423 replies to this topic

#341 Aegis Kleais

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:43 AM

View Postlpmagic, on 09 May 2012 - 03:25 PM, said:

Yup, I would say it was a very good idea!!!!!!

Thing is, they're not having a closed beta; it's open.

#342 FireFace

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 4 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, USA

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:48 AM

No closed beta? It is in closed beta right now. That's what 'Friends and family beta' is, a beta that is not open to the public, i.e. closed.

#343 Aegis Kleais

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:53 AM

View PostFireFace, on 10 May 2012 - 05:48 AM, said:

No closed beta? It is in closed beta right now. That's what 'Friends and family beta' is, a beta that is not open to the public, i.e. closed.

He spoke of the public getting access to a closed beta. There is no public closed beta. There will be a public OPEN beta.

Edited by Aegis Kleaisâ„¢, 10 May 2012 - 05:53 AM.

#344 Doxy

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:59 AM

WTB Friends and Family with MWO Beta access =]

#345 pursang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,877 posts
  • LocationSurrey BC, Canada

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:00 AM

View PostDoxy, on 10 May 2012 - 05:59 AM, said:

WTB Friends and Family with MWO Beta access =]

I heard that Garth was taken bribes a while ago. You might still be able to get in on that! :D

#346 lpmagic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • 319 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:20 AM

View PostAegis Kleais™, on 10 May 2012 - 05:43 AM, said:

Thing is, they're not having a closed beta; it's open.

first off, as someone else, already pointed out, they are in "closed Beta" as we speak. Secondly, no matter what they announce, they are still trying to figure out how this will all work, things can change, there are so many variables in a game release, they may want to try certain things, my whole point is to be prepared to help them in any small way we can, if being available is all I can do, then so be it :D I know everyone else is available as well, but almost no one has such a non awe inspiring rig as I do, I'm ideal for them!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

#347 Aegis Kleais

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:50 AM

View Postlpmagic, on 10 May 2012 - 10:20 AM, said:

first off, as someone else, already pointed out, they are in "closed Beta" as we speak. Secondly, no matter what they announce, they are still trying to figure out how this will all work, things can change, there are so many variables in a game release, they may want to try certain things, my whole point is to be prepared to help them in any small way we can, if being available is all I can do, then so be it :D I know everyone else is available as well, but almost no one has such a non awe inspiring rig as I do, I'm ideal for them!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Beta = Game Stage (Alpha, Beta, Gold)
Closed/Open = Whether anyone can join or there are limited seats
Public/Private = Whether they are accepting playtesters internally or externally.

The beta running right now may be open or closed (we don't know, but I would assume it's not 'closed', cause it makes no sense when the beta isn't public), but either way, it's Private; not for us. The beta coming in summer will be an Open Public Beta.

#348 Ursus_Spiritus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 292 posts
  • LocationDecrypting your Authentication codes.

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:03 AM

PGI did you know get the memo that all of us that belong to the Mechwarrior/Battletech community are family and friends???

I think someone forgot to CC them on that memo!

/cries hysterically.

#349 Kaemon

• 1,924 posts
  • LocationMN

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:09 AM

(so I'm going the opposite route of Suicidal *****, one of us has to get in!)

Dear PGI,

Please grant me access to your bathroom (mine is broken atm), I have a phone that only makes phone calls, a laptop with 1 jigawatts of diskware RAM/ROM (that's a lot), some squiggly erasure nub dealie that controls my cursor (it's red and falls off alot), and I can type with 3 fingers at a time...on both hands.

I will send you no money sadly, as Nigerian Princes have it all tied up right now (until the coup ends, then I'll be rolling in it!).

Basically if I can play your game, you will have no fear that anyone can play it, therefore I am the perfect candidate for your Better testing (I really hope it makes my computer better, it's so very slow right now, I can barely get AOL to work).

Also, how does it work on WebTV? Cause I just got that, and it's AWESOM3 (to further illustrate my awesome interweb skill, I used a 3 instead of an e.

I will wait for your box of disks to arrive at my house.

:D

Edited by Kaemon, 10 May 2012 - 11:10 AM.

#350 Aegis Kleais

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:11 AM

View Post8100d 5p4tt3r, on 10 May 2012 - 11:03 AM, said:

PGI did you know get the memo that all of us that belong to the Mechwarrior/Battletech community are family and friends???

I think someone forgot to CC them on that memo!

/cries hysterically.

The "Friends and Family" Beta was actually the abbreviated title.

It's actually the "Friends and Family of Paul Inouye Beta", and as such, is the reason why nobody from the community is in the beta. We're not family of Paul, and we sure as HECK don't qualify as a friend, ally, chum, well-wisher, associate, acquaintance, crony, pal, partner or even compatriot.

