#121 Wildcat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,265 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:19 PM

View PostTer Ushaka, on 09 November 2012 - 02:00 PM, said:

Are they hacking the client to get this advantage?

You do NOT need to hack anything to Exploit a Well Known Glitch or Exploit to Take advantage of an Exploit or Glitch in the Game Mechanics...

Hacking never takes place in Exploiting an Exploit in a Flaw of Game Mechanics, its open to all to use and abuse, and Devs tend to Track these Exploits and Punish Offenders that DO NOT report the Issue as they should be doing as a so Called BETA TESTER....

If you are not a Beta Tester, then you are an Exploiter....

#122 Ter Ushaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • LocationGnomeregan, Dun Morogh

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:23 PM

Well, this is an open beta, so I guess they're not exploiting, according to your logic.

You sir or ma'am, make a strong argument.

#123 Amechwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 729 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:24 PM

View PostRiffleman, on 09 November 2012 - 12:08 PM, said:

Its funny to read these sad posts which boil down to "haha pgi tried to nurf our pugstomping fun, but we found a way around it! teamwork is king, pugs aerf da scum, we paiz all da billz game shud work way we wants". But you know whats going to be even funnier. Is when half of the 1337 dudez get into real matchmaking vs other teams, and their win/loss plummets to a terrible 50/50 ratio and they cant take it anymore and either commit game sepiku, or continue to double launch with 2 teams so they can feel like big men beating bads.

This is so true. The flaw on the 4man MM was so obvious from the patch notes that I know of quite a few players whose first matches in the new patch were 8man sync drops. It took one read of the email and 15 min in a VOIP program to regain 8man teams. All phase 1 does is discourage 8mans, not prevent them. Why this is making a 7page thread so late in the week surprises me. I thought we all figured that this was going to happen just by reading the patch notes.

You know what sync droppers have found out? It's not even worth it. You can waste time setting up two 4mans with non matching classes and shuffling players from one channel to another all to hit launch and play one match when you both could have just been launching as seperate 4mans and burning through 2 matches with 8-0 or 8-4 (4pubs) anyway. We don't even need 8man teams and it's not worth the trouble if you are out for cash and not trying to test some new 8man tactic.

Phase 2 will be brutal for casual 8man teams like the kind you see on public TS3s. They will only be matched up against evenly skilled pub teams or highly skilled tournament level units and after about a week of this they will return to 4mans or just drop as 8 atlases and camp on the spawn hoping to get one kill and then timeout victory. Phase two is where the fun begins for real units.

#124 Wildcat

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,265 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:24 PM

View PostTer Ushaka, on 09 November 2012 - 02:23 PM, said:

Well, this is an open beta, so I guess they're not exploiting, according to your logic.

You sir or ma'am, make a strong argument.

Read Below...

View Postlordlazarus, on 09 November 2012 - 02:04 PM, said:

we finally dropped 8vs 8 closed group on ts and i got my face smashed in by some one who was a crack shot with a gauss . i regularly die on the field whether its premade or pug its just funnier on ts when your mates are doing it you give it out and you take it . ....

" which = Exploit of the Game Mechanics to gain an Advantage over others..." not so: i never seek to gain an unfair advantage . this is YOUR assumtion of our motives ... not OUR reason for using this play style . to quote a pug earlier i played with " your not the boss of me "

as a Beta Tester it is your JOB to find Exploits and Report them... NOT to use the Exploits for your own Personal Gain... sure some may not use it for Their Personal Gain, BUT nonetheless it is an EXPLOIT of Game Mechanics, you can try and Justify your Reason to use it, but you can never Escape the FACT that it is an Exploit of Game Mechanics... and the FACT that Devs are Tracking Exploits and Punishing Offenders...

#125 Name115734

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

Phase 2 will be brutal for casual 8man teams like the kind you see on public TS3s. They will only be matched up against evenly skilled pub teams or highly skilled tournament level units ...

I really look forward to this, even if it means getting my butt handed to me time and again. I think I am an okay player, but I would really like to improve and the best way to to that is to play against better teams and learn from them.

#126 Ter Ushaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:32 PM

I see. So please point out where a dev has pubicly said that this is an exploit of game mechanics.

Unrelated side question, does Austrailian English require capitalizing words that have no need to be capitalized?

#127 lordlazarus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationthe highlands

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:34 PM

"as a Beta Tester it is your JOB to find Exploits and Report them... NOT to use the Exploits for your own Personal Gain."
how am i gaining personaly? again an acusation you have clearly no grounds to make
ho so now im SUPPOSED to be exploting at the risk of repeating my self i have had no such notification to cease and desist in this type of palystyle i choose to adopt i have had no notification from pgi warning me of ANY WRONG DOING of any kind ,

ho by the way im still waiting for my email from you and your friend request in game like you havedone to one of this loosley associated group of like minded fun loving individuals already ................................................the same group that you are trying to get sanctions brought upon them .

Edited by lordlazarus, 09 November 2012 - 02:36 PM.

#128 RAM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 2,019 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:34 PM

Before this gets too much further out of hand, suffice it to say Jun’s interpretation was wrong:

Chris K, on 09 November 2012 - 01:32 PM, said:

All good, we talked about it internally and have no problem with players trying to sync their drops :)

More to follow - Cheers!

RAM
ELH
MOD

#129 Father Dougal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 224 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:38 PM

View PostRAM, on 09 November 2012 - 02:34 PM, said:

Before this gets too much further out of hand, suffice it to say Jun’s interpretation was wrong:

More to follow - Cheers!

RAM
ELH
MOD

Now quit whining about it. Its all fair according to the devs.

#130 Barnaby Jones

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 434 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:38 PM

More to follow - Cheers!

RAM
ELH
MOD

success.... now to get Jun to stop posting all together....

#131 lordlazarus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Locationthe highlands

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

hallalujia

#132 Wildcat

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,265 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:44 PM

More to follow - Cheers!

RAM
ELH
MOD

Doesnt matter to me, im playing World of Tanks until Match Maker is Fixed...

But my Points Stand on Exploits and Bug Abuse...

View Postlordlazarus, on 09 November 2012 - 02:34 PM, said:

"as a Beta Tester it is your JOB to find Exploits and Report them... NOT to use the Exploits for your own Personal Gain."
how am i gaining personaly? again an acusation you have clearly no grounds to make
ho so now im SUPPOSED to be exploting at the risk of repeating my self i have had no such notification to cease and desist in this type of palystyle i choose to adopt i have had no notification from pgi warning me of ANY WRONG DOING of any kind ,

ho by the way im still waiting for my email from you and your friend request in game like you havedone to one of this loosley associated group of like minded fun loving individuals already ................................................the same group that you are trying to get sanctions brought upon them .

I have no dam clue what you are talking about ?!?!?!

#133 lordlazarus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Locationthe highlands

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:47 PM

you have no idea period, it seems any way i have NO REMORSE i stand vindicated enjoy world of tanks

just notice this under your sig

""So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong and to strike at what is weak..."

Edited by lordlazarus, 09 November 2012 - 02:49 PM.

#134 Ter Ushaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

View PostWildcat, on 09 November 2012 - 02:44 PM, said:

But my Points Stand on Exploits and Bug Abuse...

No YoUr PoInTs On ThIs BeInG aN ExPlOiT dO nOt StAnD aT aLl.

#135 RAM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 2,019 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:52 PM

OK – thank you all for a passionate debate. You have your answer; no need to personally attack each other. Please remember to adhere to the Community Guidelines, thank you!

Closed at OP’s request.

RAM
ELH
MOD

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users