Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:58 PM

Rifleman Junior^^ love it ^_^

#122 verybad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:05 AM

View PostMorang, on 07 November 2012 - 12:58 PM, said:

Twin Gauss on a 45 ton 'mech? Oh, my...

I recall some jokes about squeezing a Gauss (or a Long Tom) into a Flea with ballistic hardpoints (FLE-15).

THat's more like taking a Gauss Rifle and putting a flea on it...Lets see:
20 tons
3 ton cockpit.
0.5 Ton engine (100 rated XL)
1 Ton Internal (Endo)
15 trons gauss
only 0.5 tons left...Not enough for ammo ^_^ (let alone armor

You COULD fit an AC-20 with ONE ton ammo on there perhaps givne the right crits and hardpoint location (would need arm location for the ballistic.

Still more of a lolz loadout...

#123 Tristan Kell

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:59 AM

View PostCiel Noir, on 07 November 2012 - 11:12 AM, said:

wow!! an omnimech!! this should be interesting...

Eh. No. Inner Sphere Omnis aren't til 3057. This is the stock 3025 BJ, though obviously one that has been upgraded with new tech (Gonna guess an XL engine, at minimum, since it really doesn't list the secondary weapons, but if it has dual UAC5 backed by 4 Mediums, probably DHS and Endo too.)

#124 Steinar Bergstol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:45 AM

I never really liked the old look of the Blackjack, but this? This is very, very nice. Well done, FD. You've worked your magic again. Guess we shouldn't be surprised though. Anyone who can make the Jagermech and Cataphract look good can make anything look good.

Hmm... The Blackjack is 45 tons... Wonder if I could manage to turn a variant into a Phoenix Hawk.

Edited by Steinar Bergstol, 08 November 2012 - 03:29 AM.

#125 Joe Davion 86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 269 posts
  • LocationCLT-NC

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:55 AM

Maybe...1 LL, 2/3 ML, 2 MGs? that would work. wouldnt have the jump range of a PHawk tho.

#126 Suskis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 276 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:58 AM

the original 3025 Blackjack was a useless mech (AC/5 is a silly weapon)

#127 Joe Davion 86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 269 posts
  • LocationCLT-NC

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:05 AM

speak for yourself suskis, i have lots of success with AC-5s

#128 Draken X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 320 posts
  • LocationGMT+8

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:27 AM

I knew either Blackjack or Vindicator will be the next medium mech. Though... I was expecting Vindicator. ;)

Since Blackjack was my second guess, well never mind then. This was not what I'm expecting, but I'll differ.

PS: But why Blackjack over Vindicator? Was it because some people think that the Vindicator variants have a 'lousy' loadouts? Or was it because they wanna cater the ballistics-loving folks even more by introducing Blackjack as a higher priority?
I guess the devs are literally catering the ballistics and missiles fanboys and abandoning energy weapons... Heh, no wonder the PPCs and laser weapons are now close to useless and liable these days.

Edited by Draken X, 08 November 2012 - 07:41 AM.

#129 Steinar Bergstol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:04 AM

View PostJoe Davion 86, on 08 November 2012 - 04:55 AM, said:

Maybe...1 LL, 2/3 ML, 2 MGs? that would work. wouldnt have the jump range of a PHawk tho.

Hmm... Well, it should be able to get the PHawk jumprange by adding two more jumpjets. Well, once jumpjet range and speed works the way it should, unlike the current "all you need is a single jet" situation. Would need to up the size of the engine as well to get it to PHawk speed.

#130 Grumm Esverian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 210 posts
  • LocationElizabethtown, kentucky

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:17 AM

View PostSquareSphere, on 07 November 2012 - 11:38 AM, said:

It's called literary consistency, and having the pilot having UA5s adds NOTHING to the story other to confuse players that know that the Blackjack did not ever come with UA5s.

These players you're referring to also apparently have incredibly low reading-comprehension scores, given that anyone who actually read the story would know it was a custom job.

#131 Grumm Esverian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 210 posts
  • LocationElizabethtown, kentucky

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:20 AM

View PostSuskis, on 08 November 2012 - 04:58 AM, said:

the original 3025 Blackjack was a useless mech (AC/5 is a silly weapon)

Considering it had AC/2s...

#132 Teirdome

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:34 AM

I'm a little bummed to see another 4/6 medium. I solo 4/6 HBKs in my scout mechs all the time while taking very little damage. Heavy mech speed without heavy armament or heavy survivability just isn't very good.

#133 MayGay

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 304 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:34 AM

View PostCiel Noir, on 07 November 2012 - 11:12 AM, said:

wow!! an omnimech!! this should be interesting...

