FWL TRANSMISSION - PLEASE READ: FWLM CoC plus Rosters Old and New

176 replies to this topic

#161 Multitallented

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 697 posts
  • Locationright behind you (figuratively)

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:53 PM

Handle: Multi (I'm not in yet, but will definitely be come Aug 7th)
Last Rank: I was a Lone Wolf who didn't even know multiplayer existed until way too late.
Last Regiment: None
Background: MW 2-4mercs (also table-top)
Availability: 6-11pm PST M-F, all day Sat-Sun
Interests: Piloting medium and light mechs

Looking forward to scouting and routing!

#162 Mark of Caine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 496 posts
  • LocationWazan War Veteran

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:12 PM

Hello FWL.

Although I have not been as in depth as many of you in the lore and past gameplay, I have always been an avid fan of the Battletech Universe.

Sadly, I do not know what some of these terms and acronyms mean, but I'll do my best to answer the following:

In-Game Handle (if different from the registered name used for this site)
  • Caine2112, but I always go by Caine
Last Rank
  • None
Last Regiment/Stable/Unit
  • None
What MPBT background do you have: GEnie, AOL, Kesmai/GameStorm, LineOne, EA, ISWars, and/or Other...including RPG Board Gaming as "Knowledge is Power"...and besides, you never know what might be needed (specify).
  • I have none nor understand what this means. I have played very extensively most of the video games, MW4 most of all. I've also played a lot of tabletop back in the mid 90s with friends. I'm getting back into the lore, reading as much as I can. Always found the BT lore very fascinating.
Time Zone and Time Available to Play (using your local time)
  • Eastern Standard Time; Availability will be usually from 9pm to 2am weekdays, saturdays, and some sunday evenings.
Interests: Piloting or Command (some are most comfortable in a Mech, while others love to burn the midnight oil)
  • Not sure what this means exactly, but after reading much of what the mechanics of this game will entail, the Scout role appeals to me the most, followed by Commander. Whether I want added responsibilities in the community or not is still unknown.

As for my email, I'm not comfortable revealing it either on the forum or in private. Do however PM through the site at your leisure. If there's more info you require, just ask.

Caine

#163 Baboo

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 June 2012 - 07:35 AM

[color=#959595]Handle: BaBoo[/color]

[color=#959595]Previous Handles: none[/color]

[color=#959595]Last Official Rank:Maj. Gen (reached level of incompetence)[/color]

[color=#959595]Last Stable Unit: My unit has always been the Desert Rats <DRs>. However, I worked with the TMD[/color]

[color=#959595]Background: [/color]
[color=#959595]- MPBT3025 beta, MW1, MW2, Leagues and such[/color]

[color=#959595]- Played most iterations of the MW pc franchise[/color]

[color=#959595]Time Zone: CST, available in the evenings[/color]

[color=#959595]Contact: Baboo (in-game mail)[/color]

#164 SteelTalon FWLM

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:35 PM

Good Day Nighthawk.

I have returned from the other side!

Tis I SteelTalon (from AOL, Gamestorm, and ISW).
I was also known in ISW as Meltdown *Comstar* (one of the assistant developers, my has it really been that long already!).

Not many knew I was a Comstar (for obvious reasons..), and wanted to be as fair as possible to all the players during those exciting development days.

With the ISW development, I did not take an active roll in my position as I wanted to.

I found an old roster which I can email.

I was in OMD,
Firestorm was Marshal, and I was LtGen.

-SteelTalon

#165 BaronNight

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, MI

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:30 AM

<S>,

Glad to see House Marik coordinating at this early stage. I've served with many groups, but it's the Marik commanders and pilots that I hold in the highest regard. To any who still have honest questions about the separation of command and battle skill, I wanted to offer my humble experience, take it or leave it as you will.

