 PM

I would like to see some of the Unseen be redesigned for the game.  Particularly the Warhammer, Marauder, and Rifleman.  They're staples of early Battletech.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users