Reminder: Please Report Suspected Suicide Farmers.

48 replies to this topic

#1 Lefty Lucy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,924 posts
  • LocationFree Tikonov Republic

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:34 AM

Earlier today, a suicide farmer helped turn what could have been a close match (despite starting 7 v 8) into a total rout.

I took a screen shot of the final score, and sent this e-mail to support@mwomercs.com

"User ***** was in what appeared to be a trial catapult, ran straight towards the enemy, was unresponsive to text communication, and died after only doing 6 damage. I suspect that he was suicide farming.
Attached is a screen shot of the end-of-game statistics."
They responded promptly and professionally. I understand that there are mechanics in place that make suicide farming the easiest way to get money, and that those mechanics definitely need to be addressed, but for now the only way to deal with people who do this is to report them.

#2 Valder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • LocationQQmercs.com

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:39 AM

Posted Image

#3 Lefty Lucy

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,924 posts
  • LocationFree Tikonov Republic

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:41 AM

View PostValder, on 17 November 2012 - 11:39 AM, said:

Posted Image

Do you find the tone of my post to be un-calm? They've made reporting a little more difficult, so I just wanted to remind everyone how it's done.

#4 UnofficialOperator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,493 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:42 AM

A week back, there was a frequent obnoxious forum poster who kept suiciding as a way to raise cbills too & even unabashedly explained why ingame... (we still won but it was tougher)

Just waiting for 20th to come around then it'll be 8v8 all the way :blink:

Edited by Reign Of Courage, 17 November 2012 - 11:43 AM.

#5 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:44 AM

When there's an in game report function I will do so. I'm not writing down names and sending in tickets, that's dumb and if PGI doesn't consider it important enough to implement I don't consider it important enough to use their stupid archaic system.

#6 Tickdoff Tank

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,647 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:55 AM

View PostRG Notch, on 17 November 2012 - 11:44 AM, said:

When there's an in game report function I will do so. I'm not writing down names and sending in tickets, that's dumb and if PGI doesn't consider it important enough to implement I don't consider it important enough to use their stupid archaic system.

Spoken like a true Beta Tester

Or not.

#7 Mike McSullivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 556 posts
  • LocationHannover, Germany

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:03 PM

The problem is still, you cant really tell whos suiciding and whos not.
I did it once, but not on purpose. I ran oob, because i wasnt aware of the "exit" line^^. Did ~10 dmg at that point.
I think that happens to everyone once.

If some enemymech is running straight into our defense, single shooting left and right, powerdown...well...maybe hes drunk? :blink:

#8 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:08 PM

View PostTickdoff Tank, on 17 November 2012 - 11:55 AM, said:

Spoken like a true Beta Tester

Or not.

Not a beta tester, I'm a paying customer. I was a beta tester and PGI didn't listen when this was brought up. Obviously they don't consider it important so neither will I. I don't get how being a beta tester has anything to do this. I told them before about the issue, they say they are working on it. I say when it's in game I will happily test it. The ticket system works, no need for me to test that. If they consider stopping afkers and exploiters a low priority so will I. Seems like ideal beta tester to me. IF you mean doing PGI's work for them, no I'm not ideal with doing something for a company I pay for the privilege to "test" their game.

#9 Bunz of Steel

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:19 PM

I don't get what is purposeful suicide running and just sucking.

I am new and get my shorts handed to me every time while maybe getting out 40 damage. Then I just quit and reload a different trial mech.

Is it bad that I do not hang around for the whole match? I need hours and hours of practice driving... so for sure I do not AFK... but I feel sorry for my team.

#10 UraniumOverdose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 648 posts
  • LocationBurning hot sphere of pure rage.

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:27 PM

I like how they claim the mechanics need work, when the solution is obvious. DITCH THE TRIAL MECHS. Give each new player a light or medium variant of their choice and 1 million cbills to give it a basic kit. DONE AND DONE.

#11 damonvile

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:29 PM

View PostParticle Man, on 17 November 2012 - 12:16 PM, said:

yes, because typing out the issue in an email is so much more difficult than typing out the issue on a 'report' form.

it's a bullsh*t excuse to be lazy and do nothing. I guess that's okay if you are also not crying about the things you arent reporting.

It's not a BS excuse it's how most people deal with issues in games. Also, when they have in game reporting it should be linked to the game you're in so the devs can pull all the info they need from a proper ( on their end ) report from a game.

emails or forums are limited to what the player decided to include and is very biased to their side of things.

#12 von Pilsner

• 1,043 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:31 PM

I would think if they really wanted us to report folks, they would institute an in-game reporting system.

