• 38 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:16 PM

well met sir...well met

#182 Jondine

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:34 AM

In the past House Liao was the holders of knowledge. Want to bring back the golden era.

I have played Battletech. All of the computer games that were made for Mechwarrior and Mech Commander.
I have read a majority of the novels. And owned all of the House books.

I also like historical wargaming. Play Flames of War.

I started in to wargaming with the S&T maagazine games, this really dates me.

Enjoy reading sifi, mystery and historical subjects.

#183 DrakeWallington

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 46 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:29 AM

View PostDerman, on 08 August 2012 - 08:56 PM, said:

Callsign: Derman

Mechs: Catapult/dragon/awesome

Background: grew up watching dad playing MW2/quake and when i was old enough i started playing MW2 and then MW4 and have been wishing for a real MW game in modern graphics.

As for house Liao, I want to fight for the underdog and beat up Davion :P

Welcome!

#184 HandofBane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • LocationHoly Terra

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:59 PM

Callsign: HandofBane

Currently piloting: Catapult and Hunchback until we can get a proper Vindicator.

Background: Got hooked on Battletech way back in 1990/91 with Crescent Hawk's Revenge, which led promptly into forcing mom's boyfriend to run a Mechwarrior 2nd Ed/BT campaign for myself and my brothers. Been hopelessly addicted ever since, introducing new friends to the game across 5 different cross-country moves (including a few who will be joining MWO).

I have gotten a kick out of House Liao due in part to some of the later novels adding a new perspective, and partly from having read the original House Book back in the day (though Sword and Dagger did give a bit of a twisted starting view of them). My proudest Liao-related moment was telling Loren Coleman at the Catalyst sales booth at Gen Con a couple years ago "No I don't want to buy a Marik shirt, you guys need some proper Capellan goods". He promised some would be available soon, though I didn't manage to make it back the next year.

#185 Atomsmasherisw

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:48 PM

Callsign: Atomsmasher

Currently piloting: Desk Chair

I have been a member of the Battletech community for over 20 years. Served as a staff member in Multiplayer Battletech working for Kesmai and EA. I was one of the first eleven people to participate in the 3025 closed beta. Pissed off a lot of developers by questioning missile ranges and firing rates. Served as attack dummy for Tarl Cabot as he showed that a Raven was more than a throw away mech.

I became a member of House Liao after spending many nights with some of the most honorable people I had the pleasure to meet. The sad truth is many aren't with us any longer, but they showed a strength and dignity I haven't run across in many years.

House Liao has always represented a group of individuals having to overcome overwhelming odds. When I played ISW, the graphic representation confirmed just how fragile our territory was. I spent many a night with Fireberretta fighting wave after wave of lance attacks trying to hold the line. Others such as Metro, Stinger, Stormhazen, and many others who are too numerous to mentioned demonstrated that by working together and a bit of skill we could achieve greatness.

Saying all this, I would be doing an injustice if I didn't take the time to acknowledge my good friend Tatsu. He was the swaying decision for me to join Liao oh so many years ago. I am glad to see he has returned.

I would like to welcome the Goons to Liao. Spending a lot of nights as the only Liao representative in a Mechwarrior game, I appreciate the dedication and outlook you bring. It isn't uncommon for individuals who were on the wrong side of a butt kicking to not like those who were doing the kicking. Frankly, I have always seen focusing on a single target as good tactics; not ganging up on people. I don't buy into the dogma there is an honorable way to get killed. I will exploit every weakness the opponent has, because at the end of the day it is about winning the match and not pinning a gold star on my tombstone. Fight as one, die as none.

Posted Image

Edited by Atomsmasherisw, 10 August 2012 - 03:52 PM.

#186 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:00 AM

Welcome to the Confederation, Jondine, Hand of Bane and Atomsmasher.

It'll be an honour to drop with you against the enemies of our belove House Liao!

#187 Solahma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 1,364 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNerv HQ, Tokyo-3

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:28 AM

Pilot Name: Solahma

Background: MechCommander, MechWarrior3, MechWarrior4, BattleTech, and Aerospace.

Other Interests: Warhammer 40K, Infinity (the game), Battlefield 3, Skyrim, Portal, Half-Life, Paintball, Shooting (firearms).

Reasons for joining Liao:
Capellan Confederation is my first (and only) love from Battle Tech. I bleed green.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Solahma, 14 August 2012 - 05:31 AM.

#188 Anders

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 612 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:59 PM

View PostAtomsmasherisw, on 10 August 2012 - 03:48 PM, said:

Callsign: Atomsmasher

Currently piloting: Desk Chair

I have been a member of the Battletech community for over 20 years. Served as a staff member in Multiplayer Battletech working for Kesmai and EA. I was one of the first eleven people to participate in the 3025 closed beta. Pissed off a lot of developers by questioning missile ranges and firing rates. Served as attack dummy for Tarl Cabot as he showed that a Raven was more than a throw away mech.

I became a member of House Liao after spending many nights with some of the most honorable people I had the pleasure to meet. The sad truth is many aren't with us any longer, but they showed a strength and dignity I haven't run across in many years.

