78 replies to this topic

#1 MouseNo4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 630 posts
  • LocationVictoria Australia

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:13 PM

I do believe that is what the Americans call it.

Please do not let the enemy know my location. I dont really care if you are dead and want the match to end as soon as you die. I am alive and want to keep it that way.

#2 Roughneck45

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:15 PM

Yes that is quite annoying.

The only time I call out a location is if they are afk or disconnect.

Also, I believe it is taddle tale. Google knows all lol

Edited by Roughneck45, 13 November 2012 - 01:23 PM.

#3 MouseNo4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 630 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:16 PM

View PostRoughneck45, on 13 November 2012 - 01:15 PM, said:

Yes that is quite annoying.

The only time I call out a location is if they are afk or disconnect.

Also, I believe it is taddle tale.

I actually had to google it, as i didnt know how it was spelt either. Google tells me it is spelt the way i did.

#4 dF0X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 678 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona, USA

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:17 PM

Well, I don't suppose you are one of those players that just run and hide do you? You know, not participating in the battle?

#5 MouseNo4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 630 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:18 PM

View PostDesrtfox, on 13 November 2012 - 01:17 PM, said:

Well, I don't suppose you are one of those players that just run and hide do you? You know, not participating in the battle?

Irrelevant to this thread. Announcing a team member's location is a practice that should never happen.

#6 Clay Pigeon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:20 PM

View PostMouseNo4, on 13 November 2012 - 01:18 PM, said:

Irrelevant to this thread. Announcing a team member's location is a practice that should never happen.

Completely relevant. Cowards deserve to die, first by losing a leg, then both arms, then both side torsos, then by stripping the last leg, and finally by coring the CT.

#7 dF0X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 678 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona, USA

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:20 PM

Not at all irrelevant. Sorry.

This is precisely the reason for many player's positions being called out by their teammates.

#8 EyeOne

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,488 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCockpit, Stone Rhino

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:21 PM

Haha, yes that is what we call it here in America when little kids tell on each other.

I've seen this happen before. I don't get it, if I'm watching the last guy, I'm always rooting for my team to win. But I guess others are too selfish.

#9 Malora Sidewinder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 390 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:23 PM

I'm going to disagree with this. I'd say if someone is hiding without making an attempt to participate they deserve to be called out and spotted for the enemy to finish up.

Or if you're down to the last guy and he's AFK/DC, you should tell the enemy so they can rush base and quickcap making the match faster for everyone. Just good manners, man.

#10 kragmoor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 111 posts
  • Locationohio

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:23 PM

Wow, sucks if people are calling you out when there is still a chance. I do call out if you are just idling in spawn or walking into the edge of the map however.

#11 Dakkath

• 1,980 posts
  • LocationG-14 Classified

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:24 PM

I find this kind of funny. But really, it's a game. Put the guy on your block list and move along ;)

#12 00dlez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:34 PM

False. If you are wasting my time for no reason other than to save your KDR or a repair bill, I'll rat you out in a heart beat.

If it's 3v1 and you are moving to an ambush position, of course I'll keep my mouth shut.

EDIT: Also, the context of that phrase also implies that the person being tattletaled on has in fact done something wrong... so yeah.

Edited by 00dlez, 13 November 2012 - 01:35 PM.

#13 MouseNo4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 630 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:35 PM

Ive already reported quite a number of players for announcing a team mate's position - NOT JUST MY OWN.

So far, ive yet to see PGI take any action against these players apart from stating ''they will look into it'' [REDACTED] they usually reply with.

Edited by Viterbi, 13 November 2012 - 03:09 PM.
Removed directed language

#14 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:35 PM

I always give your location if you're delaying the inevitable, AFK, or have been useless for the whole game.
Despite being king troll, I don't have my location given up. Because I do none of the above, and that's what people care about.

#15 Stickjock

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,687 posts
  • LocationPetal, MS

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:38 PM

Giving away a friendly team members position... Another one that to me falls under the 'griefing' catagory... And one that gets a report to support@mwomercs.com...

I know, I'm silly like that... ;)

#16 Tarman

• 2,080 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:42 PM

View Post00dlez, on 13 November 2012 - 01:34 PM, said:

False. If you are wasting my time for no reason other than to save your KDR or a repair bill, I'll rat you out in a heart beat.

If it's 3v1 and you are moving to an ambush position, of course I'll keep my mouth shut.

EDIT: Also, the context of that phrase also implies that the person being tattletaled on has in fact done something wrong... so yeah.

Your time isn't worth someone else's money. You're not paying their repair bills. All you're doing is being a poor sport. Way to be classy.

#17 Particle Man

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

If you're hiding behind a rock because you're afraid of a repair bill, not capturing their base, or not hunting them down then you deserve to be tattled on.

i dont give 1/2 of a [REDACTED] about your repair bill or if you;re trying to save yourself 50k in repairs. If i'm waiting for the match to end and you;re not doing something constructive, tough [REDACTED].

Edited by Viterbi, 13 November 2012 - 03:08 PM.
Removed offensive language

#18 MouseNo4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 630 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

View PostStickjock, on 13 November 2012 - 01:38 PM, said:

Giving away a friendly team members position... Another one that to me falls under the 'griefing' catagory... And one that gets a report to support@mwomercs.com...

I know, I'm silly like that... ;)

Yes well... like a lot of multiplayer game ''support'' teams. Teamkilling, greifing, trolling, hacking or cheating simply gets ignored.

#19 00dlez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:46 PM

View PostTarman, on 13 November 2012 - 01:42 PM, said:

Your time isn't worth someone else's money. You're not paying their repair bills. All you're doing is being a poor sport. Way to be classy.

My founder's time ticks down at the same rate as your's does chief, and the 6 other people on our team. You are wasting OUR real money too, so sack up and make the sacrifice the rest of us already did in an attmept to help your c-bill pocket book.

#20 Mick Mars

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 165 posts
  • LocationSavannah, GA area

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:48 PM

I lold at this. It seems that someone got found out. If you're being a little girl(and I happen to stick around that long), then I'll help them find you. Being scared of a repair bill that only costs ingame money is asinine. Die with honor, go and get you some!

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users