House Liao introductions

266 replies to this topic

#121 IMTatsu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationOhio, USA

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:28 AM

View PostVolturnus, on 27 April 2012 - 07:10 PM, said:

I don't think we'd ever see that in a million years...

They'd be far too busy consuming themselves to ever notice us . . . . heh heh heh

#122 IMTatsu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationOhio, USA

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:54 AM

Ohmigod . . . where do I start.

I am Tatsu.

Original boardgame, EGA, AOL/Gamestorm/Kesmai, MW1-4, Mektek, books, videos. If it's out there, I've played it, read it, lived it, loved it, and had my heart broken by it . . . . more than once. I am Liao because . . . um . . . is there anything else?

I'm still here, and whether that's bad news for us, or for them, rest easy in the truth that there is no manner of hell, harm, hate, or misery we won't visit upon those who may dare to visit ill upon myself and mine. We are Liao, and I am it's righteous blade.

Stop running, silly heathens. You'll ony die tired.

>:{

#123 RenegadeMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • LocationUSA's Caustic Valley: Arizona

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:03 PM

I am Renegade Master with a call sign of RM or Renegade.

Raised in the rural Southwest, I grew up tinkering with technology, enjoying the mountainous rural desert landscape that I called my home. After building my own computer at a relatively young age, I was later able to travel to some planets where I would pilot my own mech (Battletech, MW2 Mercs, MW3). My favorite mech is the Timberwolf/Mad Cat. When I later moved into the big city, I attended college while furthering my technical skills and learned about different cultures (Civilizations 2 MGE), alien life forms (Starcraft), and street smarts (GTA 2-3s, Max Payne 1 & 2). One of my favorite things to do was commanding armies of mechs (Total Annihilation). I then let the big city get the best of me, and I went dark for years.

Looking back at my beginnings, it seems some as if not much has changed today since I returned to the rural desert just recently, am tinkering with technology for a living, moonlighting as a bodyguard (Max Payne 3), and piloting a mech (MW4). I eagerly wait exploring and staking a claim in the Inner Sphere with you all (MWO).

I currently align myself with House Liao because the following part of Liao’s faction description seems to reflect my backgorund more than any of the other factions:

A Capellan citizen sees it as his or her duty to serve the nation first and himself second; individual rights are therefore subordinate to the needs of the state. …this simple trait has allowed the Capellan nation to survive and prosper even after the Federated Commonwealth broke its back in the Fourth Succession War. As always, adversity merely strengthens the Capellan Confederation.

In the other little spare time that I have, some things I enjoy include travelling, hiking, board & card games, and going to the occasional dance club.

#124 Kyll Long

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:21 PM

Hmm did I really never post here? Eh well Tagline says it all :huh:

#125 DrakeWallington

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 46 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:59 PM

Pilot Name: Drake Wallington

Background: Um background, set let... I have play second and Third MechWarrior game in PC and both xbox version

Other interests: I'm Game Design (Level Designer) and gamer, I don't like trash talk to others player. I keep it clean with other players also I always i'm polite to other games.

I chose House Liao Well I feel this faction is best for suit me.

#126 Aeolian Advocate

Rookie

• The Crimson Sentinel
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 4 posts
  • LocationNingxia

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:00 AM

Harro, I'm Aeolian Advocate. Pleased to meet you guys!

Background: Played BT:Crescent Hawks Inception, MW 2 Merc, MW 4, MW4:Black Knight and MW4:Merc, MechCommander 2. Had always wanted to try out the tabletop but never really got my hands on it. Was waiting for a MW 5 for eons, and while I dabbled into Ragnarok Online, WoW, Starcraft 2, Civ 3 - 5, the Total Wars series, and Diablo 3...and MWO shows up, and with the choice of choosing one of the Great Houses! At first I was stuck between Kurita or Liao......the way of the warrior, red-themed, sake-and-sushi, or the Lorix Order, green-themed, char siu bao....and finally decided to go green with a few reasons: the Warrior Houses - reminds me of the European knightly orders; the sense of loyalty, unity, & perseverance derived from Liao's history; being the champion of the people, and being the Inner Sphere underdogs.