House Liao has always represented a group of individuals having to overcome overwhelming odds. When I played ISW, the graphic representation confirmed just how fragile our territory was. I spent many a night with Fireberretta fighting wave after wave of lance attacks trying to hold the line. Others such as Metro, Stinger, Stormhazen, and many others who are too numerous to mentioned demonstrated that by working together and a bit of skill we could achieve greatness.

Saying all this, I would be doing an injustice if I didn't take the time to acknowledge my good friend Tatsu. He was the swaying decision for me to join Liao oh so many years ago. I am glad to see he has returned.

I would like to welcome the Goons to Liao. Spending a lot of nights as the only Liao representative in a Mechwarrior game, I appreciate the dedication and outlook you bring. It isn't uncommon for individuals who were on the wrong side of a butt kicking to not like those who were doing the kicking. Frankly, I have always seen focusing on a single target as good tactics; not ganging up on people. I don't buy into the dogma there is an honorable way to get killed. I will exploit every weakness the opponent has, because at the end of the day it is about winning the match and not pinning a gold star on my tombstone. Fight as one, die as none.

Mr. Atomsmashersiws:

The Word of Lowtax welcomes you to house Liao.

Robotically Yours,
Anders
Public Relations Officer
Bropocalypse Now Lance - "The Fist of Lowtax"

#189 IMTatsu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationOhio, USA

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:23 AM

Hail, and well met, (and caught up with again) to all. May the light of a thousand PPCs light our way forward to victory.

>:{

#190 Anders

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 612 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:05 AM

View PostSolahma, on 14 August 2012 - 05:28 AM, said:

Pilot Name: Solahma

Background: MechCommander, MechWarrior3, MechWarrior4, BattleTech, and Aerospace.

Other Interests: Warhammer 40K, Infinity (the game), Battlefield 3, Skyrim, Portal, Half-Life, Paintball, Shooting (firearms).

Reasons for joining Liao:
Capellan Confederation is my first (and only) love from Battle Tech. I bleed green.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Mr. Solahma:

The Word of Lowtax welcomes you to House Liao. You might want to get that bleeding green thing looked at, however.

Robotically Yours,
Anders
Public Relations Officer, Director of Man/Bird Relations

#191 Anders

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 612 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:18 PM

Mr. Truthstar:

There are two threads dedicated to asking Goons questions, this is not one of them. We here at the Word of Lowtax welcome you to House Liao.

Robotically Yours,
Anders

#192 metro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:26 AM

Welcome aboard to the newest of arrivals.

Let's keep on topic here, and all will be well.

>salute<

#193 Truthstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:01 PM

View PostMetro, on 16 August 2012 - 06:26 AM, said:

Welcome aboard to the newest of arrivals.

Let's keep on topic here, and all will be well.

>salute<

I just hope the new arrivals are more involved with training for Liao's benefit.

#194 Truthstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:05 PM

View PostAnders, on 15 August 2012 - 10:18 PM, said:

Mr. Truthstar:

There are two threads dedicated to asking Goons questions, this is not one of them. We here at the Word of Lowtax welcome you to House Liao.

Robotically Yours,
Anders

You Sir are correct...and I'd prefer to get my welcomes from the owners of a house when I make my presence.

Truthstar

#195 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:36 AM

Good to see ya truth star. Holding up your edge of the world I assume?:P

#196 Truthstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:36 PM

Oh you know me; gotta keep those edges sharp :lol:

#197 Basilisk7

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:56 PM

Hello,

I haven't made a decision yet as to what house i want to get stuck in with, but at this moment leaning towards Liao. I like the idea of the underdog roll also the embalm is just awesome anyway here goes:

Name: Basilisk7

I have played just about every Mechwarrior related game out there most of my time has been spent playing the Mechwarrior 4 games. I have also read several of the books most notably the Warrior Trilogy upon which i found myself hoping that the Capellan Confederation would overcome the Davion assault. Ever since then i have developed a strong dislike for Davion. That;s basically why i am thinking about throwing in my PPCs with house Liao.

Looking forward to shredding the armor of those who stand in our way.

#198 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:44 PM

Welcome basilisk7,

Houseliao standing by to train and assist you, should you decide to join the ranks.

#199 Anders

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 612 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:30 PM

View PostBasilisk7, on 17 August 2012 - 12:56 PM, said:

Hello,

I haven't made a decision yet as to what house i want to get stuck in with, but at this moment leaning towards Liao. I like the idea of the underdog roll also the embalm is just awesome anyway here goes:

Name: Basilisk7

I have played just about every Mechwarrior related game out there most of my time has been spent playing the Mechwarrior 4 games. I have also read several of the books most notably the Warrior Trilogy upon which i found myself hoping that the Capellan Confederation would overcome the Davion assault. Ever since then i have developed a strong dislike for Davion. That;s basically why i am thinking about throwing in my PPCs with house Liao.

Looking forward to shredding the armor of those who stand in our way.

Mr. Basilik-Seven:

The Word of Lowtax welcomes you to House Liao. Be safe in the comfort that the Word of Lowtax provides and looks out for fellow housemates.

Robotically Yours,
Anders

#200 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:54 PM

View PostMetro, on 17 August 2012 - 02:44 PM, said:

Welcome basilisk7,

Houseliao standing by to train and assist you, should you decide to join the ranks.

FYI basilik, you will find the house members at houseliao.com, prepping for mwos going live

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users