#13 Particle Man

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:24 PM

View Postdamonvile, on 17 November 2012 - 12:29 PM, said:

emails or forums are limited to what the player decided to include and is very biased to their side of things.

so it's the devs fault that players arent including info?

here's an example:

"user 'Arseface' was suicide farming in my match at 12:01 PM MST"

OMG that was difficult! No wonder you poor things are so reluctant to do anything!
sorry, it's still a lazy excuse, and trying to justify it isnt going to help

The devs should monitor every one of the thousands of games per day and should automatically know about and fix all exploiters! I wont help, because that would mean i would have to do something about it rather than cry on the forums where the devs might or might not see it. Why would i want to cry directly to them? they might actually hear me!

Edited by Particle Man, 17 November 2012 - 01:25 PM.

#14 multiplesanta34

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:44 PM

View PostParticle Man, on 17 November 2012 - 01:24 PM, said:

here's an example:

OMG that was difficult! No wonder you poor things are so reluctant to do anything!
It's their game, they can handle it however they wish. It's not the customer's job to police their game for them. That seems rather lazy to expect them to.

#15 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:48 PM

View PostParticle Man, on 17 November 2012 - 01:24 PM, said:

here's an example:

No it's the devs fault they are too lazy to give us the tools modern games have. The beta excuse is fine, and when they put in the function I will test it. Until then go afk or suicide all you want, I'm not getting paid to be hall monitor so I will be lazy. Give me the tools that allow me to be lazy and still report these people and I'm all for it. Until PGI makes it a priority I will be just as lazy as them.

#16 Particle Man

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:51 PM

View Postmultiplesanta34, on 17 November 2012 - 01:44 PM, said:

It's their game, they can handle it however they wish. It's not the customer's job to police their game for them. That seems rather lazy to expect them to.

if you wont do anything to help fix the problem that is bothering you, that's YOUR lazyness.

this isnt EA and they dont have a 4000 person support team based in india. It's a small team with limited resources. I;nm sorry you have to put a little effort into it, but if you arent going to do anything but cry about it where no one that can do anything about it will see it, wtf are they supposed to do and how are they supposed to know?

just another example of spoiled children and their entitlement attitude.

if you arent going to do anything about it, dont cry about it either. No one in the forum can help you either, it takes you longer to bish about it here than it would to send an email. Except in an email, they will be aware of it. here you're just crying to other crybabies.

This Thread said:

hey guys, dont you hate it when people go afk and farm? yea me too. derp

Edited by Particle Man, 17 November 2012 - 01:55 PM.

#17 Hikaru Shizuka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 188 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:51 PM

View PostValder, on 17 November 2012 - 11:39 AM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#18 Krivvan

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,318 posts
  • LocationUSA/Canada

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:52 PM

View PostMemory, on 17 November 2012 - 01:50 PM, said:

DELETED

There's a reason naming and shaming isn't a good idea. Do that and you run the risk of turning r/mwo into r/starcraft where witchhunts happen even on the smallest rumour.

What's stopping someone from just making a post that [person I do not like] is doing something bad and then just doctoring up simple evidence?

[Also, the r/mwo community and the mwo forum community are pretty separate, like r/starcraft, the Blizzard forums and TeamLiquid if I have to use a Starcraft analogy again]

Edited by RAM, 18 November 2012 - 11:38 PM.
Deleted Quote

#19 multiplesanta34

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:56 PM

View PostParticle Man, on 17 November 2012 - 01:51 PM, said:

if you wont do anything to help fix the problem that is bothering you, that's YOUR lazyness.

this isnt EA and they dont have a 4000 person support team based in india. It's a small team with limited resources. I;nm sorry you have to put a little effort into it, but if you arent going to do anything but cry about it where no one that can do anything about it will see it, wtf are they supposed to do and how are they supposed to know?

just another example of spoiled children and their entitlement attitude.
The problem isn't bothering me, so no, it's their laziness. I really don't care if they are a small or second rate company either, that's no excuse. There is a afk or suicide grinder in nearly every game, as was said above, if the makers of the game aren't worrying about it neither am I. But no, i'm not going to do your job for you, sorry.

#20 Allekatrase

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:57 PM

View PostParticle Man, on 17 November 2012 - 01:51 PM, said:

AFKers and Suicide farmers aren't bothering me nearly as much as the broken economic model that encourages these behaviors. Until such time as the devs see fit to fix their broken game and implement proper reporting features I see no reason to report players for USING the system that they have in place. If it was a priority for them they would have removed the incentive to do these things. Obviously they either don't care or it's low on their priority list.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users