Reunion For Killdare's House Steiner

23 replies to this topic

#1 Nirgali

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:27 PM

This reunion thread is for veterans and loyalists of Killdare's greatest legacy, House Steiner. Check in here if you played any games under Killdare. This includes MPBT on AOL and everything from MW2 Netmech to MechCommander 2. Veteran's of his other gaming clans are also welcome, e.g., Legion of Terror (Counter-Strike, Command and Conquer, World of Warcraft). After you check in here, you can head over to the old site housesteiner.org if you want. All are welcome!

Killdare's legacy and the online Lyran community goes back further, but the House Steiner I joined dates back to about '95 or '96, making it the oldest Lyran community in the MechWarrior PC franchise. It got its start on Kali, a text-based game conferencing service that also provided peer-to-peer Internet routing service for MechWarrior II: Netmech, which by design only worked on a local area network. I still have the print-out of the email I received when I signed up [for Kali]. We also used early voice chat programs including Roger Wilco.

By the way, I set up a unit specifically for us. See my sig for details.

[edited for clarity]

Cheers!

Nirgali (Starfire)
Posted Image

Edit: Rebuilding this topic because the original (Started by Nirgali, 15 Jul 2012) was on a downward spiral to &$@! <- don't want to trip the Ned Flanders sensitivity filter.

--
Oshay - Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:18 PM

I wondered when you guys were going to finally crawl out from under all those rocks you've been hiding under. ;)
--
Killer Ratt - Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:29 AM
Killdare was the main man during my play time on NetMech.

I'll see what's what at the link above. I'm anti-FB so nothing there for me.
--
Nirgali - Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:04 PM

So this is it? I know there are others lurking!
--
Killer Ratt - Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:02 AM

Well, I'm sure if you smack SuperBK and the few others at the .ORG shop, they'll come over and give a holler.

Suppose I could dig up the phone list and hand it off to the Doc and he can start calling everyone
again with a reactivating out of retirement speech.
--
HSSG MaddogK - Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:01 PM

I've been tryin for 2 months to get on the reunion site. Guess it don't like my public e-mail addy, may try the wifes but I fear the confirmation will get lost in all her facebook reply notifications.
;-)

Sup guys !!!

<edit> Am 'UP' but still fighting control config- got my first kill this morning but it doesn't offset the multiple deaths while relearning how to walk with the funky default control setup.
--
HSSG MaddogK - Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:36 PM

Got Nirgali's confirmation today but unable to get on that site, the reunion site is still refusing to send my activation e-mail.

I'm ghosting everywhere it seems.
--
Tevenor - Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:54 PM

Holy **** balls it's been a long time.

Tevenor checking in.

Edited by Nirgali, 29 November 2012 - 11:49 AM.

#2 Nirgali

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:46 PM

I found an old contact list from back in the day. I am going to see if I can get in touch with some of the people on it and get them into MWO! ^.^

#3 Rolivin

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationWashington D.C.

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:19 AM

I knew at some point this thread would show up, Im from the MC days with killdare.

SV-Jhereg

#4 Nirgali

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:03 AM

View PostRolivin, on 28 November 2012 - 06:19 AM, said:

I knew at some point this thread would show up, Im from the MC days with killdare.

Hey there! I then ask you why there is a serpent/dragon in your profile and not a gauntlet? ^.^

#5 Rolivin

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:32 AM

we became friends when I was Khan of SV and I later joined his IS house :)

#6 Nirgali

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:49 AM

View PostRolivin, on 29 November 2012 - 08:32 AM, said:

we became friends when I was Khan of SV and I later joined his IS house :(

So you're saying you didn't learn the first time?

#7 Rolivin

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:57 AM

I am a slow learner I guess.

#8 Buffalo Six

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationThe dropship hot burning into your atmo!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:26 PM

very late to this party......Buffalo 6 checking in. Was with KD in MC and then MW4........god that was a looooooong time ago

#9 Nirgali

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:19 PM

Hey man, I was on the outside looking in. I remember you. It was a long time ago indeed. You should join the 3rd Royals. Tevenor and a few others are waiting out the beta to see the direction of the game, but looks like I got a few people looking to regroup for this game.

#10 Burnsy1

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:21 AM

Wow, just now coming across this. I played with Killdare way back in the day when we used to /roll for matches in aol chat to see who would make the outbound call over the modem. I played with him initially in the Kellhounds, in fact I made several little audio clips for Kellhounds and then House Steiner when we set up the house.

There are still some old websites out there that show the members from way back in the day. I am listed here, at the time I was "Bernaudio." http://villa.lakes.c...osh/hs/fist.htm
There is also some smacktalk here mentioning me and several others from Steiner. www.­clanblacksheep.­com/­archives/­june.­htm

Edited by Burnsy1, 10 March 2013 - 07:39 AM.

#11 Nirgali

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:24 AM

Oh my god! Bernaudio! Founding member of mw2 HS! Please, for the love of all that is good in the world go to housesteiner.net and ping the reunion forum! Also, would you consider adding yourself to the 3rd Royals roster? ^.^

#12 CPT Vermicelli

Rookie

• Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:21 PM

LCAF_Hansvonluck here from MC HS. Was looking to reconnect with anyone from those days still out there and playing here

#13 Questar

• PipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:13 AM

Well, well well. Some old friends are still around I see.

Q_Prime reporting in! :ph34r:

Man I miss our old MC2/MW4 days!

Edited by Questar, 17 August 2014 - 06:14 AM.

#14 Wild Hog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 145 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:41 AM

~S~ Steiners,

It's been a while since I've seen or heard from Nirgali.He was hanging out over here at housesteiner.com when he was online. You folks are of course welcome to come on over as well, lots of folks to drop with, many units to get to know if you're looking for one, but no pressure to ever join any. Resources are also available for your current unit,or to start one of your own. It's a community, no obligations ever.

#15 Questar

• PipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:52 PM

Well, tried to get a login. Says I need approval even though I have an Email that says I was approved.. Go Figure! Just tired of soloing... some people are just bad.

Q

#16 Wild Hog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 145 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:12 PM

Sorry if you're having an issue signing up (I don't see you in the list, different handle perhaps?). Feel free to connect to the TS3 server any time, the address is ts1.housesteiner.com and it has no pass. Someone there will assist you, tell them I sent you, and if I'm online I will assist you personally.

You'll be able to drop with other people right away even without getting signed up on the hub site. Remember, you are under no obligation to join any group/team/unit, but you can drop with any/all of them to see if any are a good fit for you should you decide to join one. You are only joining a community.

#17 Xaositect

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 27 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, California, USA

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:46 PM

Oh, I am rather late to the party too. I played back in the NM and MC days.

#18 Nirgali

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 10:45 AM

Xao!!! Dude, Phoenix just hit me up also!

#19 Nirgali

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 10:52 AM

Also, I'll be playing more MWO now that I have a twitch stream at twitch.tv/idlenexusgaming to mix things up a bit.

#20 Tevenor

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 11 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 08 October 2015 - 09:20 AM

Folks in this thread still active? You guys still out there? Xao? Hans? Jhereg? Starfire?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users