Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:04 AM

"Clever use of game mechanics"

#83 Jun Watarase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:09 AM

What us vs them? We are just pointing out that it is an official decision by PGI that this is an exploit. Which people in this thread have repeatedly refused to recognise.

#84 BigJim

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationChesterfield, England

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:20 AM

Last night I dropped in a team of 4x, and we ended up with a second team of 4x on our side (different unit, they merely confirmed they were 4x, part of "a very large merc unit" - I'm assuming SoR or ponies, both of whom are on track to rival the Chinese or Soviet red army in terms of sheer manpower).

In any case, with no communication or synced launch, it's eminently possible to drop as 2x teams of 4x, and both be on the same side.
So I cannot see how it could be called an exploit to drop together as the OP describes.
Is it any more "fair" on the other team when my 4x and some other unit's 4x end up teamed together?

It would be the easiest thing in the world for the MM to explicitly exclude 2x 4's from forming a team should the devs wish it to be the case, but that clearly is not the case.

Everybody knew that there was far too much emotional capital invested in this argument for people to just be chill & enjoy life after the MM went into phase-1, this thread just confirms it.

I see syncing drops to be no different from the drop I was in last night, and with the best will in the world to the individual, I won't be losing sleep if I'm invited into a synced drop because of the word of one (hopelessly overworked if that email is any indication) CSR rep.

Edited by BigJim, 09 November 2012 - 08:33 AM.

#85 Inertiaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:38 AM

View PostJun Watarase, on 09 November 2012 - 08:09 AM, said:

What us vs them? We are just pointing out that it is an official decision by PGI that this is an exploit. Which people in this thread have repeatedly refused to recognise.

Yeah we're all cowering here waiting for the ban hammer to come down on the 20 paying players implicated in this tragic scandal. Honestly I'm totally bricking it.

#86 BlackAce

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:30 AM

My god! We're such exploiters we even came on the main forums to tell everyone about it! The fact we drop against each other twice as often as we drop together is seemingly irrelevant to some people.

#87 StonedVet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:34 AM

Same tactics are used in WoT .. get yor buddies together and do a countdown for drops.

#88 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:49 AM

So is the use of only one Jump jet but I read that people do it!

#89 Barnaby Jones

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 434 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:53 AM

View PostBlackAce, on 09 November 2012 - 09:30 AM, said:

My god! We're such exploiters we even came on the main forums to tell everyone about it! The fact we drop against each other twice as often as we drop together is seemingly irrelevant to some people.

And some unscrupulous individuals repeatedly bumped it with humorous images too...

#90 Barnaby Jones

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 434 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:01 AM

View PostBarnaby Jones, on 09 November 2012 - 10:53 AM, said:

And some unscrupulous individuals repeatedly bumped it with humorous images too...

...only to find that the mods deleted said posts (but not the posts quoting the pic posts)

Hilarity ensues..

And just to be clear Jun... a screenshot of an email exchange on a ticket does not constitute " an official statement from PGI"

#91 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:01 AM

Barnaby Jones I used to watch that show!

#92 Kerosene

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:02 AM

Posted Image

And now I can't go into a 16 man premade games.

Phase 2 here we come!

#93 Joe Kid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 205 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:19 AM

Um looks like to me they were trying to drop two 8 man groups against each other and we have been doing that forever to not drop against pugs. Pugs dont like it and premades don't like it. So what is the exploit? I don't 'understand?

#94 jakucha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:21 AM

Make sure you actually submit tickets rather than just circle jerking here though.

#95 Honelith

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:24 AM

This is why I'm worried PGI are making this game and not another developer with more online experience.

#96 F lan Ker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • LocationArctic Circle

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:30 AM

S!

