1392 replies to this topic

#21 WaKK0

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 119 posts
  • LocationSTL

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

I agree, this patch is nothing but garbage with exception of FINALLY a new map.

#22 AceTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • Location春日部市、埼玉県、日本; アメリカ: Arcadia, CA

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

View PostNoganite, on 06 November 2012 - 04:18 PM, said:

Yeah I am very close to this myself. I could use the money to invest into a game that actually plays like HAWKEN or Planetside 2.

Again HAWKEN is just a FPS in a Trashcan. If you were looking for an FPS why are you even trying Mechwarrior? I like how you named two things completely different from a Simulation game

#23 JazzySteel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 304 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationthe crater that used to be Black Mesa, dipping the last Oreo into the last glass of milk.

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

Im gonna play around just to see if the new bug fixes have helped my game any. I can live with it being incredibly unbalanced for a little while.

#24 Wardog316

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA USA

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

let's see...
no missle damage... (SRMs, streak, LRMs) (40 streaks into a Jenner that was standing still did not kill it!!!) WTF!?!?!
Frame rate cut in half....
3-7 sec lag firing direct fire weapons...
Can't load an XL engine (not enough slotes {had 20 slots free - engine only required 12})!?!?
Auto repair / rearm no long functions (every other drop)
You guys get an oh **** on this one. Recommend back to close beta for you!

#25 RayWilliamJohnson

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

You've fixed this game so much it's now broken.

Asides LRMS appearing to do no damage, and heat efficiencies measured on a exponential scale,

My greatest anger is at the party cap of 4.
Why would you limit a team based game to that?
What on Earth would possess you to? Pugs raging on forums or something.

Do you not have any common sense.
If the whole world says 2 + 2 = 3, and you're the only one that says 4, you are still right. You had it right the first time. Why would you cave and change, just to please people raging?
Well done,
I've played MW since 1994, and had really really high hopes for this game.
With inmates running the asylum, my hope is now hanging by a thread.
I'm not demanding you guys to change it back, i would like that, but that's not what this post is.
Want you guys to realize that all you've done is betray the loyalty I've invested into this game.

Thanks for nothing

#26 WarMonkey14

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:37 PM

i dont care about the heatsinks nerf or the laser patches or any of that. but when they buff LRMs after we have asked, cried, pleaded, begged, screamed, reasoned, and mentioned every which way that LRMs need a form of nerf; they instead make them the unstoppable force they were near the beginning of the beta. I'm just lost at how PGI could be so hardheaded that a majority of people who tested this in office could have said "yeah this is good. this will really bring out the best of mechwarrior and our players are gonna love this." there's just no ******* way

#27 Phellian

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:38 PM

My issue is the lag shields, they seem worse then ever. Killing a moving Jenner without Streaks is almost impossible.

The Pulse heat increase is rough, but not surprising.

LRM dmg has been high for a while now. Personally I'm just getting used to it I guess. Kinda "shrug" here it comes, oh well attitude.

The game is still beta, things need to be tweaked. Be patient is my advice.

#28 superbob

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

@OP
Posted Image
have a cat and relax.

If it's as bad as you feel it is, it will be hotfixed soon. This patch seems to have messed up quite a lot of things, the current situation shouldn't last long.

#29 Marvyra

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • 166 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:42 PM

Really? The game is terrible? IMO it just got a lot better, about LRMs your screen will scream INCOMING MISSILES! So people will know when to take cover.

But yeah, get your refund, it's not like PlanetSide 2 has any bugs at all, NO! /sarcasm

And people complaining about the group limit, IT'S A GOOD THING, stop thinking with your ***, it's not only about YOU and YOUR friends, it's about the whole freaking community and the new players, ESPECIALLY the new players. Your freaking group limit of 8 will be out in 2 weeks, have some bloody patience.

Edited by Marvyra, 06 November 2012 - 05:14 PM.

#30 Blood78

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 156 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:43 PM

I don't know how you guys test at PGI or if most of testing is automated testing. However if 16 people spent 30 minutes and dropped two games. Many of these bugs would have been caught very obviously.

LRMs not registering hits. Streaks missing perhaps too much. LRMs with Artemis hitting target with TAG = hardly any spread and almost all the missiles hit.

Also LRM flight pattern right now is so that even tall buildings don't block them. They all fly very high then drop directly at a sharp angle.

I know purpose of open beta is to catch bugs, do some loadtest, and crowdsource the testing efforst that company cannot on their own. However many of these bugs are very obvious that could have been caught very easily.

You're basically wasting goodwill and energy of open beta testers by letting these big obvious bugs out the door that could've been caught in way ahead of time.

Please consider that and do better job of testing before releasing a build to open beta. Otherwise, you'll miss out on people able to catch more obfuse bugs such as raven when firing LRMs fire one missile at a time as it if it was NARC and wasting anti-missile ammo.

#31 WaKK0

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 119 posts
  • LocationSTL

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:45 PM

To who ever thought this was a good idea,
Stop...

Seriously, this was unneeded, ugly, and now extremely annoying thing that blocks half the cap and forces this stupid run around the ugly thing game while people are defending and capping.

#32 Malcolm Decker

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 48 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:46 PM

View PostMrJJ, on 06 November 2012 - 04:23 PM, said:

You are assuming that by doubling something that it is twice as efficient. Not always the case.

You are correct its not always the case, but in battletech, it is.

View PostMrJJ, on 06 November 2012 - 04:23 PM, said:

So far they still work a lot better then standards by a large margin.

