Friends And Family Beta Is A Go

423 replies to this topic

#361 neodym

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts
  • Locationready to help with closed beta

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:12 AM

View PostHowling Mad Murdock, on 11 May 2012 - 02:09 AM, said:

I am SO excited about the open beta... I really hope it is on its way to us in a few weeks.....

....I must by a Magic Tree for the cockpit.... gets a bit whiffy after a few battles....

I wonder how long will closed beta run,if it gets to closed beta in two weeks and then open beta another two weaks,we could maybe haz open beta in month,I mean I live in relatively cold europe part and its hot as hell here,full blown summer..... I mean cmon,its racional that my local temperatures means that beta should be released when they promised it in summer right? :blink:

#362 StandingCow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,069 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:37 AM

Anyone that works for PGI want to adopt a 31 year old male? Just until open beta at least? :blink:

#363 SKills

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationNottingham, UK

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:19 PM

I have no friends or family, so my chances of getting a Beta invite are slim ;)

#364 Soul Cruiser

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationAlpha Strike Rising from the ashes

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:08 PM

I've been watching from the back of the bus and just had a catch up with my old clan (I never left) and interest is growing for MWO. I've see the trailers and screenies etc. I have to say you appear to be doing a first class job thus far.

Keep it up

Peace Out

#365 raysin

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationWest Covina, CA

Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:57 PM

woohooo, this shall be very fun ;) hope to be included in the beta!

#366 Warnpeace

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:40 AM

I appreciate that you are bringing us the game free of charge BUT it would be nice if the game works and works well that you make a commitment to a release date or at least an open beta PLEASE instead of making us wait for absolutely no reason.
We understand that there will be bugs but it does not matter to us and we could and would help you find any bugs that have not yet been found and even help you to solve some of the problems.
Please allow the community that has been waiting for 10 years for this game to come out to actually help it get off the ground.

#367 RevenG

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:27 AM

Take your time and get it to where you think it should be before open beta. I have faith in you guys. That said; Is it ready yet?! How about now?! Is it ready yet?! Now?! Is it ready yet?!

#368 coyote69

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationToronto,Canada

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:41 AM

ok so when is it to be a go to download the game ? :blink:

#369 fenris123

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:57 AM

Hey!. i'm one of the "old guard" of battletech. From the old 3025 board game to the mechwarrior 2, 3, 4 and his mercenaries, and i have been expecting this for years. Regards from Spain, and i hope to see all of you from inside of the copkit of my old phoenix hawk......

#370 Notch

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:46 AM

One step closer till' closed beta :blink:

#371 Solarflux

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationDeventer, Netherlands

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:34 AM

Feels so close now.. Can't wait!

#372 Valerin

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationWatkins,CO

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:41 PM

I cant wait for the open beta. I was a battlemaster for Wizkids for a few years and have played every Mecwarrior game that I have been able to find. It didnt matter to me if it was a table top game or PC game. When will we know if the beta is open to all or not and how will battle groups/Freets be organized?

#373 Aramis Ward

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:43 PM

I have been playing BT on tabletop since the Battledroids days. I have been waiting for a long time, hope my pc can handle it !

#374 Crash5400

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:17 PM

I'll do you guys one better, I played Mechwarrior 1 on Mplayer back in the day. Was a member of a clan and participated in wars and it was a blast. Looking for some of that old magic to re- appear.

Like the others I dont mind playing through the bugs sooner ratner than later.

Cheers

Crash

#375 Howling Mad Murdock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • LocationPlanet Sian....but sometimes Essex, UK

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:15 AM

I personally think the Open Beta will be more about stress testing the servers than bug fixing, most of the bugs will hopefully have been resolved in the Closed Friends and Family Beta. We will of course experience a few more teething issues and perhaps some small adjustments made in game like Weapon Power Adjustment, Mech speed, Armour strength etc but that is normal when closing in on the full release :P

#376 pursang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,877 posts
  • LocationSurrey BC, Canada

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:36 AM

View PostWarnpeace, on 13 May 2012 - 06:40 AM, said:

I appreciate that you are bringing us the game free of charge BUT it would be nice if the game works and works well that you make a commitment to a release date or at least an open beta PLEASE instead of making us wait for absolutely no reason.
We understand that there will be bugs but it does not matter to us and we could and would help you find any bugs that have not yet been found and even help you to solve some of the problems.
Please allow the community that has been waiting for 10 years for this game to come out to actually help it get off the ground.

I've found in my experience that not everyone does, sadly enough. Many people think that "beta test" is just another term for "demo" and whine accordingly. Besides that, committing to no release date is the safest thing they can do at this moment. That means they won't be rushed for time, and they won't be pushed to have a product (no matter its state) out at a particular date.

Edited by pursang, 14 May 2012 - 02:37 AM.

#377 T C Baxter

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:05 AM

Everything looks great to me so far. I've been waiting for this to happen for years. Got my Guiness in the fridge and can't wait for the game to go online to the public.

#378 BassCreator

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:31 AM

I hope, closed beta test near.

#379 Malikai Constant

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 27 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:45 AM

Looks like the friends and family are having a good time, I'm glad to see them taking the time to ensure that the bugs are worked out. Hopefully things are going smoothly. For myself while I am anxious to play, I like to see them putting as much polish on it as they can.

#380 deputydog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 406 posts
  • LocationAustin

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:06 AM

I had forgetton that this game was in production. Glad to see its getting close. Been missing battltech from my life for too long now.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users