I operated as the #1 ranked pilot in MPBT Solaris for a long time, becoming the first MPBT Solaris Champion in Gamestorm history and reaching that status from scratch on five separate occasions. I reached the #1 ranking in both light and heavy classes as well. I also led House Davion Special Forces as XO during the early Gamestorm years, during which -SF- was arguably the top lance in Gamestorm, going 49-1 in SIMM battles. I field captained for the majority of elite units in MPBT including: Outlaw Immortals, DRAAGUN, Team BoRg, and Wolfs Dragoons. My point in saying this is: I understand what it's like to be a hotshot pilot who can duel and lead lances at an extremely high level.

If you are someone who operates at this level on the field, you do not want a true House leadership position. Rank? Yes, you deserve that distinction, but the true responsibility of coordinating multiple units, keeping egos massaged with command positions, rallying offensives by getting everyone on at the same time, and generally keeping everyone happy and well-organized is another game within the game.

The true joy in the game, for those who understand owning an elite piloting skill set, comes from staying on the field with your buddies, tweaking your mechs to squeeze every last ounce out of them, devising field strategies and discovering optimal mech combinations. You will beat your head against a wall trying to play both games, and I promise you: it's not worth it.

Accept your role in the House: a master field captain and ace pilot. Let the "desk jockeys" do what they do best, for they do it well. Build positive relationships instead of needling each other because you feel slighted or disrespected in some way. If you honor each other's gifts and use each others strength's instead of trying to be all things to all people, you will maximize your enjoyment of the game.

As a hotshot pilot who holds a strong disdain for inactive, incompetent House leadership, I will vouch for the leadership skills of Nitehawk, Nehrul, Crash, and the rest who run in that circle. They are the most active leadership team in the MPBT community, and they will make your life easier, so trust in their abilities.

In this incarnation of our universe, I will not seek to reinstate my former rank and command, but will join the family of MPBT pilots who will help me have the most fun: DRAAGUN. We are intending to form a mercenary unit, so I sincerely hope House Marik is our primary contractor and I will see many of you on the field as allies and not enemies. Nitehawk or any of the other leaders, please feel free to register at draagun.com, or add me on skype @ najhz9, we'll get you into the channel with a lot of the gunners. Maybe we can setup some preliminary discussions between you and Merlin and Rygat.

Cheers and best wishes to you all,
the former Major General BaronNight <LCCC> *M*, aka Hercules, aka D'Artagnan

#166 Nehrul

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 49 posts
  • LocationLooking for a new command

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:55 PM

{S} BaronNight!

It is good to see you, and I can not stress enough how spot on your comments are!

While I love the role of a Leader, I would not want to position of a battlefield commander. I leave that to the experts, and happily pilot whichever mech the group needs.

I have no idea what my role will be come this incarnation of 3025, but if I get a chance, you know I'll be one of the first trying to hire your Mercenary unit!

#167 Lord Griffon

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:05 PM

View PostRed Beard, on 04 November 2011 - 07:48 AM, said:

Uh...check your facts. This game will NOT be a MMO. A strategic FPS with focus on team play and urban warfare. No MMO action. This a new game and new leaders will rise. Just cuz somebody led the dance in the old days doesn't mean you are in charge here. Strong players follow strong leadership and capable battlefield expertise. Til the time comes, everything is just TALK.

^^^^^^^
This coming from someone with a Liao Siggy. Yep, they are loyal to Marik indeed.

#168 Kraven Kor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:35 AM

• Same as board
Last Rank
  • "Smoldering pile of biomass" IIRC
  • Uh... Don't recall. I just know I was working for Marik forces in the only IS TT Mechwarrior campaign I got to play in.
What MPBT background do you have: GEnie, AOL, Kesmai/GameStorm, LineOne, EA, ISWars, and/or Other...including RPG Board Gaming as "Knowledge is Power"...and besides, you never know what might be needed (specify).
  • None - I played Battletech TT, Mechwarrior TT, about 30-ish combats IIRC. Maybe 10 or 12 were in the Marik campaign.
  • I have also played most of the Mechwarrior PC games, and the first Mech Commander or whatever. Only played a bit of MW4.
  • Mostly weekday and weekend evenings, US central time
Interests: Piloting or Command (some are most comfortable in a Mech, while others love to burn the midnight oil)
  • Mostly Piloting (prefer medium / heavy long range mechs and support mechs, or brawlers with jump jets) - depending on how command works, I may look into command roles. I are grunt.

