What Will Integrating Dx11 Do For The Game?

58 replies to this topic

#1 verybad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:05 PM

After integrating CryEngine 3.4 we noted a number of issues with the DX11 implementation that we didn’t feel were acceptable to push out to production. We have worked with our partners to address the key issues, these
have now been resolved and we are enabling DX11 internally for testing. Once it passes QA it will be enabled on production, we appreciate the fans patience while we work to ensure the DX11 renderer is just as stable as the DX9 renderer.

Just wondering about this after reading this...

#2 AlexWildeagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 549 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:28 PM

DX11s biggest bonus will be in how server and clients use resources. It will make use them much more efficiently hopefully making smoother gameplay. There are a few graphical enhancements but mainly performance.

#3 Lt muffins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 378 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:35 PM

It is capable of much more than DX9 that is currently being used.

Just make sure your video card is compatible. (mine is not: GTS 250)

#4 Vermaxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,012 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:43 PM

Pessimistically speaking, it will break the game again. If it actually comes out of internal working correctly I will dance a jig.

Furthermore, if it makes the game run better and look a little prettier, I will dance the jig...slightly longer.

#5 Mastodonic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 264 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:45 PM

I've been waiting on this for so long. Got a Gtx 680 and the game runs like balls. Even worse after this last patch. Every game on my PC is sexy as hell and runs smooth except MWO.

#6 Naduk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,575 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:59 PM

iv several players in my unit running Gtx 680 Mastodonic
and they have no issues, is the rest of your system up to par ? are your divers up to date ?
there is a million things that could be causing your problems none of them are likely to be the Gtx 680
make sure your power supply is actually strong enough to run the Gtx 680
when was the last time your pc was formatted ?

is windows up to date ? did you update it to service pack 1 at a minimum before trying to play ?
make sure your not running other resource aggressors in the back ground (web browsers for example)
have you dissabled windows firewall and User Account Control
(UAC often blocks various things from doing their job, it could be blocking something from pgi or even nvidia)

i could sit here for about a week listing things that could be causing it
i am running a Gtx580 and this game runs like a dream (just like everything else)

Edited by Naduk, 11 November 2012 - 09:01 PM.

#7 AlbinoSlug

Dezgra

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:00 PM

ummmm.... Break it for a few months?

#8 Fooooo

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationSydney, Aus.

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:04 PM

View PostMastodonic, on 11 November 2012 - 08:45 PM, said:

I've been waiting on this for so long. Got a Gtx 680 and the game runs like balls. Even worse after this last patch. Every game on my PC is sexy as hell and runs smooth except MWO.

I just upgraded to a gtx 670 and am having no problems pushing 60fps+ (except on forest which seems to run at about 40 or so)

Something else is going on , on your end id say.

As for dx11 ? TBH it won't really improve performance imo. None of the other dx11 games ive had really see any increases at all as the higher shader model (5.0 ) tax more than the lower ones. (shogun total war for example runs slower for me in dx11 with same settings as dx9)

Its great for tesselation , and I think does have some improvements in the way it actually runs, but I don't think many will see any gains at all, especially if you run the added extras it brings.......

Edited by Fooooo, 11 November 2012 - 09:06 PM.

#9 UnseenFury

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 961 posts
  • LocationСтрана Мечты (Strana Mechty)

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:08 PM

View PostNaduk, on 11 November 2012 - 08:59 PM, said:

iv several players in my unit running Gtx 680 Mastodonic
and they have no issues, is the rest of your system up to par ? are your divers up to date ?
there is a million things that could be causing your problems none of them are likely to be the Gtx 680
make sure your power supply is actually strong enough to run the Gtx 680
when was the last time your pc was formatted ?

is windows up to date ? did you update it to service pack 1 at a minimum before trying to play ?
make sure your not running other resource aggressors in the back ground (web browsers for example)
have you dissabled windows firewall and User Account Control
(UAC often blocks various things from doing their job, it could be blocking something from pgi or even nvidia)

i could sit here for about a week listing things that could be causing it
i am running a Gtx580 and this game runs like a dream (just like everything else)

I run bf3 on ultra in 1080p with some AA above 60 FPS with my PC and MWO jumps all over the place from 30 to 60 fps and below 30 in the heat of close range battle. On low settings in 1080p. Not a pleasant experience.

My rig.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

#10 Mastodonic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 264 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:20 PM

I'm not changing anything for MWO if BF3, Borderlands 2, Skyrim, Xcom, CS:GO, Dota 2, basically every game i enjoy can run at 1920x1080 and on High. Even if i turn all the setting from high down to low in MWO, there's no FPS improvement. Also the GTX 680 requires less power than my old GTX 470.

