Brawling With Hunchbacks

21 replies to this topic

#1 Axolotl777

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:22 PM

Hey guys, I would appreciate if someone could enlighten me on what popular Hunchback builds are out there. I'm thinking I'll get the HBK-4J, but I would also like to see what else is getting use too.

#2 Hex Pallett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...-hunchback-4-p/

You're welcome.

#3 StygianSon

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

I have been using the 4G for a while now, it has been working quite nicely for me. Not to say it doesn't have it's share of problems, mostly revolving around how quickly people peel that AC/20 off. Personally I am going for a 4SP as my next hunchy with streaks, and maybe a swayback (4P) but definitely tentative on that one. Especially when I get caustic valley so much, just do not know how that many laser could stand the heat.

#4 Axolotl777

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:45 PM

View PostHelmstif, on 06 November 2012 - 04:33 PM, said:

Exactly!

#5 Hex Pallett

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

View PostAxolotl777, on 06 November 2012 - 04:45 PM, said:

Exactly!

Glad you like it! However I just updated it, and the changes I made could possibly save you tons of CB so please go check it out again.

#6 Raso

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:49 PM

I'm partial to the Hunchback 4SP. The SRM6s are good at getting a lot of crits when they hit exposed armor and the 4 arm mounted beam lasers are great for getting hits on your blind spots. Best of all it's ready to drop the second you purchase it! As it is out of the box it is a VERY competitive design and further tweaking can only make it better!

As an added bonus you can even turn it into a great LRM boat in a pinch with out having to acquire an entirely separate chassis!

#7 Woogoose

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

I'm a HUGE fan of the 4SP. Four medium lasers, chained, keep a nice constant stream of damage with manageable heat. SRM6's to wreck exposed internals.

There's nothing quite as satisfying for me as watching 12 missiles hit a perfectly lead moving target, then twisting away.

"Cool guys don't look at explosions"

#8 Cstriker

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

The 4SP is about to get better with the release of the Artemis upgrade. It tightens up the spread of your SRMs making the missiles hit a smaller target area more consistantly over a longer range.

I can't wait to try it on my 4SP!

#9 Raso

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:49 PM

View PostCstriker, on 07 November 2012 - 03:33 PM, said:

The 4SP is about to get better with the release of the Artemis upgrade. It tightens up the spread of your SRMs making the missiles hit a smaller target area more consistantly over a longer range.

I can't wait to try it on my 4SP!

It absolutely helps! They still spread but the bulk of the missile mass hits in a nice, tight formation. So far my rearm cost for 2 tons is about 30k for ammo alone. That's not that bad with my largest total repair and rearm cost being something along the lines of ~63k with my endo steal frame and standard armor.

I dropped my small laser and added an AMS and a ton of AMS ammo but everything else is stock. She is a wonderful machine!

#10 Shalune

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 647 posts
  • LocationCombination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:07 PM

HKB-4J
XL 260 engine (90km/h with skills, 84.6 without)
Upgrades: DHS, Artemis

6x Med Laser
2x SRM6 (2t ammo)
6x DHS (2x LT, 2x RA, 2x LA)
AMS (1t ammo)

Armor: 272
H: 18
CT: 44 - 10
LT: 40 - 8
RT: 40 - 8
LA: 24
RA: 24
LL: 28
RL: 28

Group 1: 2x mlas arms
Group 2: 2x SRM6s
Group 3: 4x mlas torso/head

Don't stand and fight. Always be moving unless you are safe to line up to alpha something in the back. You will run hot. Be conservative using firing group 3. Pick your shots.

#11 Vallyn

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 65 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

Personally I love my 4P running with a 260 Standard, 9xML, and Endosteel.

Runs extremely hot, but judicious use of chain fire and alpha's allows you to do crazy damage.

#12 slayerkdm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:59 AM

I call it my cheapo mech.

Hunchback G

3 MG, 1 ton ammo
3 MPLAS
Standard 260 Engine
AMS, 1 ton ammo
Endo Steel
Double Heatsinks.

Seems like a dud I know, but I can play it even with my 4SP and My P. Obviously its a very short range fighter. It has no real alpha, and you have to play to constantly train your weapon, as opposed to a more twitchy play style. I find it quite fun to play, and cheap to run. Besides, MG's are cool to shoot, and it rattles some players when those rounds are hamering into their cockpit.

#13 Rathe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:02 AM

My personal favorite hunchback is the 4h Guassback. 1 gauss rifle, 3 tons ammo, and 4 MLs. fantastic damage projection, can snipe or get up in your face and punch you.

#14 SplinterMD

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

Tweak the stock 4SP with Endo and AMS for an amazingly balanced Mech and a joy to pilot.
The way the hard points are spread out means it's very hard to take you out of the battle without destroying you and the fact that you don't have the ubiquitous "hunch" on the RT means you don't have that huge bulls-eye painted on you...

Edited by SplinterMD, 08 November 2012 - 03:28 PM.

#15 King Arthur IV

• Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:14 AM

hunch back 4p the cbill king!!!

#16 LennStar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 476 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:00 AM

View PostVallyn, on 07 November 2012 - 07:47 PM, said:

Personally I love my 4P running with a 260 Standard, 9xML, and Endosteel.

Runs extremely hot, but judicious use of chain fire and alpha's allows you to do crazy damage.

I prefer to change the non-arms Med Laser to Light lasers.
You lose some Range power, but you should be fast enough to get close. The dmg output over time of the smalls is nearly the same as MedLas, but the 3 tons give you 3 more HS to go with (or 1 HS and AMS, I think the hunch hasn't got one at stock). You dont need to aim as long on the same spot but fire more often - both time wise and heat wise.
Sure Death to all lights dumb enough to circle you or the mech you teamed with. And deadly to an Assault in the back, too. Just dont go alone.

#17 Dark Apostle

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:05 PM

HBK 4G-F

AC/20 + 4t Ammo
3x MLAS
1x AMS+1t ammo
Endo
12xDHS
295 armour

This is a build I originally got from mechspecs that was a Gauss sniper. Works well as such but decided to go back to the AC/20 for funtimes and prefer the current setup I'm running.

#18 Aware

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 146 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:28 PM

This. http://www.mechspecs....php?152-******

#19 Grey Man

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 83 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

HBK-4P

STD 200
4xLLAS
1xSLAS
8xDHS
240 Armor
Endo

Never liked brawling with all the MLAS. Switched them all out for 4 LLAS in the hunch and reduced armor on the arms and legs. Hang back and snipe over hills with alpha strikes. If I get into a close range fight end up using the rest of the mech as a shield to protect the hunch as long as possible. If I'm still alive after the hunch gets blown off I tickle people with the SLAS till I get cored.

#20 Stingz

• 1,159 posts
  • Location*SIGNAL LOST*

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

View PostGrey Man, on 11 December 2012 - 06:20 PM, said:

HBK-4P

STD 200
4xLLAS
1xSLAS
8xDHS
240 Armor
Endo

Never liked brawling with all the MLAS. Switched them all out for 4 LLAS in the hunch and reduced armor on the arms and legs. Hang back and snipe over hills with alpha strikes. If I get into a close range fight end up using the rest of the mech as a shield to protect the hunch as long as possible. If I'm still alive after the hunch gets blown off I tickle people with the SLAS till I get cored.

That build seems more fitting on an Awesome, 4 L.Las on a medium is just getting ridiculous(in heat and weight).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users