Edited by Kraven Kor, 29 June 2012 - 11:36 AM.

#169 Fox Parker

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 16 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:33 PM

<S> all,

I see a bit of in-fighting has already begun. Having participated in or managed a dozen, give or take, communities like this since many here last saw me it doesn't surprise me. It will happen anywhere, with any game, without fail. There are always those that think only the most skilled can and should lead. And they usually forget about all of the time spent on the proper management and coordination of such a large group. Many are willing to sacrifice time and enjoyment (and have!), sometimes even their own hard earned cash, to make a community a better place. And those same people may be the least skilled of the entire crop.

Sometimes the ones who think they should lead purely by their skill in the seat do win out. But it's hardly a 50/50 chance of whether or not they keep up with the 'paper work' in the background. More often than not, I've seen things let go. Heck, I've *been* the one to let things go in the past. How long into the many delays of ISWars was it before I finally stepped down and had someone else take over my post? In fact I think I may have made the mistake of not officially stepping down, but I honestly can't remember.

My opinion is, let those who have experience leading lead. Let the ones who are willing to go the extra mile to make things work do so. If someone who hasn't lead before thinks they can do it, they'll get their shot. We all do at some point. But it's certainly not at the peak of the mountain. We all started somewhere far lower. If your leadership skills are there, you *will* rise. Sometimes even if you don't want it. :lol:

And on to the matter at hand:

MPBT:3025 handle was FoxSE or Fox[SE] or something of the like. Can't remember for sure.

Last known rank, district, and honors;

Gen. Fox Parker
DXO of the Ryerson Military District
Knight Lieutenant - Knights of Regulus

I'd be happy to drop back to just a regimental position. DXO of RMD was one thing when we were all scattered and only a few were trying to make it work on the Mech4 engine. I think a regiment is handful enough. I'd prefer the 4th RH, and have no intention of renaming it this time.

As for rosters, I still have some old 4th RH stuff, and even some RMD/RDC stuff. From rosters to a promotion guide, and even the Articles of Confederation. All are from MPBT:3025 through very tentative ISW stuff. As I mentioned in another thread, if any command or in this case organizers would like to get a hold of me, my e-mails have changed around a bit. I still have all my old messengers running in Trillian though. If you need anything and don't have contact info for me, please PM me here. I don't post e-mail addresses in public threads if I can help it. Has helped keep spam to a bare minimum over the years. ;)

#170 Insidious Johnson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,417 posts
  • Location"This is Johnson, I'm cored"

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:36 PM

Good to see you guys getting organized well ahead of release. We still don't know what the meta game will bring, for example: who can call any shots in house units unless they have got rank? We all start as low man on the totem pole. Who can hire mercs and which ones? All too tiresome to wrestle without facts. What I CAN do now is meet and greet! KaoS Legion is an old school merc unit. Our roster was considered formidable then, the same as now in other venues. We'll be looking for contracts in the clan invasion corridors when the times comes. We don't miss and we aim to please, so feel free to give a shout out to myself, ChiXnhawk, or Keeg. Those two are running the show, I'm just glad to get to help out and meet cool folks dearly dedicated to their factions. We'll be around, keep us in mind!

#171 Dark Father

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 7 posts
  • LocationSouth Korea

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:40 AM

In-Game Handle: Dark Father
Last Rank: Unknown, I wasn't really worried about rank structure those days as much as having a lance leader

Last Regiment/Stable/Unit: Unknown, again details that really sliped away.

What MPBT background: Solaris, MPBTO 3025

Time Zone and Time Available to Play: Seoul

Interests: Piloting

How funny is it that I recall most of the names on the lists, and I do remember being in awe the only time I mission dropped with Nitehawk near the end of MPBTO 3025.