Actually the omni is based on the original non-omni 45 ton Blackjack

Too slow too keep up with lights, not enough armour to fight with other mediums, not enough firepower to help heavies, I never really liked it, also isn't it a Capellan 'mech

on a high note I really like the remodel, the old one was just ugly, the new one is much better

Edited by James Griffin, 08 November 2012 - 08:35 AM.

#134 Martini Henrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • LocationNottingham UK

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:39 AM

Another fantastic looking mech, pity about all the numpties that couldn't be bothered to both read and comprehend the piece of fiction...

I can't wait until the mech circus gets filled out and there are a vast number to choose from. It's looking good from here!

#135 darkness404

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:55 AM

Great to see the Blackjack in the game too!

#136 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:00 AM

View PostMeerKatV, on 07 November 2012 - 09:15 PM, said:

Bodyguard, skirmisher - Centurion check
Scout,raider - Cicada check
Missile support -Trebuchet check
Long range ballistic support - Blackjack check
Brawler - Hunchback check

Boy, the medium mech roster is full!

It is!! Now let's see the Heavies:

Bodyguard, skirmisher - Cataphract check
Scout,raider - Dragon check
Missile support - Catapult check
Long range ballistic support - JagerMech check
Brawler - Orion soon?

#137 Sennin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 459 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:39 AM

All I can say is Meh...

I never cared for the Blackjack with the exception of the Large Laser variant. Also, I REALLY never cared for the way it looked and while this doesnt seem like a huge improvement to me, it's still better than the original. I will say that with this new slim and taller looking profile it should be a surpeme pain in the arse to hit from any angle but the front or back at medium to long range. So kudo's for that.

#138 verybad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:44 AM

Orion would so fit this line of mechs.
1. It's considered the most common heavy in the Inner Sphere.
2. It's almost an Assault mech (75 tons, it should be able to hold it's own with Awesomes)
3. It's got similiar base speed to most mechs in the game (64 KPH) It's got a good mix of all weapons types (Kind of like a mini-Atlas in weapon load out)
4. It's in Iconic Marik mech, as well as the ride for the greatest Generall ever (Alexandr Kerensky)
5. It's non symetrical (something I love)
6. It's simply a good fricking mech very well armored, very well armed, not a boat but a mix od weapons.
7. There are lots of variants.
8. It's considered a command mech (possibility for a build with extra electronics)
9. Hero mech possibilities:The Orion has long been favored as a command 'Mech, and was notably the preferred 'Mech of Aleksandr Kerensky. Centuries later, this same mech was found and piloted by Theodore Kurita until its destruction on Marfik during the Fourth Succession War.[13] Sometime after this, the cockpit from this same mech was put on display at a museum on Solaris.[14] 10. A huge potential for enhanced artwork

IMO, the Orion would be the absolute best choice for the next (and probably last) Inner Sphere Heavy before Clan units start getting designed) After than, one more Assalt mech brings it to a nice even 20,, a good number for the game.

Edited by verybad, 08 November 2012 - 11:44 AM.

#139 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:19 PM

View Postverybad, on 08 November 2012 - 11:44 AM, said:

Orion would so fit this line of mechs.
1. It's considered the most common heavy in the Inner Sphere.
2. It's almost an Assault mech (75 tons, it should be able to hold it's own with Awesomes)
3. It's got similiar base speed to most mechs in the game (64 KPH) It's got a good mix of all weapons types (Kind of like a mini-Atlas in weapon load out)
4. It's in Iconic Marik mech, as well as the ride for the greatest Generall ever (Alexandr Kerensky)
5. It's non symetrical (something I love)
6. It's simply a good fricking mech very well armored, very well armed, not a boat but a mix od weapons.
7. There are lots of variants.
8. It's considered a command mech (possibility for a build with extra electronics)
9. Hero mech possibilities:The Orion has long been favored as a command 'Mech, and was notably the preferred 'Mech of Aleksandr Kerensky. Centuries later, this same mech was found and piloted by Theodore Kurita until its destruction on Marfik during the Fourth Succession War.[13] Sometime after this, the cockpit from this same mech was put on display at a museum on Solaris.[14] 10. A huge potential for enhanced artwork

IMO, the Orion would be the absolute best choice for the next (and probably last) Inner Sphere Heavy before Clan units start getting designed) After than, one more Assalt mech brings it to a nice even 20,, a good number for the game.

I love you.

#140 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:43 PM

View Postverybad, on 08 November 2012 - 11:44 AM, said:

It would be a horrible choice, because it is a copy-paste of Atlas. Same speed, weapons, same hardpoints on the same places, just a lot less armor + smaller engine weight.

45 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 45 guests, 0 anonymous users