I wouldn't say 40% qualifies as a large margin for something that is 300% bigger. I like the idea from the guy who said we should call them "improved heatsinks" however at the cost of 3 slots for a mere 40% increase, I'm not sure if they are really an improvement. It just angers me because giving everyone true heatsinks cannot unbalance the game since EVERYONE CAN USE THEM. What it DOES do is punish anyone who tries to use non-gauss direct fire weapons (which are already bad enough) and reward people who use gauss or spam LRM's. Given that the current state of the game is mostly just an LRM-fest anyway, I can't really see how this helps balance.

#33 D3lness

• PipPip
  • Winged Reaper
  • Winged Reaper
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:46 PM

View PostSmudge504, on 06 November 2012 - 04:23 PM, said:

WAAAAAGHHHHHH i'm a cry baby!

Didn't know babies were Orks... but anyway. Given LRMs can get a bit silly, I think the same people that are raising such an obnoxious stink over it and reacting like this would complain in any game that takes some awareness or thought to play. I can already taste the tears when they go to Planet Side 2 and get killed non-stop for trying to be one-man-army. Take a step back, figure out how to handle the LRM boats and the approach. I do agree that we need ECM to make its way in before we see the balance we would like, but I haven't even seen much evidence that says people are looking ahead to possible fixes.

Instead of LRM fixes maybe we could consider map fixes if cover is too scarce? Maybe some maps were meant to be LRM nightmares/dreams (Caustic Valley comes to mind). Are you actually complaining about LRMs or is the enemy team better organized and efficient than yours? Do you/your team know how to handle the scouts that are making you an easy target and painting you for their LRM boats?

In summary, I will replace my atlas's nuclear reactor with that runs on your complaints and crying. If you want to see fixes then post suggestions or at least coherent feedback. Until then, please fuel my stompybot.

#34 AlchemistWard

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:47 PM

I will see you all in 2 Weeks to see if the Devs have realized that this patch has ruined this game.

#35 WarMonkey14

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:48 PM

View PostMarvyra, on 06 November 2012 - 04:42 PM, said:

Really? The game is terrible? IMO it just got a lot better, LRMs got a little nerf since your screen will scream INCOMING MISSILES! So people will know when to take cover.

But yeah, get your refund, it's not like PlanetSide 2 has any bugs at all, NO! /sarcasm

And people complaining about the group limit, IT'S A GOOD THING, stop thinking with your ***, it's not only about YOU and YOUR friends, it's about the whole freaking community and the new players, ESPECIALLY the new players. Your freaking group limit of 8 will be out in 2 weeks, have some bloody patience.

LOL at "LRMs got nerfed." you should actually play the game before you say such things bro. I agree the warning sign is nice, but otherwise the ridiculous amount of damage can dish out it absolutely stupid

edit: and since there seems to be enough ppl who are like "well maybe lrms dont need nerfs" let me present my idea for LRMS.

basic lrms spread over a 100x100m box around the targeted point or mech.
artemis LRMs hit like the current non-artemis LRMs

this allows for barrages and support mechanics rather than LRMs being more effective than an AC20 and dont require direct line of sight, and now (with artemis) even ignore enemy cover

Edited by WarMonkey14, 06 November 2012 - 04:51 PM.

#36 NoBodie

• PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 60 posts
  • LocationFredericton, NB, CA

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:51 PM

What is the one word you would use to sum up the patch of 6th Nov?

My word is: "Failed"

Why?

Matches still not balanced.
Missles not recording damage.
repair bill still to high.
Still no knockdown so it's a light mech paradise.
Double heat sinks are not double but 1.4 so why would you give up 2 slots for .4 heat dissapation.
System crashes for certain players.
weapons still not balanced out.
Internal structure not registering properly.

These is way more also.

But I already know what word the founders are going to useto respond to this post. Same one they always use "Suck" as in "Suck It Up" or "Live' as in "Live With It"

#37 Marvyra

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • 166 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:52 PM

View PostWarMonkey14, on 06 November 2012 - 04:48 PM, said:

LOL at "LRMs got nerfed." you should actually play the game before you say such things bro. I agree the warning sign is nice, but otherwise the ridiculous amount of damage can dish out it absolutely stupid

The nerf thing I meant was the whole screen screaming Incoming Missiles, wasn't that obvious? Lol. :rolleyes:

And yes, I just played 10 matches so saying that I haven't played is BS, "bro".

#38 devast8ndiscodave

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:52 PM

Yeah I am angry, only because I love Mechwarrior and don't like the way it turning out. Maybe the refund comment was a bit harsh and I have decided to wait. In the meantime I am playing Natural Selection 2 which is bloody amazing and well worth the purchase. It's one of those games that makes you proud to own a PC.
My original comment of it being terrible still stands because at the moment its pretty bad.

Edited by devast8ndiscodave, 06 November 2012 - 04:54 PM.

#39 WarMonkey14

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

View PostNoBodie, on 06 November 2012 - 04:51 PM, said:

What is the one word you would use to sum up the patch of 6th Nov?

My word is: "Failed"

Why?

Matches still not balanced.
Missles not recording damage.
repair bill still to high.
Still no knockdown so it's a light mech paradise.
Double heat sinks are not double but 1.4 so why would you give up 2 slots for .4 heat dissapation.
System crashes for certain players.
weapons still not balanced out.
Internal structure not registering properly.

These is way more also.

But I already know what word the founders are going to useto respond to this post. Same one they always use "Suck" as in "Suck It Up" or "Live' as in "Live With It"

on the DHS, i still give the slots up because tonnage wise i can get better heat eff with DHS than with single. the only difference is that DHS arnt as effective as before, but they're still better than singles unless you're packing alot of unused tonnage

otherwise, the word "failed" is still a good summary

Edited by WarMonkey14, 06 November 2012 - 04:54 PM.

#40 Ashnod

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,636 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

Its a beta, don't ask for a refund.. Just wait for the fix.. jeez

expect a nerf to damage probably.. perhaps back to 1 or 1.5

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users