196 replies to this topic

#1 Rejarial Galatan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:42 PM

What clan would you choose? If you need a list go here: http://en.wikipedia....28BattleTech%29

I myself choose CLAN WOLF!

Edited by Rejarial Galatan, 16 April 2012 - 08:44 PM.

#2 JadeTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:45 PM

I would play Jade Falcon if given the chance, no other options for me.

EDIT: I haven't decided what House to choose until(if they do so as playable) they introduce Clans yet.

Edited by JadeTimberwolf, 16 April 2012 - 08:50 PM.

#3 80sGlamRockSensation David Bowie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:45 PM

And I would choose House Kurita, every time.

#4 Big Mek Jake

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 43 posts
  • LocationCitrus Heights

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:47 PM

I always chose Jade Falcon when I played MechWarrior 2 as a kid, but after reading some of the lore I think I like the Federated Suns more.

#5 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:48 PM

To edit myself: given the option, Clan Wolf, if I am forced to stay IS then, Kurita of the Draconis Combine. But, like I said, if I can go Clan, then WOLF! hehe

#6 Steamroller Stig

• PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:51 PM

Mercs. They gets to best of both worlds.

if I had to choose a side I would go clan just because hate all the humanoid mechs out of the IS.

#7 LordDeathStrike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationBanished from nearly every world of the Inner Sphere on suspicions of being an assassin.

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:51 PM

View PostRejarial Galatan, on 16 April 2012 - 08:42 PM, said:

What clan would you choose? If you need a list go here: http://en.wikipedia....28BattleTech%29

I myself choose CLAN WOLF!

i wanna play at launch, so obviously IS, since clans arent in any sort of playable state until 3052! which in the games current timeline and pacing, is 2015!

#8 Ramien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • LocationToledo

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:52 PM

IS. Clans are an interesting concept, but they don't really suit my goals for being a Mechwarrior.

#9 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:01 PM

Your timeline may be right, but who knows how they will bump the years on us. I agree if they stay on the 1 day IRL is 1 day in MWO then, ya, 2015. But, I have this feeling that depending on reception and how the game is floating, things may change.

#10 Zylo

• 1,782 posts
  • Locationunknown, possibly drunk

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:13 PM

I don't expect the clans to be in at launch, however if they somehow do make it in I would most certainly choose clan wolf again (same as the MW2 days, only clan I've ever been a part of).

I think there may be a fairly large faction of players that might be turned off by the lack of clan faction choices, personally I have no interest in IS factions so I'd probably choose not to ally with any faction if that was an option until clans show up.

#11 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:16 PM

Been sitting here reading and responding to my own thread and I had a thought that bothered me. I played the MW2 Expansion Ghost Bear's Legacy and I was partial to them for the Stone Rhino and the Kodiak, but, in MW2 I was more loyal to Wolf than to Falcon. I hate being conflicted now. Heck with it. Still Wolf.

#12 FACEman Peck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • LocationB.F.E.

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:29 PM

IS. They won. 'Nuff said.

#13 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:31 PM

View PostFACEman Peck, on 16 April 2012 - 09:29 PM, said:

Going with just who 'won' is imho not enough. Who's story speaks to you as a person? what house? what Clan? the choice cannot be simply made based on who won.

#14 pursang

• 1,877 posts
  • LocationSurrey BC, Canada

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:31 PM

I choose Clan Banannaramma. That's a Clan, right?

#15 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:32 PM

View Postpursang, on 16 April 2012 - 09:31 PM, said:

I choose Clan Banannaramma. That's a Clan, right?

nope srry. nice try tho XD

#16 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:35 PM

My faction of choice would be Clan Wolf.

I also intend to fight like a Clan warrior should, I'm afraid however that the Clans are going to get swarmed with munchkins and griefers for the better tech.

Seriously, if your only knowledge of the Clans comes from the videogames, then I suggest that you look into the following books:
http://www.sarna.net...Clan_Sourcebook
http://www.sarna.net...lcon_Sourcebook
http://www.sarna.net...ra_Report:_3052
http://www.sarna.net...ood_of_Kerensky
http://www.sarna.net...he_Jade_Phoenix

There are more books, but the above should cover what you need to know about the current setting.

I have also created a thread for info on how a Clan warrior should act:
http://mwomercs.com/...a-clan-warrior/

View PostFACEman Peck, on 16 April 2012 - 09:29 PM, said:

The IS couldn't do squat without help from Clan Wolf/Comstar at Tukayyid and later all the Warden Clans during the Great Refusal.

Edited by Stormwolf, 16 April 2012 - 09:36 PM.

#17 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:36 PM

View PostRejarial Galatan, on 16 April 2012 - 08:48 PM, said:

To edit myself: given the option, Clan Wolf, if I am forced to stay IS then, Kurita of the Draconis Combine. But, like I said, if I can go Clan, then WOLF! hehe

If I am forced to take a clan i would choose Smoke Jaguars - gives me the option to kill snakes - but thankfully it would last some time till all boys are running to get clan tech - nethertheless i stay with the Tamar Pact - or if you welps are able to drive us out - i see you again on Skye

View PostStormwolf, on 16 April 2012 - 09:35 PM, said:

The IS couldn't do squat without help from Clan Wolf/Comstar at Tukayyid and later all the Warden Clans during the Great Refusal.

Without ComStar those Clan Wanabes wouldn't have hade the intel to know what force they face - their looses would have been terrible.
Clan Wolf would have smaked without "IS" Warriors like Phelan or after retireremnt Nat Kerensky - don't say she is clan - a life in the IS turns everybody into IS

Edited by Karl Streiger, 16 April 2012 - 09:39 PM.

#18 MacabreDerek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • LocationManitoba

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:37 PM

I am still not sure where my loyalties lay. It's probably going to be decided once I find a company to run with that I actually enjoy working with. Had some great expirence with Clans in my youth, and I naturally have a soft-spot for them, but I've been meeting alot of people on the boards who are IS players and playing IS is slowly growing on me.

That being said, Any excuse to ride in a Summoner, Mad Dog, Warhawk or Timberwolf will probably not be passed up by me, because these are the mechs I grew up with. That being said, the Catapult, Hunchback and Awesome are starting to grow on me lol

#19 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:43 PM

IF I can buy Clan tech as a member of the DCMS of Kurita, then, I WILL buy it. My prized rides are Timberwolf, Timberwolf MK2 Mad Dog, Warhawk, Direwolf and the Marauder IIC. You do not NEED to be clan for the ability to use clan tech. Just makes access easier XD

#20 Zylo

• 1,782 posts
  • Locationunknown, possibly drunk

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:44 PM

View PostStormwolf, on 16 April 2012 - 09:35 PM, said:

I also intend to fight like a Clan warrior should, I'm afraid however that the Clans are going to get swarmed with munchkins and griefers for the better tech.

Equipment cost could really put a stop to this sort of problem. A massive repair bill would stop people from doing the whole TK thing although I admit I do also like the WoT solution to TK'ers where their icon turns blue and anyone on the same team can kill that player without penalty. Since these players tend to be the impatient type as well a far harder exp/c-bill/faction grind would help steer the ez-mode players away from the clans.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users