Preferred Roles: Pretty much a close-combat brawler/harasser with some speed to run around enemies and my LBX Autocannon/20 blazing :)

#127 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:57 AM

Welcome, Drake Wallington and Aeolian Advocate. Pleased to meet you two too. :)

#128 IMTatsu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationOhio, USA

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:11 AM

Welcome home, warriors.

#129 TheSprinkle

• PipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 67 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:23 AM

Hi, I am Sprinkle42, Sprinkle is my real last name. Anyway, I joined the CapCom because I don't want to be ruled by religious zealots, and it seems like Steiner and Davion can't get their s*** together. I'm glad to be here, and I am forming a lance.
5th Army, 42nd Mechanized, 13th Electronic Warfare Light Lance:
"The Eyes Behind The Sword"Posted Image

#130 Rorusbass

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationBelow MSL

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:16 AM

Handle: Rorusbass, or Rorus for short (bass works just as well)
Experiance: SNES mechwarrior, some mechwarrior 2, much mechwarrior 3 (& pirate moon)and mechwarrior 4 (mercs), also mechcommander 2. I'm not much of a reader so most of my background / story knowledge comes from those games.

Why Liao? I thought about the space vikings, as they are underdogs aswell... but I loathe a certain faction. Over at this place we keep it IC, I can blast that certain faction AND I get to play the way I like it best, low profile (cause my Lowtax friends will attract the attention ;) ) and the Liao methods for warfare suit me aswell. I will fight for Liao first and myself second and bow to Romano Liao.

#131 IMTatsu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationOhio, USA

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:18 AM

Regardless of the road that brought you here. We welcome you all home.

#132 Moffmalthus

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 05:50 AM

Hello all,

Pilot name MoffMalthus, a name I have used since I started playing Battletech in 1986.

I've always loved house Liao since I started. Part of this is due to being a sucker for hard luck cases and loving the underdog and I've also always admired the anchent history of China.

My playstyle leans Heavy/Assault due to the fact that the CC seems to always have a shortage of these classes of mech. I'm very excited about MWO and cant wait for the game to start on August 7th!!

#133 Ted Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:59 AM

I'm Ted Steiner and I joined because my ******* brother thinks he's so much smarter than everybody else.

#134 Third Flower

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:25 AM

View PostTed Steiner, on 14 July 2012 - 10:59 AM, said:

I'm Ted Steiner and I joined because my ******* brother thinks he's so much smarter than everybody else.

Hello Ted. Why don't you tell us something about yourself?

#135 Moffmalthus

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:36 PM

Hmmm... a Steiner who will join house Liao.... I am suspicious...

#136 Ted Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:20 PM

What's to tell? Adam's **** don't stink like mine does. I'm just as good in a mech as he is but because he kissed faculty *** all through academy he got the promotion that was supposed to be mine and they're even talking about making him a teacher. **** that **** I was always better in a tin can and they were already paid for that ******* promotion. Do you think you get a refund on something like that? **** no. "What money, sir?"

#137 Bastard Ken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:22 AM

It is clear that the arm of criticism cannot replace the criticism of arms. Material force can only be overthrown by material force, but theory itself becomes a material force when it has seized the masses. Theory is capable of seizing the masses when it demonstrates ad hominem, and it demonstrates ad hominem as soon as it becomes radical. To be radical is to grasp things by the root. But for man the root is man himself. What proves beyond doubt the radicalism of Lyran theory, and thus its practical energy, is that it begins from the resolute positive abolition of religion. The criticism of religion ends with the doctrine that man is the supreme being for man. It ends, therefore, with the categorical imperative to overthrow all those conditions in which man is an abased, enslaved, abandoned, contemptible being—conditions which can hardly be better described than in the exclamation of a Davion on the occasion of a proposed tax upon peasants: 'Wretched dogs! They want to treat you like men!'

#138 Anders

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 612 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:37 AM

Pew Pew is the sound.
Quickest shadow to strike them.
The 'Mech slides away.

Edited by Anders, 16 July 2012 - 08:38 AM.

#139 IMTatsu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationOhio, USA

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:16 PM

Our friend Ken enjoys the look and sound of his own posts only slightly more than the rest of us . . . Welcome home to you both.

#140 Cutama

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:07 PM

Metro...I am with you...again. what lance u want me in?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users