#172 WrathchildeVoTF

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 11 posts
  • LocationAndurien

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:57 AM

Nice to see so many of the old-timers coming out for this. I'll admit I'm waiting very impatiently myself. I want to re-create the great Steiner Extermination on 3025 (somewhere I've got a HDD with that captured on it)

Handle: WrathchildeVoTF
Rank: Peon (Think I was a cpl. at the end of MPBT:3025. Haven't been active in the online community since then)
Background: TT from BattleDroids on. MW1-4, MC1/2, MPBT:3025(Kesmai/EA), dabbled with ISW.
TZ/Avail: Eastern TZ, available afternoons/evenings dependant on work schedules.
Interests: Mood music, walks through crumbling buildings, the smell of LRM propellant in the morning.

For those worried about the folks in this thread "Taking over", don't be. Many of the folks here have been playing together for up to 20 years, off and on. This type of concern comes out every time the idea of CoC comes up. Think of it more as a sort of meta-guild. No one has to do what they say because of what they did in a game that doesn't exist anymore. But, they've also got the experience from many different iterations of this franchise, and have proven to be able to work together and achieve goals in them. Teamwork is what will win the matches in this game, and getting an idea of who has what experience is only smart.

I look forward to seeing you all on the dropships, both newcommers, and veterans both.
long Live Andurien!

#173 Deengoh

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationTexas!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:13 PM

• Deengoh (pronounced like dingo)
Last Rank
  • None
  • None
  • MW 3 & 4, MC2, limited TT experience
  • Evenings on weekdays or weekends. It varies depending on what else is going on.
  • Anything from light to heavy. Assault, defense, scouting, and support all interest me.

I look forward to serving!

Edited by Deengoh, 15 July 2012 - 12:13 PM.

#174 Zakatak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,673 posts
  • LocationCanadastan

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:23 PM

mariks are pretty cool guy, eh fights lyrans and doesnt afraid of anything

Edited by Zakatak, 15 July 2012 - 08:24 PM.

#175 FWL Bogey

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

View PostMechbeth, on 09 June 2012 - 02:09 PM, said:

Damn, thats an old roster IA, but there may be some even older by a year or two lurking about on floppy somewhere in my office from when Wlkabout and I started the FWL on AOL. I'll have to take a look. If I can find it Ill post it up for some chuckles. I wonder if Motown, the original DCM leader is lurking about... :P Thats how we got started in the first place way back when. Be good to see him come out of the woodwork. Im gonna drop Wlkabout a line and get him to post his old *** over here. He'll get a kick out of this I bet.

Mechbeth

****, if I find them, Ill have to actually install a floppy on this box lmao.

<S>
Greetings,
Lots of old names around here and glad to see some old friends.

I am Retired Captain General Bogey. I was a member of The Free Worlds League when we played the DOS version and on Kali. MechBeth was one of the House Marik members who recruited me way back in the AOL days. I rose through the ranks and one day became Captain General. We had lots of fun battles against the Clans and kicked some major ***.

I ran across some Nvidia article which mentioned a new Mechwarrior game so I did a Google search for my old Mechwarrior handle and this is what I found.

It's late and need to get to bed. If any old team members would like to get back in touch with me then feel free to do so.

So...who wants to do some hunting for Clan Black Sheep :unsure:

Edited by FWL Bogey, 27 January 2013 - 09:30 PM.

#176 FWL Bogey

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

Reply to first post...

Handle: Bogey

Last Rank: Captain General

Last Regiment/Stable/Unit: Knights of the Inner Sphere

What MPBT background do you have: Kali & TKZ

Time Zone and Time Available to Play: Any time after 8:00PM Eastern

Role: Pilot and Command.

<S>

#177 Whiplash Starkiller

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationNot there

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:21 PM

Crash you are still using Nemesis Mercs?? I thought that name died out a long time ago....

Boot to da Head!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users