Be sure to spam the devs with tickets so they can have a laugh during their hectic schedule of trying to fix things and create new stuff :) You can end up against a 4 + 4 "premade" even without "syncing" it. Is that so hard to grasp? And FYI we ended up MOST of the time against eachother or in separate matches as a 4-man group. So there goes your theory down the drain. And as pointed out, in many games this "procedure" works as well, but see no-one complaining like the individuals here :) At least those trying this provide data to devs instead of whining like kiddies with their lollipops taken out from their mouth :P

#97 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:41 AM

This isn't an exploit lol
It doesn't give you an ill-gotten gains. The ones that want to drop solo stop:
A.) Complaining because your team runs off in 8 different directions
B.) Complaining because there's no teamwork
C.) Complaining that no one listens to you when you suggest a plan
D.) Complaining that you're getting beat because the other team is too well coordinated

Now, with that said. premies and pugs both have the EXACT same teamwork opportunities as the other side. Just because you choose not to work together as a team doesn't mean the other side is "cheating" or "exploiting" anything or anyone. That means they just work better at being a team and coordinating. It amazes me that people still use TS and groups as a boogeyman. It's not nearly as prevalent now but then I see some of the posts in here.

You're not losing because of some magical exploit. You're losing because you're not working together as well as the other side. Sometimes we just lose because the other side is quite simply better. It has nothing to do with them using magic powers. It has to do with not working as a team 90% of the time.

Instead of grinding your teeth and clenching your jaw, learn the intricacies of the game, ask questions from more experienced players, watch HOW you got beat when you do lose.

#98 Riffleman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:08 PM

Its funny to read these sad posts which boil down to "haha pgi tried to nurf our pugstomping fun, but we found a way around it! teamwork is king, pugs aerf da scum, we paiz all da billz game shud work way we wants". But you know whats going to be even funnier. Is when half of the 1337 dudez get into real matchmaking vs other teams, and their win/loss plummets to a terrible 50/50 ratio and they cant take it anymore and either commit game sepiku, or continue to double launch with 2 teams so they can feel like big men beating bads.

Its usually the same people defending every choice PGI makes, even when they retract said choice a week later for gross imcompotence reasons. Gold tinted glasses must make it hard to see it for what it is. A game to have fun on. By cheating trying to launch 2 groups to be on the same side for the purpose of thumbing your nose at PGI and at the expense of random players just trying to have a good time where they should never face an overwhelming team in the first place, it just shows their true coward nature. Luckily these type of people tend to leave the game when their advantages are taken away from them. And they go unmissed.

Edited by Riffleman, 09 November 2012 - 12:10 PM.

#99 F lan Ker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • LocationArctic Circle

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:13 PM

S!

Riffleman, a perfect example. I have been facing REAL premades aka Goons while running a "TS PUG" and guess what? They roflstomped us because of their better TEAM work. But I did not commit suicide or look at my stats. Instead I try to LEARN from what happened to improve my puny gaming skills to be average some day. Ain't it easy to blame Founders, team oriented players or the game or even devs of your OWN shortcomings rather than look in the mirror and think what could be done better? :)

#100 GioAvanti

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:15 PM

View PostStoindrae, on 08 November 2012 - 11:11 PM, said:

I figured it was just another girl voice in the channel... usually that's the reason for more than 8 in a DS channel. People will hang out waiting for a slot on the team for 2 hours if there is a girl in the room. :)

But seriously, yes, I know of this "tactic".. and even though I also play on the EU TS3 server... for some reason .. I prefer to test the Lance+4 configuration as the game developer wants us to do instead of always finding a way to cheat the system back to the highest possible unfair advantage.

Had 3 peeps in my TBC channel tonight.. and we ran 30+ games.. won about 85% of the matches... even had some total 2 minute 8-0 curbstomps without a single coordination text typed to the other 5 players on the team ... we moved as a full 8 man unit and destroyed the other team, silently... /shrug.

Vet > New is still the biggest difference in the matches.

Won 12 out of 13 matches last night.. only 4 of us.

21 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 21 guests, 0 anonymous users