#351 Aegis Kleais

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:16 AM

View PostKaemon, on 10 May 2012 - 11:09 AM, said:

(so I'm going the opposite route of Suicidal *****, one of us has to get in!)

Dear PGI,

Please grant me access to your bathroom (mine is broken atm), I have a phone that only makes phone calls, a laptop with 1 jigawatts of diskware RAM/ROM (that's a lot), some squiggly erasure nub dealie that controls my cursor (it's red and falls off alot), and I can type with 3 fingers at a time...on both hands.

I will send you no money sadly, as Nigerian Princes have it all tied up right now (until the coup ends, then I'll be rolling in it!).

Basically if I can play your game, you will have no fear that anyone can play it, therefore I am the perfect candidate for your Better testing (I really hope it makes my computer better, it's so very slow right now, I can barely get AOL to work).

Also, how does it work on WebTV? Cause I just got that, and it's AWESOM3 (to further illustrate my awesome interweb skill, I used a 3 instead of an e.

I will wait for your box of disks to arrive at my house.

:D

Mr. Kaemon

It is with deep regret that we inform you of your denial into the closed Friends and Family Beta program in tandem with your henceforward banishment from use of our facilities.

Your credentials, flawless as they are, were instantaneously invalidated the moment you demonstrated said internet skills (which could not pay the bills), and spelled 'Awesome' with a number.

Thank you for your interest. Enclosed is a Buy 1 Get None FREE coupon at your local Del Taco.

Sincerely,
Huey L. Dewey
of Dewey Suem & Howe, LLC.

#352 Kaemon

• 1,924 posts
  • LocationMN

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:17 AM

View PostAegis Kleais™, on 10 May 2012 - 11:11 AM, said:

The "Friends and Family" Beta was actually the abbreviated title.

It's actually the "Friends and Family of Paul Inouye Beta", and as such, is the reason why nobody from the community is in the beta. We're not family of Paul, and we sure as HECK don't qualify as a friend, ally, chum, well-wisher, associate, acquaintance, crony, pal, partner or even compatriot.

Speak for yourself! I could stand in a room with him for 10 minutes and not even get slightly queasy.

yay! Dramamine!

FYI - the toilets broken, it was like that when I got here.

Edited by Kaemon, 10 May 2012 - 11:18 AM.

#353 Aegis Kleais

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:21 AM

View PostKaemon, on 10 May 2012 - 11:17 AM, said:

Speak for yourself! I could stand in a room with him for 10 minutes and not even get slightly queasy.

yay! Dramamine!

FYI - the toilets broken, it was like that when I got here.

It's a widely known fact that Paul has a face that'd make a train stop, backup and take a dirt road.

As for the toilets, did you blow out an 'O' ring? You gotta be careful with those Puerto Rican Porcelain Pounders and Caucasian Crapper Crackers.... they just don't make fudge dumpsters like they used to.

#354 Kaemon

• 1,924 posts
  • LocationMN

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:27 AM

View PostAegis Kleais™, on 10 May 2012 - 11:21 AM, said:

It's a widely known fact that Paul has a face that'd make a train stop, backup and take a dirt road.

As for the toilets, did you blow out an 'O' ring? You gotta be careful with those Puerto Rican Porcelain Pounders and Caucasian Crapper Crackers.... they just don't make fudge dumpsters like they used to.

The only thing we're flushing down right now is our BETA access, lol.

#355 neodym

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts
  • Locationready to help with closed beta

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:01 PM

in next 7 days it will be full month since friends and family beta stage,so I expect closed beta in one or two weeks

Edited by neodym, 10 May 2012 - 12:01 PM.

#356 Droz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 182 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:21 PM

I WANT!!!! I WANT I WANT I WANT!

#357 Samuel Maxwell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 107 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:26 PM

In the words of a legend, "Trolling for invitations—a time-honored tradition at epic events." ~Morgan Kell. December 31st, 3027

:P

Edited by Samuel Maxwell, 10 May 2012 - 08:27 PM.

#358 Howling Mad Murdock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • LocationPlanet Sian....but sometimes Essex, UK

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:09 AM

I am SO excited about the open beta... I really hope it is on its way to us in a few weeks.....

....I must buy a Magic Tree for the cockpit.... gets a bit whiffy after a few battles....

Edited by Howling Mad Murdock, 12 May 2012 - 11:32 PM.

#359 Aym

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:48 AM

I'm anxiously awaiting more news with everyone else here, however I'm really only posting because I threw my system specs into my sig and JUST in case that gets me an invite I want I want I want, lol.

*edited* Fixed

Edited by Aym, 11 May 2012 - 08:53 AM.

#360 l33tspock

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 18 posts
  • LocationLots

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:40 PM

I envy you all, so much.

So excited to see this in either options of closed or---more likely---open beta!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh So excited! Keep up the great work!

15 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users