Strategy games

103 replies to this topic

#101 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:22 AM

That game seems really promising. The more strategy games today, the better, as I use to say. :P

#102 Joe Davion 86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 269 posts
  • LocationCLT-NC

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:46 PM

Gah I hope the sale is still going on when I get paid this friday. I will most definately pick it up. I watched the let's try and the bit about having a voice in developing the game via voting or putting points towards a certain feature is just absolutely kick a$$.

Edit: typos

Edited by Joe Davion 86, 06 May 2012 - 11:47 PM.

#103 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:34 AM

How many of you played God games? It's easy to name them all, since they are so rare: Populous, Black and White and From Dust.
Awesome type of a strategy games, but only 3 franchises tried it, 2 of which aren't supported anymore. It's sad. :rolleyes:

What was your experience with these games? :(

#104 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:35 PM

I really like to play strategy games, no matter if RTS or RBS. Those times I had with C&C1 and Red Alert were pure awesome, and completing a mission was extremely rewarding with those brilliant CGIs. Also loves the Civ games, not to forget the awesome mod Fall from Heaven for Civ IV. The games I spend the most time with are:

- Colonization (the original from 199X), so much better then the remade one on the Civ IV engine.
- Panzer General, where you just wanted to play "one more round" and all the sudden the sun was rising again :(
- Ascendency, had a cool subline in the german version ( Macht der Allmacht ) and did most things better then Masters of Orion did
- Soldiers - Heroes of World War II, awesome coop game, had so much fun with 3 of my friends to beat the missions, you could do so many things on the battlefield, the game had an awesome physic engine, successor is Men of War
- Last Stand mode of Dawn of War II

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users