This isn't my first rodeo.

#11 UnseenFury

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 961 posts
  • LocationСтрана Мечты (Strana Mechty)

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:58 PM

Can someone help me? Or at least say where can I make a new thread? New forum layout is hard for me.

#12 Valder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • LocationQQmercs.com

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:06 PM

View PostParan01ac, on 12 November 2012 - 12:58 PM, said:

Can someone help me? Or at least say where can I make a new thread? New forum layout is hard for me.

If you can't find the "New Post" button in the general forum, I doubt anyone's going to be able to help you here. Do all the things that guy up above said, like updating video drivers, disabling UAC, run windows update for service pack updates, etc. But again... If you can't figure out how to make a new thread, maybe battlefield is more up your alley, lol.

Edit: Are you translating to/from Russian?

View PostMastodonic, on 11 November 2012 - 09:20 PM, said:

I'm not changing anything for MWO if BF3, Borderlands 2, Skyrim, Xcom, CS:GO, Dota 2, basically every game i enjoy can run at 1920x1080 and on High. Even if i turn all the setting from high down to low in MWO, there's no FPS improvement. Also the GTX 680 requires less power than my old GTX 470.

This isn't my first rodeo.

lol, then it's definitely your computer, if even changing to low shows no improvement. Mine runs the game beautifully with a GTX560 along with all my other games, and plenty of people have a GTX680 working great here. Not rocket science. Are you on a 32bit OS or something?

Edited by Valder, 12 November 2012 - 01:10 PM.

#13 Clay Pigeon

• Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:12 PM

View PostMastodonic, on 11 November 2012 - 08:45 PM, said:

I've seen no mention of your cpu or your ram.

#14 Corpse Grinder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 181 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:14 PM

I'm running MWO with a 7970. I usually get around 40 fps. I can run BF3 on true ultra (everything set to ultra/max) and with Vsync off I get around 200 fps. I have vsync off in MWO and still sit around 40 fps. I really hope that DX11 will bump up the performance, because this is pretty ridiculous sometimes.

Phenom II 965 BE OC'd to 3.97 Ghz
8GB 1600 Mhz RAM
XFX 7970 BE OC'd to 1.1 Ghz
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Edit: added rig specs

Edited by Corpse Grinder, 12 November 2012 - 01:16 PM.

#15 Stoicblitzer

• 1,931 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:15 PM

hope dx11 will make the maps look better. fugly flora is fugly.

#16 Boymonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 772 posts
  • LocationUK Yorkshire (from Manchester)

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:28 PM

View PostLt muffins, on 11 November 2012 - 08:35 PM, said:

It is capable of much more than DX9 that is currently being used.

Just make sure your video card is compatible. (mine is not: GTS 250)

Heck I got a GTS 250 too, does this mean I can not play when dx11 comes in or can I still use the dx version I have now?

#17 Valder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • LocationQQmercs.com

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:31 PM

View PostCorpse Grinder, on 12 November 2012 - 01:14 PM, said:

I'm running MWO with a 7970. I usually get around 40 fps. I can run BF3 on true ultra (everything set to ultra/max) and with Vsync off I get around 200 fps. I have vsync off in MWO and still sit around 40 fps. I really hope that DX11 will bump up the performance, because this is pretty ridiculous sometimes.

Phenom II 965 BE OC'd to 3.97 Ghz
8GB 1600 Mhz RAM
XFX 7970 BE OC'd to 1.1 Ghz
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Edit: added rig specs

Just swap out those AMD/ATI parts for Pentium/Nvidia and you'll boost framerates by %100.

#18 Stoicblitzer

• 1,931 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:32 PM

View PostValder, on 12 November 2012 - 01:31 PM, said:

Just swap out those AMD/ATI parts for Pentium/Nvidia and you'll boost framerates by %100.

I'm pretty sure Pentium parts would wreck his framerates.

#19 wargy

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:39 PM

The issue is not windows setup or hardware related.

I switched to a 680GTX also ... and the performance in this game is meh ...And we are not talking about the FPS bug here.

NOW OTHER GAMES did improve HUGELY (notice the caps here) but not this game. The fun part or actually, i do not find it funny is i bought the GTX 660 to improve framerates for this game. Not that the money is wasted or so.

The only ******** is here the i did not see much of an FPS increase.. do not get me wrong, the game runs just fine.. the GTX480 ran it fine also with less ram and less clock speed...

#20 Cant Get Right

Clone

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:40 PM

more crashes more bugs and generally more chaos. Prob. going to have to remove something for it to work. Like Lrm's

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users